Shows without end

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shows without end

I saw your info about zap2it changing the way the end of programmes was signalled (in effect no longer doing it at all) but two nights recently (one under 2.1.9 and one under 2.1.10) I see listings beginning at 18.00 or 18.30 which continue until midnight or later.

Thoughts?
    Attached Files

I have ran into that also. It is caused by zap not having a full days data. I had to drop down to only 9 days ahead to get around this.
    The other option is to set the admin page to "Re-download all xml files every night". That will replace the xml file with only a partial days listing.

Eventually, I am going to add an option to overwrite the data in the database when its changed to fix this.

In the meantime you can go to the admin page and select that date for a reimport.

Oh, .10 should fix the problem you were having with missing data on the 1st to the 10th. Let me know.

Jeff Farmer
    HomeSeer user since March, 2000
    --
    Jeff Farmer
    HS 3, HSPhone
    My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
    Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

I'm still seeing this (no show end) under .11, I just upgraded to .13 after clearing the bad records from the db, blowing away the XML files and redoanloading/reimporting.

It may be due to the fact that I'm seeing intermittent connections to zap2it as well (didn't run last night and I had to try it 5-6 times today before getting results). In each case, the shows ended at midnight, but the end was actually in the db two+ days later at midnight. Some midnight entries didn't have a time portion (00:00:00). Hopefully .13 is better.

- Gordon

Write your Congresspeople that we want tighter anti-spam legislation. The new CANSPAM act actually gives marketers the right to spam you at least once, and you have to opt-out with each business. Who's rights are being protected? Business, not the peoples'. See http://www.cauce.org .
      |
      | - Gordon

"I'm a Man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess." - Man's Prayer, Possum Lodge, The Red Green Show
      HiddenGemStudio.com - MaineMusicians.org - CunninghamCreativeMaine.website

Comment

I'm still seeing the problem described above. Is there any fix short of going into the db manually? Perhaps a utility could be written to clean this up?

- Gordon

Write your Congresspeople that we want tighter anti-spam legislation. The new CANSPAM act actually gives marketers the right to spam you at least once, and you have to opt-out with each business. Who's rights are being protected? Business, not the peoples'. See http://www.cauce.org .
        |
        | - Gordon

"I'm a Man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess." - Man's Prayer, Possum Lodge, The Red Green Show

Comment

Gordon, I'm sorry, I forgot to look at this over the weekend.
          Could you send me your hstv.ini file, please. I want to see a few of your settings so I can compare to mine.

Jeff Farmer
          HomeSeer user since March, 2000

Wiring Wall
          --
          Jeff Farmer
          HS 3, HSPhone
          My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
          Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Thanks, I think I've found the problem. I just tried a reimport, and the script timed out. What do you recommend for a timeout setting, or do you run your HS script timeout unlimited?

- Gordon

PS> I just changed it to redownload everything each night.

|
            | - Gordon

Comment

A re-import made it worse. I'll try a redownload.

- Gordon

|
              | - Gordon

Comment

Working...
              X