Remind not reminding 15 minutes before show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remind not reminding 15 minutes before show

Not sure if this is a bug, but it appears that the voice reminders for shows are not reminding the configured 15 minutes before the show... It speaks when the show starts.

The "How Many Minutes Before Show Starts To Remind" configuration option is set to 15 minutes.

Minor - no big deal..
    HomeSeer 2, HomeSeer 3, Allonis myServer, Amazon Alexa Dots, ELK M1G, ISY 994i, HomeKit, BlueIris, and 6 "4k" Cameras using NVR, and integration between all of these systems. Home Automation since 1980.

There are two places to add reminder events.

By Reminder Icon
    On the web pages

By Event for Repating Reminders
    You can edit reminders that will be repeating and after the import each night the repeating reminders will search the listings to add any new reminders.

Which of the two is not adding the 15 minutes.

Jeff Farmer
    HomeSeer user since March, 2000

--
    Jeff Farmer
    HS 3, HSPhone
    My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
    Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

I have several "remind events". HSTV speaks the reminder when the show starts, not 15 minutes before as it is configured.

Maybe I am misunderstanding... Are reminders supposed to "remind" when the show starts or 15 minutes (whatever the configured value is) before the show starts.

PS:
      Whats the difference between "remind" and "watch" events?
      HomeSeer 2, HomeSeer 3, Allonis myServer, Amazon Alexa Dots, ELK M1G, ISY 994i, HomeKit, BlueIris, and 6 "4k" Cameras using NVR, and integration between all of these systems. Home Automation since 1980.

Comment

Remind vs Watch
        Remind - Speak early and remind you that a particular program will be on.
        Watch - Speak at the time a show is coming on and if you have an IR device that HomeSeer can control, it will change the channel for you.

The values on the Admin page are defaults. For example, when you click on an icon on the grid page, you get a page that has the values filled in matching the defaults. But you can change them as needed.

If you enter a repeating event through the editor, when you click add, you get a page that uses the defaults to pre fill the page. But you can change them.
        Go to the HSTV event editor (hstveventedit.asp) and look under the column Speak Early. If you have a 0, then edit the event to have the amount of time early that you want.
        The speak early time is only for Reminders though.
        Watch and Record will ignore the speak early.

Jeff Farmer

--
        Jeff Farmer
        HS 3, HSPhone
        Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Good, I did understand Reminders and Watch events.

In HSTV Admin, the "How Many Minutes Before Show Starts To Remind" setting is set to 15. That should mean that the remind event should kick off 15 minutes before the show, right? It kicks off when the show starts, not 15 minutes before. No big deal - could it be another minor bug?

I have created the reminder events throught the Events/Add Event interface. Maybe the issue is during parsing of the event add web form?

[This message was edited by Krumpy on Sun, 29 June 2003 at 09:28 AM.]

Comment

Jeff,

I figured it out. The Event/Add Event form does not have the "remind minutes" entry field on it. I have gone back into Events and added (value currently was set to 0") and added 15 minutes.

Could you add a "Remind Minutes Prior" field in the Event/Add event form or could you pull the value from HSTV ADMIN "remind prior minutes" setting.

Comment

Yes, I will add the reminder minutes to the form and have it prefilled with the number from the admin page.

Jeff Farmer

--
              Jeff Farmer
              HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

Working...
              X