Houston We Have A Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Houston We Have A Problem

I'm getting his message (,6 virtual device) after an attempt at a fresh install of HSTV3 for HS 2. I tried (really tried!) to follow instructions carefully but I suspect that I messed something up. For one thing I'm not sure I have the Schedules Direct setup right (perhaps among other things) since I went thru the xmltv install and when I tried to do Channel Selection thru Wizard, I kept getting sent to Zap2It website. Never did get to Schedules Direct even though I have account there. So, maybe the best things is to start over by uninstalling (manually, I guess) all traces of HSTV3, but I'd rather not start there if you can suggest something else I might look into. Thanks.

Make sure you have upgraded to the newest xmltv.
    Then run the event to download the xml files.
    Make sure you are getting valid xml files.

You won't be able to get to the channel editor in HSTV until the import has run the first time. This is when the channels are loaded from the xml files.
    --
    Jeff Farmer
    HS 3, HSPhone
    My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
    Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Thanks. Turns out I had the setup right but didn't realize that I was running old xmltv from my Homeseer directory instead of the newer Homeseer 2 directory where everything had the latest xmltv (the one that access Schedules Direct).

Anyway, I did all that and I think I got the xml files successfully as indicated below:

2/11/2008 7:52:39 PM - HSTV - Data Import: Downloading XML files.
      2/11/2008 7:52:39 PM - HSTV - Running xmltv.exe --days 1 --offset 0 --output "C:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\data\hstv\listings\20080211.xml
      2/11/2008 7:52:40 PM - HSTV - Running xmltv.exe --days 1 --offset 1 --output "C:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\data\hstv\listings\20080212.xml
      2/11/2008 7:52:40 PM - HSTV - Running xmltv.exe --days 1 --offset 2 --output "C:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\data\hstv\listings\20080213.xml
      2/11/2008 7:53:52 PM - HSTV - GenPage: name: pg = value: admin
      2/11/2008 7:53:52 PM - HSTV - SELECT optionName, optionValue FROM userOptions WHERE userID = 'hcooper' AND optionName IN ('intUsePopup','intShowRecord','intShowRemind','intShowWatch ','intShowRepeats','showMenuTop','showMenuBottom')
      2/11/2008 7:53:52 PM - HSTV - HSTV has finished setting up user settings.

Now, I'm not sure where to go for the Channel Editor. When I try HSTV Admin it takes me thru setup wizard. Selecting the "Edit Channels" link there just takes me to the Zap2It website (www.zap2it.com) which isn't what I was expecting as a channel editor. There must be something I'm still missing in the procedure. I'll go back and retrace my steps to see. Meanwhile, if you see anything wrong with above, please advise else give me a "hint". Thanks!

Comment

Okay, I ran the Import All and noticed that the imported was over too quick. Message said that "Listings import took less than one minute." which can't be right given all the data. I think I must be missing the channel select?

Comment

ANy suggestions or pointers on what I might be missing? I can see that there are no channels but all indications (to me) seem that the download worked. What might I look for that will give me a clue as to what I've done wrong?

Thanks in advance for your response.

Comment

First thing is look in the data\HSTV\listings directory.
            If there are any xml files there delete them.
            Depending on how HSTV is set, it won't overwrite them so if there are any there it could keep the new ones from getting downloaded.
            Next, run the download event. You can watch the listings directory to make sure the xml files are being created. Keep in mind if you have a lot of channels selected at Schedules Direct it can take a copule of minutes for the first xml file to show up. Also depends on your Internet connection. Once the virtual device says the download is done, look at the xml files. Open one in notepad. If there is data there then you are ready to go to the next step. If not, then you need to see how things are setup at schedules direct.

Once you have valid xml files, make sure there is a xmltv.dtd file in the listings directory. This has to be the newest one which should have come when you installed the newest xmltv. If in doubt, please replace it. This file tells the XML object how to read the xml files.
            Once you have confirmed the xml files and the dtd file, then run the import event. You should see the virtual device update as it moves through the channels and the dates.
            --
            Jeff Farmer
            HS 3, HSPhone
            Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Thanks for the reply. The problem might be a little more basic since when I run the download event, I get error message and no download. Here's the log:

2/14/2008 7:21:14 PM - Startup - Start up complete.
              2/14/2008 7:21:18 PM - HSTV - HSTV has finished setting up user access.
              2/14/2008 7:21:18 PM - HSTV - HSTV has finished setting up user settings.
              2/14/2008 7:23:35 PM - Info - Event Trigger "HSTV Download XML Files"
              2/14/2008 7:23:35 PM - Info - Running script statement immediately: &hs.Plugin("HSTV").dataDownload()
              2/14/2008 7:23:35 PM - Error - Running script, init error: Object variable or With block variable not set.

