Important Information about downloading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Important Information about downloading

I found out that zap2it has changed their site which has broken xmltv. The download process is broken because of that.
    I'll keep an eye on xmltv and as soon as its fixed I'll post it here.

Jeff Farmer
    HomeSeer user since March, 2000

[This message was edited by CFGuy on Thu, 03 July 2003 at 11:20 AM.]

[This message was edited by CFGuy on Wed, 23 July 2003 at 04:08 PM.]
    --
    Jeff Farmer
    HS 3, HSPhone
    My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
    Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Glad I had it download 13 days worth of inforation.

So I hope that we can get this working again within that timeframe..
    HomeSeer 2, HomeSeer 3, Allonis myServer, Amazon Alexa Dots, ELK M1G, ISY 994i, HomeKit, BlueIris, and 6 "4k" Cameras using NVR, and integration between all of these systems. Home Automation since 1980.

Comment

The updated version of XMLTV .14 is out which fixes the Zap2It problems..

Now, if I could only get hstv.exe to work with it I'd be really happy.

Comment

Yes, the new version has been released but it has changed the way that the channelids are stored.

You will need to run the configure for xmltv

At the command line you will type:
        xmltv tv_grab_na --config-file tv_grab_na.conf --configure

Follow the prompts for setup.

Then, if you use the new xmltv, it will download the listings and import them, but because the channelids are different all channels will be treated as a new channel.
        You will end up with 2 of every channel in the download editor and you will have to re enter all of the settings for the channels. Then you will have to go to the Channel Selector for the grid and reselect and reorder all the channels. Once you have the new channels setup the way you want them, you can then delete the old channels from the download editor.

Jeff Farmer

--
        Jeff Farmer
        HS 3, HSPhone
        Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Is there a way to quickly delete all duplicate channels? With sat there are HUNDREDS...
          I have gone through most of them... then hit save and it timed out! It only reset/deleted approx half that I set.

Jeff,
          A script to delete the dups and set a check for entire "sets" of channels (say the 700s, 800s, etc) would be a very helpful feature when you have 800 channels.

--
          Aaron

visit www.TekRecycle.com for all the best in electronics, photo, and other supplies

[This message was edited by Tek Recycle on Tue, 15 July 2003 at 09:26 PM.]

Comment

I can write a query that will delete all the channels in the tvChannels table that does not have a matching id in the tvListings table. That will remove all the old ones for you. But it won't set the download, vr use and favorites settings.

Jeff Farmer

--
            Jeff Farmer
            HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

Tek,
              I would recommend you edit the tv_grab_na.conf file and put the word not in front of the channels that you don't need.
              I have Dish Network with KC Locals so I have hundreds of channels also.
              I set the conf file to not download any of the 600 through 900's.

I know that doesn't help right now.
              I've been trying to come up with a way to automatically carry over the settings in case xmltv ever changes like this again but so far I haven't been able to come up with something that will work.

Jeff Farmer

--
              Jeff Farmer
              HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

Working...
              X