Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you guys use to record when using HSTV?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you guys use to record when using HSTV?

For those of you who use HSTV to record TV shows what do you record to? Do you still use VCR's or are you doing any digital recording?
    -Rupp
    sigpic

I'm not using HSTV here but instead a program named GBPVR (Free btw). It records my wifes soaps, a movie here and there or whatever we see that strikes our fancy. It works very well for us, we've been using it for almost 3 years. It uses Hauppauge WinTVpvr USB TV Card to do the TV chores and records them to hard drive. We use a few Hauppauge MVP's to stream audio/video to modulators so we can choose what to view on any TV.
    Marty
    ------
    XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2
    Playing with HS3 a bit but it's just play at this point.

Comment

Back when I had an IR setup, I was using HSTV to record on my Dish Network DVR. Programs that I knew I wanted recorded I would just program into the DVR myself. Weekly things like LOST, Survivor, etc.

I used HSTV to search the listings each night to find certain movies and then let it control the DVR to record them. For example, my wife likes John Wayne movies so I set HSTV to find any movie with John Wayne in it. That way I didn't have to search for them and program the DVR.
      --
      Jeff Farmer
      HS 3, HSPhone
      My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
      Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Working...
      X