Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Import only new xml data.

Jeff,

I'm pretty sure with the old version there was an option to either import all data or just the new data that had been downloaded that day. I have looked through all of the help information and I am unable to find anything about it. Is it possible with the current version to just download the files that were just downloaded today and have not been imported into the database.

Thanks,
    Jeff

The option in both versions was only to control downloading the xml files.
    That option is still there on the XMLTV setup page.

The function to import the data pulls in all the listings and then compares the old data to the new. If it has changed it replaces the old data.
    Course if you aren't downloading all new xml files, then the data will never change. But it's not an option at this time.
    --
    Jeff Farmer
    HS 3, HSPhone
    My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
    Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

So, does this mean that the "HSTV Import Data" event which invokes &hs.Plugin("HSTV").dataInsert() should not be used? i.e. When importing data should the "HSTV Import XML Files" invoked by &hs.Plugin("HSTV").dataImport() be the only method used to import xml data after each day's download?

Comment

You have to use all 3 events.

1 goes out and downloads the xml files.
        1 reads the xml files and places the data in a temp table.
        1 takes the data in the temp table and cleans it up, deletes duplicate data, replaces old data with new data and finally when the cleanup is done, it moves all the data into the tvlistings table.
        --
        Jeff Farmer
        HS 3, HSPhone
        My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
        Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Working...
        X