Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ODBC Errors

Jeff,
    I'm relatively new to HSTV. I didn't find anything similar in a search of the board, so I'll post my problem as new.

Every night when HSTV is doing its download and import, I get a couple of pop-ups:
    <pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">
    Run-time error -2147467259 (80004005)
    [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Could not update; currently locked by user 'admin' on machine 'HS'
    </pre>
    and
    <pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">
    Run-time error -2147217900 (80040e14)
    [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver]
    The changes you requested to the table were not successful because they would create duplicate values in the index, primary key, or relationship.
    Change the data in the field or fields that contain duplicate data, remove the index, or redefine the index to permit duplicate entries and try again.
    </pre>

My HS machine is unattended, so it is only by remote desktop login that I ever notice this has happened. Clearly something is wrong in my setup. Any ideas?

Steve

This time I only got the second error, again with a pop-up from HSTV. I think the second error is the one I get for sure every night, and sometimes I seem to get the first error as well.

Jeff,
    Any ideas?
    Steve

Comment

The only time I see the first error is if I have left the database open and have one of the tables open.

If you would email me your hstv.ini file and one of your xml files, I'll see if I can figure out where the duplicate value is coming from.

Jeff Farmer
      HomeSeer user since March, 2000

--
      Jeff Farmer
      HS 3, HSPhone
      My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
      Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Jeff,

I sent you the files (via the email address in your profile - If that is wrong, let me know).

Last night I got two more ODBC error pop-ups again, but they were both "Too many active users" instead of the previous error. Aside from dismissing the pop-ups, I hadn't changed anything since the previous night.

I'm sure I'm doing something stupid, but I don't keep MS Access up all the time, so I don't think there is any possibility that I'm somehow locking the table myself.

Steve

Comment

Yes, I got the files last night. I started looking through them and I'll go through them some more tonight.

Jeff Farmer

--
          Jeff Farmer
          HS 3, HSPhone
          Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Hi Jeff.

I'm also getting this error (it started arround ten days ago).

Any clue?

I'm attaching the ini and one of the XML files.
            Attached Files

Comment

The XML file
              Attached Files

Comment

This is the error in Spanish
                Attached Files

Comment

Check the HSTV events HSTVImport and HSTVImportMulti are not both activated. The multi one is the correct one to use with xmltv.

Steve thinks this is what is causing his errors and he deactivated the second event on Saturday. I think that fixed it.

Jeff Farmer

--
                  Jeff Farmer
                  HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

I have only the HSTVImportMulti active.

In fact I get the error also when manually fire the HSTVImportMulti event.

Comment

Just to help me out a bit with this, could you translate the error you are getting. That way I can make sure I'm trying to solve the correct thing.

Jeff Farmer

--
                      Jeff Farmer
                      HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

Jeff,

It's the same error Steve is getting. Same error code and text.

Run-time error -2147217900 (80040e14)
                        [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver]
                        The changes you requested to the table were not successful because they would create duplicate values in the index, primary key, or relationship.
                        Change the data in the field or fields that contain duplicate data, remove the index, or redefine the index to permit duplicate entries and try again.

Comment

Just to confirm, in my situation it was simply something gone wrong in the install, leaving both the import events set to run, and (worse) at the same time. Disabling one made my problem go a way.

Steve

Comment

melkati, the file that is causing the problem seems to be Dec 11th, 2003. Please email me the xml file for that date.

Jeff Farmer

--
                            Jeff Farmer
                            HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

I just reinstalled it from the updater and it works again.

Don't know why.

Lets see what happens next days.

Mario.-

Comment

Working...
                              X