No announcement yet.

Houston We Have A Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Open a DOS prompt and navigate to the xmltv directory.

Enter this at a command line:

xmltv.exe tv_grab_na_dd --days 1 --offset 0 --output "C:\HomeSeer\data\hstv\listings\tv_grab_na_dd20080216.xm l

Make sure you change the pathway for the xml file to match your actual pathway.

If xmltv is erroring, you will be able to see the error message becuase the dos window won't close when the error happens.
    --
    Jeff Farmer
    HS 3, HSPhone
    My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
    Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

That helped. The error message occurs as xmltv is trying to write the file to the listings file. The Error is:

1: No such file or directory at /PerlApp/grab/na_dd/tv_grab_na_dd line 1168
      Last edited by hec1152; February 17, 2008, 09:09 AM.

Comment

Where is your HomeSeer installed?

Mine is C:\HomeSeer\

If yours is different then you need to change the pathway in the xml file output path.
        --
        Jeff Farmer
        HS 3, HSPhone
        Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Also make sure you add a quote at the end.

xmltv.exe tv_grab_na_dd --days 1 --offset 0 --output "C:\HomeSeer\data\hstv\listings\tv_grab_na_dd20080216.xm l"
          --
          Jeff Farmer
          HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

My HomeSeer directory is c:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\. I ran the xmltv command again making sure that the path was set to Homeseer 2. Just to be specific the command I ran was:

xmltv.exe tv_grab_na_dd --days 1 --offset 0 --output "C:\HomeSeer 2\data\hstv\listings\tv_grab_na_dd20080216.xml". The error message is:

ERROR: cannot write to C:\HomeSeer 2\data\hstv\listings\tv_grab_na_dd20080216.xml
            Last edited by hec1152; February 17, 2008, 02:53 PM.

Comment

Hang on. I just noticed something.
              --
              Jeff Farmer
              HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

Originally posted by hec1152 View Post
                My HomeSeer directory is c:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\. I ran the xmltv command again making sure that the path was set to Homeseer 2. Just to be specific the command I ran was:

xmltv.exe tv_grab_na_dd --days 1 --offset 0 --output "C:\HomeSeer 2\data\hstv\listings\tv_grab_na_dd20080216.xml". The error message is:

ERROR: cannot write to C:\HomeSeer 2\data\hstv\listings\tv_grab_na_dd20080216.xml
                You have to change the pathway for the output to match your install directory.
                Since you are installed in c:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\

The output would be:

xmltv.exe tv_grab_na_dd --days 1 --offset 0 --output "C:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\data\hstv\listings\tv_grab_na_dd20080216.xml"

Run that at the DOS prompt.
                --
                Jeff Farmer
                HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

Ah-ha! That worked. Or at least it produced the tv_grab_na_dd20080216.xml file in the listings directory. And, the file has all the channels in it. Looks like it should, I believe.

So, I tried to run the HSTV Import Data event. Got this in the log:

2/17/2008 8:01:45 PM - Info - Event Trigger "HSTV Import Data"
                  2/17/2008 8:01:45 PM - Info - Running script statement immediately: &hs.Plugin("HSTV").dataInsert()
                  2/17/2008 8:01:45 PM - Error - Running script, init error: Object variable or With block variable not set.

Then, just to see, I tried running the HSTV Download XML Files event. Got this in the log:

2/17/2008 8:04:43 PM - Info - Event Trigger "HSTV Download XML Files"
                  2/17/2008 8:04:43 PM - Info - Running script statement immediately: &hs.Plugin("HSTV").dataDownload()
                  2/17/2008 8:04:43 PM - Error - Running script, init error: Object variable or With block variable not set.

So, there's something else I'm missing. Maybe another setup issue?

BTW - thanks for hanging in there with me and working so closely on this. I feel like we must be getting close (I hope).

Comment

Can you paste in an image of the way you have the xmltv options page setup in HSTV admin?
                    --
                    Jeff Farmer
                    HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

Also check the directories for the correct files.

HomeSeer/data/hstv/
                      hstv.mdb

HomeSeer/data/hstv/listings/
                      xmltv.dtd

HomeSeer/data/hstv/xmltv/ (This is the directory that xmltv should be installed in)
                      xmltv.exe

HomeSeer/data/hstv/xmltv/.xmltv
                      tv_grab_na_dd.conf

There can be other files in the directories but the above listed ones must be there.

Just to be sure, look at the HomeSeer Interfaces Setup, and make sure that HSTV is enabled.
                      --
                      Jeff Farmer
                      HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

I did check for all the files you listed including that hstv is enabled. All files are there and where they should be (HomeSeer 2 in my case instead of HomeSeer). I also tried running the xmltv download via dos box for each of the next three days and all worked okay. So, now I have 4 xml files in listings directory 2/16 thru 2/20. All look okay content wise. Just can't do that via the HSTV Download event.
                        Last edited by hec1152; February 17, 2008, 09:02 PM.

Comment

Okay, Finally I got an image that I can attach, I hope. Sorry to be so long.
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by hec1152; February 17, 2008, 08:57 PM. Reason: correctoin

Comment

I tried reinstall per our discussion. Still something wrong as now I get these messages:

2/18/2008 8:23:37 PM - HSTV - tv_grab_na_dd20080218.xml already exists. Skipping download.
                            2/18/2008 8:23:37 PM - HSTV - tv_grab_na_dd20080219.xml already exists. Skipping download.
                            2/18/2008 8:23:37 PM - HSTV - tv_grab_na_dd20080220.xml already exists. Skipping download.
                            2/18/2008 8:23:37 PM - HSTV - Running xmltv.exe tv_grab_na_dd --dd-data "C:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\data\hstv\ddmessages.xml " --list-lineups
                            2/18/2008 8:23:50 PM - HSTV - Your subscription will expire: 2008-06-19
                            2/18/2008 8:23:50 PM - HSTV - Trigger Expire Date: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

I'm not confident that I did install correctly. So, what I'd like to try is a complete wipe out of HSTV and then a reinstall from scratch as if it never was there. I'll walk thru instructions very carefully. Hopefully an install to a fresh system w/o any prior trace of HSTV will work since it should be like everyone else's (unless there's something wierd about my system).

Can you point me to COMPLETE instructions for deleting all traces of HSTV? I want to ensure that when I'm done, the system will be as it was before I installed HSTV the first time. Then I'll start again and post with result.

Comment

Deactivate the plugin.

Delete directory homeseer/data/hstv

Delete homeseer/hspi_hstv.dll

Delete homeseer/config/hspi_hstv.ini

You can just leave the image files.
                              --
                              Jeff Farmer
                              HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

I've been away from my hobbies for a while. However, just to update on current progress. After complete uninstall and wipe of all HSTV related files, I ran install again from beginning. The install wizard took me thru everything fine. On devices listing I can now invoke download and import functions with messages in device indicating that everything works. Also, I can go into my channels and prune them down as I should. But, I can't get to the TV listings. I get this message on the Listings webpage:

This user has not been given permission to any show ratings. The listings can not be displayed until an admin assigns allowed ratings for hcooper

During install wizard step I did set all permissions to Allow, I thought so I'm not sure why I'm getting this. Can't seem to find a way to correct from any of the setup/admin pages. Now that I got this far it would be nice to be able to see listings

Comment

Working...
                                X