Program Listing Update...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Program Listing Update...

In the HS Admin page I have “Re-download all xml files every night” set to “Yes”. However, the HSTV.mdb dB does not appear to be getting XMLTv updates. For example, I show “Brotherhood of Poland…”, starting 9:00 PM (CST) in the HSTV.mdb. However, another XMLTv download done this morning (standalone, on another PC) does not show any “Brotherhood of Poland” programs in it at all, and shows “48 Hours Investigates” in that time slot. The HSTV virtual device says the “importer took 36 minutes to import 18062 records” (Today at 3:53 AM).

Are outdated programs supposed to be updated in the HSTV.mdb or is this handled some other way?

Also, does the 18062 records download refer to number of "lines" downloaded or number of programs? (“The Number Of Days Ahead To Get Listings For” = 7.)

The redownload every night is to fix a problem where a particular day is missing some of the data. I have noticed that zap sometimes only has info to 6PM when I run 11 days ahead. So this option only allows adding missing data. It does not overwrite any existing prorgrams already in the database.
    Is updating a program something that anyone is interested in? Let me know if so.

The 18062 is the number of programs for the entire x number of days ahead. It pulls them all in and compares the day and start time to make sure its in the db. Duplicate time and channels are deleted and then any new ones are inserted into the listings.

Jeff Farmer
    HomeSeer user since March, 2000

--
    Jeff Farmer
    HS 3, HSPhone
    My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
    Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Thanks for the background Jeff, it helps to better understand the data.

Is updating a program something that anyone is interested in?

Well, its important to me, since I have written some schedule analysis programs around the tvlistings table. But, it appears I may be the only one interested in catching the program changes.

Another couple of questions, what is the frequency for deleting the old program listings (e.g. weekly)? And does the database ever get compacted?

Comment

There is a setting in the admin page where you select how many days of history to keep.

I'll add an option to allow updating any changed data. That way everyone can set it to work the way they want.

No, I don't have anything scheduled to compact the db. I'll have to look into that.

Jeff Farmer
        HomeSeer user since March, 2000

--
        Jeff Farmer
        HS 3, HSPhone
        My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
        Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

There is a setting in the admin page where you select how many days of history to keep.

Ouch! I completely overlooked that option. Sorry. I have set it to zero (to see what happens ) I assume old entries are deleted daily, around the time the XMLTv download kicks off.

I'll add an option to allow updating any changed data. That way everyone can set it to work the way they want.

Great! Will work well for me.

No, I don't have anything scheduled to compact the db. I'll have to look into that.

Cool! I could do it for myself, but obviously you better know "when" to do it with least impact on dB activity.

Comment

Working...
          X