Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Change grid/font size to fit smaller screens?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Change grid/font size to fit smaller screens?

I would like to use this on a smaller screen, like 640x480 or a bit smaller. How can I change the font size and the grid size to display easier on smaller screen resolutions?

Jeff,
    Can you add font size variables to Useer Options for the different grid fonts?

thanks

--
    Aaron

visit www.TekRecycle.com for all the best in electronics, photo, and other supplies

you can change the font size in the tvlistings.css file. Found in the homeseer\html\tvlistings folder.

Tom

Comment

I too have this request.

If anyone gets this working, I would appreciate if the style sheet could be shared.
      HomeSeer 2, HomeSeer 3, Allonis myServer, Amazon Alexa Dots, ELK M1G, ISY 994i, HomeKit, BlueIris, and 6 "4k" Cameras using NVR, and integration between all of these systems. Home Automation since 1980.

Comment

One thing you can do to make the page display smaller is change the number of hours wide the grid is. I started out at 3 hours but switched to 2 hours so it fit better in the display size I was running.

Also if you look at the style sheet you will see several styles.

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">
        .tvscifi
        {
        background: #7882FA;
        color: Navy;
        border: thin solid black;
        }
        </pre>

Each program in the grid gets a style that is the category with the letters tv in front.

action shows .tvaction

To make the text smaller just add to the style.
        .tvscifi
        {
        background: #7882FA;
        color: Navy;
        border: thin solid black;
        font-size: 10px;
        }
        </pre>

You can change the 10 until you get the text to the size you desire.
        Changet the style
        .tvshow to change the size of the Program titles.

Jeff Farmer
        HomeSeer user since March, 2000

--
        Jeff Farmer
        HS 3, HSPhone
        My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
        Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Jeff,
          Can you assist with making us a "scaled down" page for small screens?

My thought is:
          Make a "new" asp page that follows a different CSS. I was playing around with making hstvgrid_sm.asp (copy of the hstvgrid.asp) and hstv_sm.css (copy of tvlistings.css)

I changed all the fonts to be smaller but I cannot find where to make the description text smaller?

I have attached my code thus far. I think this is the way to go.

Also, I'd like to remove the custom header at the top but I cannot figure out how to without removing the entire page formatting... IE, if I comment out <%=CustomHeader[arrTemp)%> then the formatting goes bye bye.
          I'd also like to remove the table row where is states "TV Listings" and, if possible, place some of the HSTV menu options on the same table row, next to the time/day drop downs, to conserve space.

What do you guys think?

--
          Aaron

visit www.TekRecycle.com for all the best in electronics, photo, and other supplies
          Attached Files

Comment

Tek, rather than changing the grid page, it might be better to change the tvdisplay page.
            Currently the tvdisplay page uses large fonts and setting so it can be displayed on a tv screen.
            For a palm or pocket pc, this page would probably work better.

hstvdisplay.asp

Just change its style to use small fonts rather than large ones.

Let me know what you think.

Jeff Farmer

--
            Jeff Farmer
            HS 3, HSPhone
            Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

To remove the header info on any of the pages change this:
              redim arrTemp(7)
              strHead = "&lt;link rel=""stylesheet"" type=""text/css"" href=""/tvlistings/tvlistings.css""&gt;"
              arrTemp(0) = "TV Listings"
              arrTemp(5) = hs.GetINISetting ("Settings","array5","","hstv.ini")
              arrTemp(6) = intStart
              arrTemp(7) = strHead
              </pre>

to this:

redim arrTemp(11)
              strHead = "&lt;link rel=""stylesheet"" type=""text/css"" href=""/tvlistings/tvlistings.css""&gt;"
              arrTemp(0) = "TV Listings"
              arrTemp(5) = hs.GetINISetting ("Settings","array5","","hstv.ini")
              arrTemp(6) = intStart
              arrTemp(7) = strHead
              arrTemp(8) = "NO_LOGO_SLIDE"
              arrTemp(11) = "None"
              </pre>

See this link for more details on controlling the include files.
              Include Files

Jeff Farmer

--
              Jeff Farmer
              HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

I have added 2 new styles to the grid page.

tvepisode
                This will control a style for the episode information.

tvdesc
                This will control a style for the description information.

This will be in the next release.

Jeff Farmer

--
                Jeff Farmer
                HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

Working...
                X