Run time error hstv.exe importcleanup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Run time error hstv.exe importcleanup

I have seen in other threads that this runtime error has been discussed before, however I am not able to figure out why this is happening:.
    1. I use a newer version of XMLTV (5.45) to be able to download tv-grab_no, the one coming with hstv plugin did not work.
    2. Event HSTV download completes ok. I only uses one source so I have removed 'multi ' in param to hstv.exe.
    3. Event HSTV import does the job, imports channels using a long time, the progress can be followed in s1 status.But when the cleanup starts it gets run time error 2147217900(80040E14) Syntax error in date in querry.

I have tried every advice in the documentation and threads , to set the ODBC correctly. (and the Database HSTV is updated. (It does not matter if i use multi or not in parameter setting.)

Attaching my ini file.
    Thanks for any help, to solve this issue.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by amatore; January 29, 2007, 01:45 PM.

Is it any support for HSTV anymore?

The question I asked has been out for a week or so, with no rsponse. Has the HSTV support stopped, or do I ask the question in the a wrong way or forum?

Comment

Jeff has gone back to school, and has been very busy. He told HSTV users that he would have a hard time supporting this very fine add on, but if time allowed, might jump in now and then.
      Don

Comment

The difference I see compared with my hstv.ini is that the date uses a dash instead of a dot and I don't know why. When date problems occur the problem is sometimes in the International settings of your system.

part of my ini file:
        [VR]
        lastchannel=0
        lasttimeasked=30-12-2005 22:00:00
        strShow=The greatest ever Fighter planes
        [PVR]
        showsnapicon=0
        [TV_AU]
        region=
        show=0
        [Debug]
        download=Start Makeupxmltvmulti
        MakeupxmltvStartTime=30-12-2005 12:35:23
        Makeupprovider1check=tv_grab_nl20051231.xml
        Makeupprovider2check=20051231.xml
        Makeupprovider1run=True
        Makeupprovider2run=True

your ini file:
        [VR]
        lastchannel=Test
        lasttimeasked=12:00:00
        DayName=søndag
        [PVR]
        showsnapicon=0
        [TV_AU]
        region=
        show=0
        [Debug]
        download=Start CleanFolder
        MakeupxmltvStartTime=28.01.2007 17:50:07
        Makeupprovider1check=tv_grab_no20070129.xml
        Makeupprovider2check=20070129.xml
        Makeupprovider1run=False
        Makeupprovider2run=True
        MakeupxmltvEndTime=28.01.2007 17:50:07
        commandParams=downloadxmltv
        commandParamsTime=28.01.2007 17:50:07

Comment

Thanks a lot for your effort, I have changed my date setting in Global definition , to be sure restarted the computer and started HSTVimport. The result will come in a couple of hours. Progress. This time it ended up in a differrent error 2147217900 Data in field would create duplicate values in primary key or relation ship.
          I start over scratching files in listning, download again and try. Also removed multi as parameter in both download and import. I wait and see.
          Thank again
          Tore
          Last edited by amatore; February 5, 2007, 05:51 PM. Reason: Update

Comment

The Solution. Thanks to b_weijenberg who gave me the clu that Globale setting of dates may be the problem ,the issue is now solved. Actually HSTV will not work if the Global setting is not set to US standard using yyyy-mm-dd and - as delimeter. In many European countries the windows setting is different. HSTV seem s to use the Global setting as mask when constructing dates during import, while using hardcoded US standard in download function or vica versa. The solution is to
            1. To change the the Global setting and advice so in the documentation.
            2. To correct the problem , using Global setting all over to mask dates.

With Jeff back to School I beleive we have to live with solution 1 for a while.

I came over a simular problem in TCrecipe, where actually filereferences was build out of Global Setting decimalpoint setting. I had a comma as decimalpoint delimeter, and the file references was ofcourse wrong. The files itself were contstructed by a hardcoded dot.[ ): filename 1.1 , reference build 1,1]
            Thanks Tore

Comment

Those differences in standards are often a problem. In the RFXPower scripts made by Connoleg there is a problem with the decimal point for EU people. I suggest that we in Europe take the US date format and the decimal point. And US starts with the metric system and the English start driving at the right side of the road.

Comment

I beleive Homeseer may need an European community of users to play with to get wrong things right. It is amazing how slow things are moving when it comes to standards. Maybe you are right, and when we are talking, why not forget our National Languages the same day, stanrize on Dutch or Norwegian? I wrote a note to homeseer about the issue. They are doing a great job with the product but should not have dyslexies like this one. Thanks for all help.
                Tore

Comment

Working...
                X