HSTV import error messages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Try this:

1. I created an event to shut down Homeseer.

2. I downloaded this freeware ( Thanks Neil) http://www.snapfiles.com/get/startdelay.html

This allows me to delay the startup of Homeseer by as long as I want, to be safe I use 3 minutes.

3. Then I have in Start Delay startup Access to only compact the HSTV database which takes about 1 minute well within the 3 minutes to start up Homeseer.

4. Homeseer will then startup with the HSTV database compacted to a normal size.

5. Created an event to Import the data files and now I don't get the error message. (The event was already created by Jeff)

Hope this will help other people out with HSTV problem of not compacting the database.

Comment

I'm at the point that HS doesn't hang up daily anymore when doing the import, but I still have some nagging errors:

<TABLE id=FilterGridView style="BORDER-RIGHT: 0px; BORDER-TOP: 0px; BORDER-LEFT: 0px; BORDER-BOTTOM: 0px" cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=0 rules=all border=0><TBODY><TR class=tablerowodd><TD>7/2/2008 9:19:04 AM</TD><TD>HSTV</TD><TD>Error Query: SELECT top 1 c.channelID, c.channelNickName, c.channelName, c.channelNumber, s.starttime, l.endtime, l.title, l.episode, l.category, l.description FROM scheduledFavs s, tvListings l, tvChannels c WHERE s.starttime > Now() And s.channelID = l.channelID And s.starttime = l.starttime And l.channelID = c.channelID And s.isActive = 1 ORDER BY s.starttime</TD></TR><TR class=tableroweven><TD>7/2/2008 9:19:04 AM</TD><TD>HSTV</TD><TD>Error Select Query: Operation is not allowed when the object is open.</TD></TR><TR class=tablerowodd><TD>7/2/2008 9:19:05 AM</TD><TD>HSTV</TD><TD>Error Query: SELECT c.channelID, c.channelName, l.starttime, l.endtime FROM tvListings l, tvChannels c WHERE l.channelID = c.channelID ORDER BY l.channelID, l.starttime</TD></TR><TR class=tableroweven><TD>7/2/2008 9:19:05 AM</TD><TD>HSTV</TD><TD>Error Select Query: Operation is not allowed when the object is closed.</TD></TR><TR class=tablerowodd><TD>7/2/2008 9:19:05 A

</TD><TD>HSTV</TD><TD>Error Check Listings: Operation is not allowed when the object is closed.</TD></TR><TR class=tableroweven><TD>7/2/2008 9:19:24 AM</TD><TD>HSTV</TD><TD>Error Import Cleanup: String cannot be of zero length.ch Parameter name: oldValue</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

The last error here occurs daily and I think is the one responsible for my HSTV Status device always saying "Deleting old records". It's been this way for months.
      The remaining errors don't occur daily, but with a great deal of frequency.
      My database is compacted by Access on each system restart, which due to my intevention for other reasons, occurs at least once a day.

I'd sure like to clear these up. Perhaps a reinstall of the whole package might help, but I've lost the original files.

I should mention too, that the old XML files aren't being deleted, probably due to the last error mentioned here.

And, it just occurred to me that the HSTV Set Device Strings event was scheduled to run about the same time the import would occur and might account for the "open and closed database" errors. I've rescheduled this event so we'll see.
      Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

Comment

Working...
      X