Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need some help

Hi Jeff, I'm having the same problem:
    Script error: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified End if
    if strCurrentUser = "" OR strCurrentUser = "None" Then
    strCurrentUser = "admin"
    End if

I'm really lost with this, when you say "First make sure on the admin page that you have HSTV for the ODBC name" I have no idea where to look. After the install I have several admin pages: TV Listings Admin, HSTV Admin and another HSTV Admin. I also didn't understand "Look for where you entered the name of the ODBC. It should be HSTV. change it to DSN=HSTV" I have not entered anything so I'm not sure what that means. I did select hstv.mdb from the ODBC manager and I tried to run the HSTVimport event but I just got an error. Also I don't have ACCESS but it wasn't listed as a prerequisite so am I OK assuming I don't need it? Please help, thanks

You are correct about not having to have Access.

Look in the homeseer/docs directory for a file called hstv.doc.
    On page 1 there is a section on how to check your ODBC setup.
    Also make sure you do the section on setting up xmltv. That is the program that actually goes out and gets all the data. The setup instructions for it are on page 1 of hstv.doc.

The admin page would be at:
    http://localhost/tvlistings/hstvadmin.asp

Look for ODBC Name
    Enter DSN=HSTV

Jeff Farmer
    HomeSeer user since March, 2000

--
    Jeff Farmer
    HS 3, HSPhone
    My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
    Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Working...
    X