I hope you can suggest something for me to try from what little info there is above. I thought I had setup okay. But, maybe not?

Comment

Try this first.

Go to the HSTV admin page and set the debug level to the highest and then try the download event again.
                After it errors set the debug level back to the middle setting. Then cut and paste the log messages here.
                --
                Jeff Farmer
                HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

okay. Here it is:

2/15/2008 6:04:00 PM - HSTV - Checking for Scheduled Actions
                  2/15/2008 6:04:00 PM - HSTV - SELECT top 1 c.channelID, c.channelNickName, c.channelName, c.channelNumber, s.starttime, l.endtime, l.title, l.episode, l.category, l.description FROM scheduledFavs s, tvListings l, tvChannels c WHERE s.starttime > Now() And s.channelID = l.channelID And s.starttime = l.starttime And l.channelID = c.channelID And s.isActive = 1 ORDER BY s.starttime
                  2/15/2008 6:04:16 PM - Info - Event Trigger "HSTV Download XML Files"
                  2/15/2008 6:04:16 PM - Info - Running script statement immediately: &hs.Plugin("HSTV").dataDownload()
                  2/15/2008 6:04:17 PM - Error - Running script, init error: Object variable or With block variable not set.
                  2/15/2008 6:04:56 PM - HSTV - GenPage: name: pg = value: admin
                  2/15/2008 6:04:56 PM - HSTV - SELECT UserID FROM userOptions WHERE OptionName = 'pgprivtvadmin' AND OptionValue = '1'
                  2/15/2008 6:05:00 PM - HSTV - Checking for Scheduled Actions
                  2/15/2008 6:05:06 PM - HSTV - PagePut: name: debug1 = value:1
                  2/15/2008 6:05:06 PM - HSTV - PagePut: name: playQuote = value:0
                  2/15/2008 6:05:06 PM - HSTV - PagePut: name: showSQLSvr = value:0
                  2/15/2008 6:05:06 PM - HSTV - PagePut: name: defuser = value:hcooper
                  2/15/2008 6:05:06 PM - HSTV - PagePut: name: dbtype1 = value:Access
                  2/15/2008 6:05:06 PM - HSTV - PagePut: name: dbname1 = value:Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=C:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\data\hstv\hstv.mdb
                  2/15/2008 6:05:06 PM - HSTV - PagePut: name: numdayshistory1 = value:0
                  2/15/2008 6:05:06 PM - HSTV - PagePut: name: numdaysevents1 = value:3
                  2/15/2008 6:05:06 PM - HSTV - PagePut: name: useVR = value:0
                  2/15/2008 6:05:06 PM - HSTV - PagePut: name: SaveAdmGeneral = value:Save
                  2/15/2008 6:05:06 PM - HSTV - PagePut: name: ref_page = value:hstv

Thanks for your help.

Comment

In the admin section there is a tab under integration that is labeled XMLTV.
                    Look for Enter the path to the XMLTV.exe file
                    Make sure that is the correct path to where you have the newest XMLTV installed.
                    There is also a button on that page labeled "XMLTV Configure"
                    You should be able to click that button and run the XMLTV config dos window if XMLTV is setup in the correct directory. Keep in mind the dos window will only show up on the HomeSeer server. You can't run that from a browser.
                    --
                    Jeff Farmer
                    HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

The path is C:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\data\hstv\xmltv\ (which is correct).
                      I have the latest version of xmltv installed (0.5.50). The DOS window opens with the usual prompts for confirming timezone, login to Schedules Direct, prompt for which of the two lineups to use at Schedules Direct, and then the ###... as the config completes. Window then closes, very quickly. So, all that would seem to be okay.

Comment

Look in the xmltv.conf file and make sure the password is in the file.
                        --
                        Jeff Farmer
                        HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

It's there along with userid, etc. Also, so is the list of channels.

Comment

Did you open one of the xml files in notepad and make sure it actually has valid data?
                            --
                            Jeff Farmer
                            HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

There are no xml files in the \data\hstv\listings directory. There is on the hstvicon file and the xmltv.dtd file. One thing I did note, that may be relevant (?) is that in the \data\hstv\xmltv directory there is a .xmltv directory containing a tv_grab_na_dd.conf file that has everything in it correctly including the password. Also in the \data\hstv\xmltv directory is a tv_grab_na_dd.conf file with an older date that does not contain password but everything else in it looks okay.

Comment

Working...
                              X