Unable to Record

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

masman,
    But even with the settings you have now it would never trigger.

There is no time of A day that is after 3 AM and before 2:45 AM.

To have it run at all times you would need to set it to
    Enable 12:00 AM
    Disable 11:59 PM

Don't think of the times as a toggle. It won't run disable at 2:45 and then run enable at 3 AM. HSTV looks at the time the event would need to run to see if it is between the two entered times.

For example
    Enable time: 6AM
    Disable time: 10PM

If a show starts at 6AM but you have it set to run early by 2 minutes the event time would be 5:58 AM. It would not trigger because 5:58 AM doesn't fall during the allowed times.
    This is setup because you probably don't want a watch event to trigger at 3AM. Not much WAF in that.

So for a Watch item you could enter
    Enable 5PM
    Disable 11PM

for a Record item you could enter
    Enable 12AM

That should trigger at all times. I can't remember if I tested an actual recording with a start time of 12AM. I'm pretty sure I made the condition for enable to be greater than or equal to.
    --
    Jeff Farmer
    HS 3, HSPhone
    My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
    Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

The control screen is not going to show the entire IR string. It is just designed to give a brief overview. So it only shows the Device. The only place that should show the IR string is the HS log when it is triggering HS to send the IR.

I haven't signed up with Schedules Direct and I don't have any IR equipment anymore so it's hard to test this.
      --
      Jeff Farmer
      HS 3, HSPhone
      Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Originally posted by CFGuy View Post
        masman,
        But even with the settings you have now it would never trigger.

There is no time of A day that is after 3 AM and before 2:45 AM.

Don't think of the times as a toggle. It won't run disable at 2:45 and then run enable at 3 AM. HSTV looks at the time the event would need to run to see if it is between the two entered times.
        Thanks, Jeff...now I have it through my thick head. I was thinking of the enable/disable times as bracketing when recording was possible. So I was thinking that if I enabled recording at 3:00 am and disabled it at 2:45 am, the recording process would be disabled at 2:45 am and reinstated at 15 minutes later at 3:00 am in the morning. I was not thinking in terms of when programs are scheduled. Now that I have my thinking focused on program times, I have a recording running even as I write this. All IR to start recording worked fine..Power_On the VCR, change then channel, begin recording.

Mark
        Last edited by masman; October 21, 2007, 10:49 PM.

Comment

Additional recording problems

After resetting the enable/disable recording times properly, I got the recording process to work as I said in a previous post. However, the process does not shut down. I have tried answering both "yes" to "Use an event to stop recording" and "no" to this question. If I answser "no" then the recording process does not occur at all. If I answer "Yes" the recording process starts properly but never shuts down. Suggestions? For a screenshot of my "yes" control setup, please see my Octobder 21 post below. The setup I am using now is the same except for the enable/disable time changes.

Mark
          Last edited by masman; October 23, 2007, 08:22 AM.

Comment

I saw this message in the log from this morning. Any idea what could be causing this? Could it be part of the probem that I can't get any of the "watch" items to work?

10/24/2007 5:32:54 AM HSTV Trigger Expire Date: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Comment

I can't record either

I've been away for a while and discovered version 3 of hstv while trying to troubleshoot a problem with version 2. (turned out to be my xmltv.dtd file was out of date)

Anyway, I can't record with version 3. I've read this thread, but I don't see anything obvious...

First off, I have the disable/enable times set as 12:59 AM and 01:00 AM respectively, which should (I think) allow recording.

My IR is working OK, because I can use the IR page in HS and send commands manually to my VCR.

Thing is, the log puzzles me. I see the following:

<TABLE cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>2007/12/26 18:59:00 </TD><TD class=LOGType0 align=left colSpan=3>HSTV </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 align=left colSpan=8>SELECT DateAdd('n',-(d.padTime),s.starttime) as pTime, s.startTime FROM deviceApp d, userFavs f, scheduledFavs s WHERE d.deviceID = f.deviceID AND f.favID = s.favID AND s.scheduledID = 117 AND DateAdd('n',-(d.padTime),s.starttime) > Now() UNION SELECT DateAdd('n',-(d.padTime),s.starttime) , s.startTime FROM devicePlugin d, userFavs f, scheduledFavs s WHERE d.deviceID = f.deviceID AND f.favID = s.favID AND s.scheduledID = 117 AND DateAdd('n',-(d.padTime),s.starttime) > Now() UNION SELECT DateAdd('n',-(d.padTime),s.starttime) , s.startTime FROM deviceScript d, userFavs f, scheduledFavs s WHERE d.deviceID = f.deviceID AND f.favID = s.favID AND s.scheduledID = 117 AND DateAdd('n',-(d.padTime),s.starttime) > Now() UNION SELECT DateAdd('n',-(d.speakEarly),s.starttime) , s.startTime FROM deviceSpeak d, userFavs f, scheduledFavs s WHERE d.deviceID = f.deviceID AND f.favID = s.favID AND s.scheduledID = 117 AND DateAdd('n',-(d.speakEarly),s.starttime) > Now() UNION SELECT DateAdd('n',-(d.padTime),s.starttime) , s.startTime FROM deviceIR d, userFavs f, scheduledFavs s WHERE d.deviceID = f.deviceID AND f.favID = s.favID AND s.scheduledID = 117 AND DateAdd('n',-(d.padTime),s.starttime) > Now() UNION SELECT DateAdd('n',d.padTime,l.endtime) , l.endTime FROM deviceIR d, userFavs f, scheduledFavs s, tvListings l WHERE d.deviceID = f.deviceID AND f.favID = s.favID AND s.scheduledID = 117 AND s.startTime = l.startTime AND s.channelID = l.channelID AND d.useStopEvent = 1 AND DateAdd('n',d.padTime,l.endtime) > Now() ORDER BY 1</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>2007/12/26 18:59:00 </TD><TD class=LOGType1 align=left colSpan=3>HSTV </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 align=left colSpan=8>SELECT c.channelID, c.channelnumber, c.channelname, c.channelNickName, l.title, l.episode, l.category, l.starttime, l.endtime, l.description, r.rating, r.speakRating FROM tvListings l, tvChannels c, tvRatings r WHERE l.channelID = c.channelID AND l.rating = r.rating AND l.channelID = 'I15098.labs.zap2it.com' AND l.starttime = #2007/12/26 19:00:00#</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>2007/12/26 18:59:00 </TD><TD class=LOGType0 align=left colSpan=3>HSTV </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 align=left colSpan=8>Checking for Scheduled Actions</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Here's the puzzle. The long select looks for 'starttime > now', which well, it isn't. It's equal to now()... so the select fails... I think.

What have I done wrong?? (PS I have padtime = 1 minute)

Comment

Schedule a recording to start in a few minutes and then set the deugging to the highest level. Wait until after the recording should start and check the log. There should be a log entry showing the IR command that hstv is telling HS to send. Make sure you lower the debugging level back down after checking as an import will cause your log to be huge.
                --
                Jeff Farmer
                HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply...

I did as you suggested, and there're no IR commands in the HS log.

It still makes me wonder because the SQL statements say 'start time minus pad time' > NOW in several places, but the SQL is running at 16 seconds past the minute, and the start time is ':00', so the SQL will fail (?) Or am I just very confused...

The log snippit is attached
                  Attached Files

Comment

flirtha, your enable/disable times seem wrong. see earlier posts in this thread for examples of liberal enable/disable times.

Comment

Thanks

I have the times set to DISABLE at 12:59AM and ENABLE at 01:00 AM. I'll try changing to the values earlier in the thread:

Hopefully this fixes it.

PS: Anyone looked at the DATE portion of these fields in Access? Mine currently has disable at #2007/12/31 00:59:00# and enable at #2007/12/31 01:00:00#. I hope the date portion doesn't affect the daily enable/disable times...

EDIT: I made the changes noted above. Here's what the times look like in Access now (attached jpg) I'm not sure these look right. Any comments??
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by firtha; January 3, 2008, 01:28 AM. Reason: Added info

Comment

The code will drop the date when comparing the time.
                        As to the way the dates look, that is normal for Access. Whenever a date time field is midnight Access only shows the date.

I should have caught this earlier. DeLicious is right.

DISABLE at 12:59AM and ENABLE at 01:00 AM

What you are telling hstv, is only run if the show time is on after 1 AM and before 12:59 AM.

The enable/disable is not a toggle. It's a way of setting a window for the run time. The enable must be before the disable.

For example, lets say you have a change channel event. You get home from work at 5:30 PM so no need to change the channel when you aren't home so set the enable time to 5:30 PM. Bedtime is 10 PM so set the disable to 9:50 PM. Now it decides if it needs to run your IR the program start time must be between 5:30 PM and 9:50 PM.
                        If you set the enable to 5 PM and the disable to 1 PM then no show would ever be on after 5 PM and before 1 PM on the day the program runs.
                        If you wanted an event to run every possible time of the day then you would set the enable to 12:00 AM and the disable to 11:59 PM.

Hopefully that make the enable/disable clear.
                        --
                        Jeff Farmer
                        HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

Sigh

Still no joy. For my next experiement, I've changed enable to 6 AM, and disable to 6 PM. If I'm right, it will record at 4:30 PM today.

