• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've the same problem...

here is my posting: http://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=123564

Comment

Originally posted by hec1152 View Post
      I've been away from my hobbies for a while. However, just to update on current progress. After complete uninstall and wipe of all HSTV related files, I ran install again from beginning. The install wizard took me thru everything fine. On devices listing I can now invoke download and import functions with messages in device indicating that everything works. Also, I can go into my channels and prune them down as I should. But, I can't get to the TV listings. I get this message on the Listings webpage:

This user has not been given permission to any show ratings. The listings can not be displayed until an admin assigns allowed ratings for hcooper

During install wizard step I did set all permissions to Allow, I thought so I'm not sure why I'm getting this. Can't seem to find a way to correct from any of the setup/admin pages. Now that I got this far it would be nice to be able to see listings

Go into the HomeSeer setup and on the Web Users page make sure you have the option "Allow Scripts and Plug-Ins Access to the User List" set to Yes.
      HSTV needs to be able to see the user list so it knows who is logged in. It reads the list and uses the same users for the HSTV users.

Next go into HSTV admin, click on the Users button. Click the radio button in front of your user name. Then click Edit. Next click Ratings.
      Set all ratings to allow. Even if you don't change anything, go ahead and click Save. This will save the settings to the database. If the user existed before HSTV was installed then the data won't be in the database until the Save button is clicked once for that user. This sets the ratings that the user is allowed to see.

Next click on Data, then on Ratings. This is the global level to set the ratings info. Fill out the info and click Save. Even if you don't change anything click Save. If you don't want to hide any ratings then select No in the dropdown for Hide. The Speak Rating field is so you can "help" HSTV know how to say the ratings. Ex. Put TV Pee Gee in the speak rating field for TV-PG. Otherwise, HSTV will speak it as "This program is rated TV Peg."

Again, make sure you click the Save button on both pages, even if you don't change anything.
      --
      Jeff Farmer
      HS 3, HSPhone
      My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
      Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

hstv 3

most of the problem with seting up hstv is in the xmltv.the first thing to do is to set the computer time zone for your area,my timezone is (-0500).download the newest xmltv file,version 0.5.51.0,edit the xmltv in the dos window,check the timezone it should be the same as the computer,type in user name, it enter,type in password, it enter,this is were it become trickey,you may not see the password but still type it in,the password will be save in the xmltv folder in (tv_grab_na_dd.conf) file,chick it out ,an make shore the user name,password,timezone,an a list of tv channel is there.exit the xmltv, exit an finish the hstv setup.if the xmltv is right the rating an permision will be there for you to edit an setup.run the hstv importer, the importer will run 3 event so this will take time,check the hs log.the tv listing is bit trickey to get,just click on the (go) butten ,the list will show up when it feel like
        good luck

Comment

CFGuy, thanks for the instructions. They worked and now everything seems to be working as it should. I'm looking forward to using HSTV again after being away from it while I moved up to HS 2.

One thing that I've noticed that is kinda annoying is that in the system tray when HS 2 is minimized, I notice that every few seconds there's a message bubble popup that says "Adding c:\Program FIles\HomeSeer 2\html\Images\hstv\xxxxxx.BMP Size 1210" where xxxxxx is the name of one of the bmp's in the directory above. It's been going on for a couple of hours now and I can't tell if there's any sequence to the order of the messages except that they might be in alphabetical order. Since the have HSTV set to low level logging, there's nothing in the log corresponding to these. What should I do to shut them off? (P.S. I only have a few of my channels in the lineup referencing the logos and they seem ok in the grid and listings.)

Comment

That isn't something that HSTV is doing. You might check with HS support and see if that is something with HS adding the files to it's memory. I don't see that happen here but I don't have HS set to send log messages to the speaker app.
            --
            Jeff Farmer
            HS 3, HSPhone
            Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

I restarted HS and the problem went away. So all is well. Thanks for helping me thru all this. For me this is now closed.
              Last edited by hec1152; March 4, 2008, 07:20 PM. Reason: wordsmanship

Comment

I followed your guide to the point where I press ratings. Then nothing comes up.

I believe we do not use ratings in Norway, can that be the problem?

Comment

Yeah, that would be a problem.
                  But you should be able to get around it by opening the database and adding a record to the tvRatings table.
                  Field - Value to add
                  rating - NR
                  hideRating - 0
                  sortOrder - 1
                  speakRating -

Then after the record is in the table, go to the ratings page and select the NR as default. The next time the import runs, it will set all the listings to NR.
                  Then go through the instructions for selecting ratings. After you have it working you can go to the user options and set the rating to not be displayed.

I've added to my to do list to add the rating record automatically if there are zero, but for now you can add it manually.
                  --
                  Jeff Farmer
                  HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

Working...
                  X