MS SQL Config

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MS SQL Config

Where are we supposed to configure the SQL login user and password? I don't want to leave an OBDC datasource configured using Windows Authentication if I can help it.

I'd much rather use SQL authentication but can't find anywhere to setup the config info or a connection string.

The setup is designed for the login and password to be in the ODBC connection.

You can try putting a connection string in place of the datasource name and see if that works.

Jeff Farmer
    HomeSeer user since March, 2000

--
    Jeff Farmer
    HS 3, HSPhone
    My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
    Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

OK, I'll check it and see how it works out. The Access DB file is already over 120MB in just a few days so I can only imagine that performance will be much better once I get it upsized.

Comment

Jeff,

If I recall CFGuy was for ColdFusion, correct?

If so, have you played much with interfacing CF with HomeSeer? I've made some huge progress with CFMX 6.1 (aka RedSky) and would interested in getting an area started for CFMX > Homeseer integration.

Comment

Yes, the CFGuy came from a nickname I was given at work.

I did try at one time to connect Cold Fusion to HS using cfobject. It would connect but I could never get real values back. Always returned on for lights regardless of the actual status.

The reason I gave up on using Cold Fusion with HS is the cost of CF. I can't imagine too many of the HS users would be willing to purchase cold fusion to run any pages I would develop.

Jeff Farmer
          HomeSeer user since March, 2000

--
          Jeff Farmer
          HS 3, HSPhone
          My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
          Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Working...
          X