Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trying to Translate

Hello.

I'm trying to translate the messages into Spanish but I'm out of luck.

I modified the Date_Time_String.vbs file but looks like the script has the same functions some where else and is not getting my changes.

For example in the "Default Speak String For Event Setup", I modified it to: "Empieza #showTitle# en el canal #chanNum#, #chanNick#, a las #showTime#. Termina a las #showEnd#."
    The resulting text to speak is: "Empieza Cronicas Marcianas en el canal 5, Tele 5, a las twelve 30 a m . Termina a las two 30 a m ." (with the time still in English.

Attached is the modified vbs.
    Attached Files

After some experimentation, I looks to me like there are some other functions like the ones in Date_Time_String.vbs in the encryption code and Date_Time_String.vbs is only valid for VR answers.

It's more difficult than I tougth to have hstv speaking any other than English without access to source.

To make it happen we need (feature request?):

1 - A way (a ini file should be OK) with the text strings HSTV will use.
    2 - To be able to choose the TTS engine HSTV must use to speak (to choose a spanish or french or german, etc. one, so the PC speaks properly.
    It is necesary because until a Spanish VR engine with SAPI5 support is available we must speak to the PC on English and if an engine other than English is sellected as default, the "confirmation phrases" and so on (in English) are not well pronunciated.

Anytime tried to listen an english voice using a spanish TTS engine? = it's very funny but not very usefull.

Comment

I didn't even think of the times when I was working on the speech strings.
      I have a plugin that I am finishing up. I hope the first part of November to get back to HSTV and I'll come up with a way to customize the speaking of the times.
      Question for you. Does it speak the minutes correctly when they are over 9?

Jeff Farmer
      HomeSeer user since March, 2000

--
      Jeff Farmer
      HS 3, HSPhone
      My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
      Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Question for you. Does it speak the minutes correctly when they are over 9?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, it does.

Comment

I have added to the ini file a way to customize the strings that HSTV builds up for the times and dates.
          It will be in the next version that I will send to the updater on Monday.

Jeff Farmer
          HomeSeer user since March, 2000

--
          Jeff Farmer
          HS 3, HSPhone
          My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
          Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Working...
          X