Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Runtime Error

Hello,

I am using HS 2.1.122 and HSTV 2.7.5. I am able get through most of the setup. When the HSTVImportMulti is running, I get the following error:

How do I make it go away?

i

Can you tell us old timers what the error is showing?
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

My apologies!

Run-time error '-2147467258 (80004005)':
      [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Cannot open database'(unknown)'. It may not be a database that your application recognizes, or the file may be corrupt.

thx
      i

Comment

fix

go to control panel, click administrative tools.click ODBC,to systen dsn,you see HSTV click configure and then click repair, i think that should do it.

Comment

This appears to have solved the problem. I can now see some listings.

Just curious...When does the Virtual Device show up?

Thx
          i

Comment

For the virtual devices, make sure you have an event setup to run the script HSTvSetDevices.txt I have mine set to run every 30 minutes between 6AM and 11PM. This script is the one that grabs what is on and sets the device string.
            --
            Jeff Farmer
            HS 3, HSPhone
            My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
            Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Thanks!

I did the repair as recommended. I no longer get the error and I do see some listings. Currently there are only 20 channels listed. I have about 150 channels selected at Zap2It. The HSTVImportMulti was run about and 2 hours ago and the log indicated that the HSTVSetDevices has run three or four times. There is still no Virtual Device in the Status window. Is this normal behavior? Do I need to be more patient?

i
              Last edited by imott; September 18, 2006, 09:54 PM.

Comment

you need DSL

Comment

For the virtual devices, go to hstvdownload.asp and make sure you have entered some device codes in the column labeled device code. That allows you to control which channels actually end up using a device. Also make sure you select the channels in the download column. Even if you have a channel selected at zap2it, if you don't check the box under download it won't get imported.
                  --
                  Jeff Farmer
                  HS 3, HSPhone
                  Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Would I use the same device code for all of the channels?

Thanks!
                    i
                    Last edited by imott; September 19, 2006, 11:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by wayneway
                      you need DSL
                      Got cable! (That's what she said!!!)

Comment

SORRY friend i mis read your post i thouth you were using a 56k modem for downloading hstv data

Comment

Originally posted by imott
                          Would I use the same device code for all of the channels?

Thanks!
                          i
                          I am assuming the answer is no. Please confirm.

Thank you
                          i

Comment

You are correct. Give each channel that you want to be a device a different code.
                            I use the letter Y.

Y1 - SciFi
                            Y2 - USA
                            Y3 - DIY
                            Y4 - HTV
                            etc. etc.
                            --
                            Jeff Farmer
                            HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

Originally posted by CFGuy
                              You are correct. Give each channel that you want to be a device a different code.
                              I use the letter Y.

Y1 - SciFi
                              Y2 - USA
                              Y3 - DIY
                              Y4 - HTV
                              etc. etc.
                              Cool! Thanks!

How high can I go with the numbers?

thx
                              i

Comment

Working...