I'm still concerned that the SQL in the log file has 'starttime > Now()' in many places, but the date on the log file is 15 or 16 seconds PAST the start time of the record event. Wouldn't this make the SELECT fail? Any ideas out there? Obviously I'm misunderstanding something, else everybody would be having problems... Thanks in advance...

Comment

I finally got some data so I'll keep an eye on mine and hopefully have some ideas soon.
                            --
                            Jeff Farmer
                            HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

Some more data...

Out of the blue, HSTV recorded a program today! The only thing that has changed, AFAIK, is that I installed ACRF2 beta... Here's the log file:

Code:

2008/01/04 13:00:01 ~!~HSTV~!~Checking for Scheduled Actions
                              2008/01/04 13:00:16 ~!~HSTV~!~SELECT s.scheduledID, s.favID FROM userFavs u, scheduledFavs s WHERE u.favID = s.favID AND u.repeatType = 0 AND s.starttime < Now()
                              2008/01/04 13:00:16 ~!~HSTV~!~SELECT c.channelID, c.channelnumber, c.channelname, c.channelNickName, l.title, l.episode, l.category, l.starttime, l.endtime, l.description, r.rating, r.speakRating FROM tvListings l, tvChannels c, tvRatings r WHERE l.channelID = c.channelID AND l.rating = r.rating  AND l.channelID = 'I15098.labs.zap2it.com' AND l.starttime = #2008/01/04 13:00:00#
                              2008/01/04 13:00:17 ~!~HSTV~!~Sending IR string: VCR,3,VCR,5,VCR,,,
                              2008/01/04 13:00:18 ~!~HSTV~!~Sending IR string: ,VCR,Record
                              2008/01/04 13:00:18 ~!~HSTV~!~SELECT DateAdd('n',-(d.padTime),s.starttime)  as pTime, s.startTime FROM deviceApp d, userFavs f, scheduledFavs s WHERE d.deviceID = f.deviceID AND f.favID = s.favID AND s.scheduledID = 194 AND DateAdd('n',-(d.padTime),s.starttime)  > Now() UNION SELECT DateAdd('n',-(d.padTime),s.starttime) , s.startTime FROM devicePlugin d, userFavs f, scheduledFavs s WHERE d.deviceID = f.deviceID AND f.favID = s.favID AND s.scheduledID = 194 AND DateAdd('n',-(d.padTime),s.starttime)  > Now() UNION SELECT DateAdd('n',-(d.padTime),s.starttime) , s.startTime FROM deviceScript d, userFavs f, scheduledFavs s WHERE d.deviceID = f.deviceID AND f.favID = s.favID AND s.scheduledID = 194 AND DateAdd('n',-(d.padTime),s.starttime)  > Now() UNION SELECT DateAdd('n',-(d.speakEarly),s.starttime) , s.startTime FROM deviceSpeak d, userFavs f, scheduledFavs s WHERE d.deviceID = f.deviceID AND f.favID = s.favID AND s.scheduledID = 194 AND DateAdd('n',-(d.speakEarly),s.starttime)  > Now() UNION SELECT DateAdd('n',-(d.padTime),s.starttime) , s.startTime FROM deviceIR d, userFavs f, scheduledFavs s WHERE d.deviceID = f.deviceID AND f.favID = s.favID AND s.scheduledID = 194 AND DateAdd('n',-(d.padTime),s.starttime)  > Now() UNION SELECT DateAdd('n',d.padTime,l.endtime) , l.endTime FROM deviceIR d, userFavs f, scheduledFavs s, tvListings l WHERE d.deviceID = f.deviceID AND f.favID = s.favID AND s.scheduledID = 194 AND s.startTime = l.startTime AND s.channelID = l.channelID AND d.useStopEvent = 1 AND DateAdd('n',d.padTime,l.endtime)  > Now() ORDER BY 1
                              2008/01/04 13:00:19 ~!~HSTV~!~SELECT top 1 c.channelID, c.channelNickName, c.channelName, c.channelNumber, s.starttime, l.endtime, l.title, l.episode, l.category, l.description FROM scheduledFavs s, tvListings l, tvChannels c WHERE s.starttime > Now() And s.channelID = l.channelID And s.starttime = l.starttime And l.channelID = c.channelID And s.isActive = 1 ORDER BY s.starttime

Comment

I'm guessing when you installed ACRF2 you had to restart HS which would restart HSTV as well. It shouldn't have mattered for your IR setup, but if it is still working for you, that is the only thing I can think of.
                                --
                                Jeff Farmer
                                HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

Working...
                                X