Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HSTV Version 2

HSTV Version 2.0

HSTV is a collection of scripts and asp webpage’s that enhance your TV viewing.
    HSTV uses either an Access or SQL Server database.

WebPages:
    TV Listings - Viewing a grid of program listings with the ability to setup Remind, Watch or Record events.
    TV Display - A separate page that displays the listings in a large font for display on a TV.
    Category List - Select a program category and view up to the next 100 programs in that category.
    Search - Search for programs.
    Scheduled - A list of programs that are already scheduled as Remind, Watch or Record events.
    Grid Selector - Select the channels to be displayed in the listings.
    User Options - Lots of options to customize the listings.
    Events - Manage your repeating Remind, Watch or Record events.
    Admin - Setup HSTV preferences via the web.

VR Scripts
    Several scripts allowing the use of VR to have HomeSeer speak information about the tv programs.
    For example you can find out if any westerns are on. Even tell HSTV to record a program and HSTV will send the IR commands to change to the correct channel and start recording.

Requirements
    HomeSeer 1.6.91 or later.
    Record and Watch events require IR hardware that can be controlled by HomeSeer.
    Internet connection. Broadband is highly recommended.

HSTV - Coming soon to an updater near you.

Jeff Farmer
    HomeSeer user since March, 2000

[This message was edited by CFGuy on Wed, 25 June 2003 at 07:17 AM.]

[This message was edited by CFGuy on Sun, 06 July 2003 at 06:47 PM.]
    --
    Jeff Farmer
    HS 3, HSPhone
    My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
    Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

I used the Updater and installed HSTV 2.0
    It seemed to go smoothly.

I then setup the ODBC to point to C:\Program Files\HomeSeer\data\hstv\hstv.mdb

I told the TVadmin spage to reload today's listings: several cmd windows opened and closed about 20 secs later.

No listings... and no HS log messages

The windows flash too fast for me to read but there is an error on it... how can we get that error message?

visit www.TekRecycle.com for all the best in electronics, photo, and other supplies

Comment

The 2.0 package stores its listing info down in the data subdirectory (homeseer\data\hstv\listings. The 1.x packages used homeseer\tools\xmltv\listings, so I think your "re"loading of the date might be a problem as the new asp's will look in the new location for their info.

I grabbed the 2.0 this morning, did the command line setup, then was able to downloadmulti and importmulti without a problem (note change of event names in 2.0).

Just a thought...

Also there is a fairly complete MS Word doc for the installation but look for a new 'docs' folder in your main homeseer directory (not the already existing 'doc' folder.)

Comment

Look in hstv.doc for how to setup xmltv. It sounds like the setup has a problem which causes the dos windows to just close down.

Jeff Farmer

--
        Jeff Farmer
        HS 3, HSPhone
        Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Looks really great! Followed the instructions in your docs.

One note you may want to add for existing ver. 1.x users is to change the following entries on the hstvadmin page:

"Name For The Download Event" to HSTVDownloadMulti
          and
          "Name For The Import Event" to HSTVImportMulti

other than that, things look great.

Thanks for the REALLY great plugin . . .

BTW, how much $ will it be for release?

(any discount for original beta testers?? )

Comment

Cxl99,
            Thanks for the catch on the admin page.

As to price, undecided. We are waiting on a more consistant source for the data. Until then, we will just stay in beta. There is a company that will be offering a service that provides the listings data. Legally and consistantly. I'm under a nda, but they should be ready to go sometime this summer. The problem with xmltv is that all it takes to make it stop working is for the website to make a change to the webpages that xmltv is grabbing the data from.

As to the discount for beta testers. Yes. There will be a discount for those who have provided feedback and helped with the testing.

Jeff Farmer

--
            Jeff Farmer
            HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

Working...
            X