Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

can't see listings

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • can't see listings

    installed HSTV3, have permissions to Allow for all items for the user, have enabled all channels on schedule direct, run the xmltv setup seemingly successfully.

    however, when i click on "Ch Selector" for the admin user, i get an error in HS:

    Error Select: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

    and when I click on listings button:

    This user has not been given permission to any show ratings. The listings can not be displayed until an admin assigns allowed ratings for **** (user name deleted by me)

  • #2
    bump... another one in this forum got answered, so i was hoping my question could addressed as well please

    Comment


    • #3
      Can you get to the Channel Editor page? The one where you edit the channel nickname, etc.
      --
      Jeff Farmer
      HS 3, HSPhone
      My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
      Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

      Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

      Comment


      • #4
        just to be clear, that's the channel editor on schedules direct? or the channel selector on hstv?

        Comment


        • #5
          i can get to a channel editor page on schedules direct, but nowhere does it let me nickname the channels, just let's me enable and disable the channels i want reported. i have them all enabled for now until i get it working.

          Comment


          • #6
            under Data:Channels, there is no information

            Comment


            • #7
              I seem to have similar problems.

              I've installed everything correctly, except where the wizard has "edit channels" it opens up a page at zap2it. Instead I opened an account at schedules direct but I can't seem to find a place where it actually asks for channels.

              I seem to not be getting anything over from xmltv to my HS.
              jjsmd@yahoo.com

              Comment


              • #8
                In the install wizard just go on past the zap2it page and continue on. There won't be any channels until you have run a download and import. During the import, the channels table will be populated with the data. You can also open the database and look in the channels table to confirm if any have been imported.
                --
                Jeff Farmer
                HS 3, HSPhone
                My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
                Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

                Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

                Comment


                • #9
                  so i went into the listings folder, and there were no xml files created by xmltv. i ran the xmltv executable manually according to the command logged by HSTV in the HS log, and xmltv complained about multiple mappings for channels provided by my cable provider. so i modified schedules direct lineup to not have any multiple mappings, and manually running the command results in what looks to be an appropriate xml file. however, this file gets deleted when i try an import for the day, and when the same command is run in an automated manner from the import screen, no xml file is created.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    turns out my problems was due to the fact that i was not storing my password in the unencrypted file during the setup of xmltv. it was working during the manual run because i was entering my password, but during the automated run, i guess it was sending a null password. as soon as i allowed xmltv to store my password in its config file, things work okay. this should be made clear in help somewhere, as i don't recall seeing it during the installation process.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X