Feature Request

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feature Request

This is a great program and I feel a little silly asking but.... I've been struggling with the user rights and being able to easily switch between them so that I could setup a menu for my wife and myself on the same network pc.

Would it be possible to switch users from with in HSTV?

The programing my wife watches is different then mine but we have different viewing times and use the same airpanel controller and TV. Maybe I just need someone to explain how exactly to set up the HS user rights for two people. I cannot seem to log out and log in as the other user I set up. I spent a couple of hours last night and could'nt get it. I had to re-install the HSTV program because somehow I hosed it while tring to get the users to change. Just having the ability to filter out channels may be all that I would need.
    John

From the admin pages you can set which channels each user has access to. You also set what rating each user can see.

Then you can logout of HS by clicking the logout button. You will get the prompt to enter a user name. Enter the user you want to switch to and their password. Then go to the main HS page and it should have you logged in as the new user. Go to the HSTV CH Selector and select the channels.
    Or if your wife uses a different computer then go to that computer and select the channels.
    --
    Jeff Farmer
    HS 3, HSPhone
    My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
    Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Originally posted by johnnybwis View Post
      Would it be possible to switch users from with in HSTV?
      Its not really possible to do this because the HS web engine controls the user stuff.
      --
      Jeff Farmer
      HS 3, HSPhone
      My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
      Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Working...
      X