error help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

error help

I'm able to download listings just fine, and I see them in the listings directory.

I'm receiving the following err when doing the import though:

Also, when I click on HSTV Listings I receive:

Script error: [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Too few parameters. Expected 1.

datString = "'"
    End if

Any help would be appreciated.

TIA

Some information on this error here:

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread...highlight=hstv

Seems that the TV ratings table is not properly created and has to be done so manually. With much help from experienced forum members, I was able to manually create it in MS Access and the error no longer occurs. You will probably also notice that the HSTV "search" function will not work in your present state.

Hope the above link is of some assistance,
    Bill

Comment

After a re-install from updater, all errors went away.

Now I'm back to my initial problem:

I SEE NOTHING UNDER THE HSTV LISTINGS TAB !

Comment

OK. Hold the phone

HSTV Messages virtual device still shows that it is doing import (after clicking refresh I see differant channels in status column)
        Will report back after that is done.

Comment

AWESOME. All is working correctly. It took 44 minutes for the import to complete. After that I was able to view HSTV Listings. Now to tweak it a little!

Comment

Okay, figured out the download editor thing, the timezone problem, last one (for now!)...

I see this error in my log pretty regularly. Do I need to edit this script?

<TABLE cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>9/25/2005 11:00:00 AM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 align=left colSpan=3>Info </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 align=left colSpan=8>Event Trigger "HSTVSetDevices"</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>9/25/2005 11:00:00 AM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 align=left colSpan=3>Info </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 align=left colSpan=8>Running script in background: HSTvSetDevices.txt</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>9/25/2005 11:00:33 AM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 align=left colSpan=3>WARNING </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 align=left colSpan=8>GetEvent is not reliable for event enumeration. Please use the new GetEventEnumerator method.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

I don't even find "GetEvent" in this script, though perhaps it's in the .VBS that's called as an include?

Comment

Do you have the 2.0 version from the updater?

Funny, I dont get that error when I run the set devices script. Might it be coming from a different script? Seems they could state that on getting that error.

Do you have devices selected for favorites in the hstv setup screen under the import tab? I do so maybe if no devices are selected it causes an error?

Later, Terry

Comment

Originally posted by tman1
                Might it be coming from a different script?

Do you have devices selected for favorites in the hstv setup screen under the import tab? I do so maybe if no devices are selected it causes an error?
                I don't think it's another script. HSTV is the only thing I've installed since installing HS2 and I never saw the warning until just after installing HSTV.

Devices selected for favorites? Not sure what that means. I did just go through the "download editor" (should be called the Import tab if you ask me, but nobody did ) and checked off a few favorites. I don't know what the devices part of the equation is. I'll go through the docs and look through the various options again.

Ah, ok, I just went and looked and now the device part of your question makes sense. No, I have none. I'll add one and see if the problem continues.

I should also add that I did not initially think to create the virtual device that holds the status. You know, the one that's defined in the admin page. s1 it was. I guess I assumed the devices needed would be automatically created.

I have it now, and I caught that very early on, so I'm not sure if that could have been part of the warning message.

Comment

Working...
                X