Daylight savings time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daylight savings time

I go through this every time the time changes... and I still don't remember.

Exactly where do you make changes to adjust for DST?

Thanks

Go into you xmltv.conf file and subtract 1 hour from you time zone. This file is in your \data\hstv\xmltv\.

Then you must re-download and reload import.
    Thanks,

T.

Comment

Hmmm

I did that... 2 times.

Will check again tonight. So for Eastern US it should be -0400 then?

Comment

Ski,

I just spent a couple of hours Monday night getting my listings corrected. I went into the tv_grab_na_dd.conf file (in notepad) and changed the time offset (mine is -0500 for CDT). I then redownloaded the xml files and reimported. But then I had listings that showed both the old time and the new time overlapping (same show starting at 4:00 and at 5:00!!). So I deleted all the records in the hstv db (tv_listings table) and reran the import_multi event. It took a while but all is back to normal now.

Chuck

Comment

Thanks Chuck

I'll leave mine set for -0400 for a few days and see what happens..

Comment

Chuck,
            You currently have it set at -0500 for Daylight Saving Time. I am pretty sure I had -0600 before Daylight Savings. I am also on Central Time (Wisconsin). I guess I need to set it and leave it alone for a while. I've been impatiently changing this a lot lately.
            John

Comment

I am in the eastern time zone and the correct setting is -400. There is an option in HSTV Admin that allows you to reimport. This deletes the current days listings and the imports the new download. This only does 1 day at a time so if you have 3 days in advance you will have to do this 3 times choosing different days.
              Thanks,

T.

Comment

Originally posted by Tcassio
                ... There is an option in HSTV Admin that allows you to reimport. This deletes the current days listings and the imports the new download. This only does 1 day at a time so if you have 3 days in advance you will have to do this 3 times choosing different days.
                "This only does 1 day at a time"
                Well that helps explain one of the problems I was having.
                Thanks
                John

Comment

Here's what I ended up doing:
                  1. Edit the timezone in tv_grab_na_dd.conf
                  2. Use access and delete all entries in the 'tvlistings' table
                  3. Run hstvdownloadmulti
                  4. Run hstvimportmulti
                  5. Run hstvrepeatlistings

Wait for each script to finish before starting the next. For me, step 3 takes about 45 minutes, step 4 takes about 4 hours, and step 5 takes about a minute...

Comment

4 hours! How many listings are in your finished download? (total)

Comment

Only about 18,000. I should point out that in using a 450MHz PIII for HomeSeer.

It's fine for the routine stuff, but it bogs down a bit when updating the HSTV database or generating complicated graphs...

Comment

That would explain it....

I do about 9000 in 12 minutes.

Comment

John,

The time offsets are from Universal Coordinated Time (what used to be Greenwich Mean Time or GMT). That time zone (Zero reference is in Greewich England) is now (with DST) 5 hours ahead of us. That makes us 5 hours behind, hence the -0500. We'll all have to change again going back to Standard Time. Wish it could do it all automatically. I lost a few shows that were supposed to be recorded!

Chuck

Comment

I know this is a pain every time we have to adjust the clock. I forgot to do it myself until Wednesday when LOST was announced an hour early.

Between work, school and trying to sell our house, I don't have much time and it most likely won't get better any time soon.

However, I think I can put together a script to fix this for the future.
                            You will just have to remember to schedule the script to run over night on the day the time changes.

It would take 2 scripts. Here is what I am thinking and I'll write the first one to handle the change this fall.

The script would:
                            Delete all the upcoming HSTV events for reminders, record, etc.
                            Run a query to delete all the tv listings from that day forward.
                            Delete all the xml files.
                            Read the xmltv config file
                            Output the config file with a +1 on the time offset.

As long as you ran that script before the download and import for that day, you would be all set the next morning.

I have until this fall to get it done and since we are looking to move this summer, I should be able to actually do this. Then I can just modify this script to subtract 1 for spring of next year.

Does this sound good to everyone?

As far as imports. Last night mine was 9 minutes to import 61,614 records.
                            Make sure you have debugging turned off unless you need it on for a particular problem. That makes a huge difference. I'm also using SQL Server.
                            --
                            Jeff Farmer
                            HS 3, HSPhone
                            My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
                            Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Hi Jeff

It is really not a big deal.
                              If I were smarter, I would just write down the procedure...

Comment

Working...
                              X