Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

both local and sat channel setup

Hi Jeff,

I finally got around to setting up hstv3. Nice job. I do have one question at this point. I use both a local channel (off air) and sat channel setups. I have set up both at schedules direct and can download and set either one up but not both at once in hstv. I know on the former hstv that I used two grab files with xmltv to make this work. I tried running the setup twice, once with each of my lineups from schedules direct but was not successful in getting hstv to display both. I checked the database (.mdb) and see that I do not have locals listed in the channels table. Earlier, I had the off air local channels but not the sats. I have not yet found this option on hstv3. How do I go about getting both off air and sat channels integrated into hstv at the same time? I use off air since my reception including hdtv is crystal clear so I don't need sat feeds for these channels.

Followup: I changed my Dish lineup to the local area lineup and that gets me some, but not all, of the local channel information. The problem is that I have locals that Dish does not offer and I get some HD feeds from local channels where Dish provides the analog but not the HD feeds. For example, I receive two different public TV channels and DISH only offers one. These two public channels do not carry the same programming at all times. In addition, the DISH offered public TV station does not simulcast their main feed on their HD prime channel unless the PBS feed itself is HD and I often do not know whether what is listed for that station either in my local paper or from the DISH feed is in HD or not. Thus I do not know whether I can record in HD or must use the VCR approach (My DISH receiver does not have an analog tuner so I can only record DISH feeds or local channel HD feeds). While I can EASILY live with this situation, it would be desirable if I could somehow add a second channel lineup like the prior HSTV could. But, I respect and value your judgment in this regard. I may be in a somewhat unique position in terms of reception and most others may not have my issues. Please take these comments as advisory and not as demanding. If I were in your position (and I have done software development in an earlier life), I would carefully evaluate the effort required to meet the "outliers" needs before I made any changes. HSTV 3.0 as it stands will take care of 98% of all of my needs and I can easily handle the other 2% in other ways. Thanks for all your efforts. I am sure I speak for others when I say that you have provided a nice product on a pro bono basis.

Thanks for all your efforts.

Mark
    Last edited by masman; September 29, 2007, 08:54 PM.

Sorry, I missed this when it was posted.

The ability to import from two different feeds didn't get finished. There was three places that I needed to change for this to work. If I remember right I got 2 of the 3 done before zap2it shut down thier service. I'll try to take a look at it this week to see what needs to be done but I don't have any way of testing right now and it's going to be a while before I can sign up with Schedules Direct.
    --
    Jeff Farmer
    HS 3, HSPhone
    My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
    Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Any progress?
      Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

Comment

The problem is I don't have a source for the data.
        My wife and I made an agreement that my hobbies would not cut into our main budget. I used to do side jobs to earn money for my hobbies.
        Now that I went back to school I haven't had time to do any pay side jobs so my hobby budget is non existent until I am done with school.
        --
        Jeff Farmer
        HS 3, HSPhone
        My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
        Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

By source I assume you mean you havn't a subscription to the listings.

It would seem then, that unless we can raise a source of funds to support HSTV, the project is on hold.

I for one am willing to make a donation to support the cause. I hope others read this and can spare a few shekels as well. I'll contact you privately to arrange something.
          Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

Comment

Working...
          X