Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ODBC SQL Server error: Login failed for user '(null)'

Jeff,
    It is almost working now since changing my password on my SA acct from blank to something else. I changed the Data Sources (ODBC) connection to use the same SA & password. I had it do a connection test... it passed.

The ldf & mdf files seem to get getting updated (both are stamped with current date).

BUT...
    now I get this error on the listings/display web pages:

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">Script error: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection.
    </pre>

--
    Aaron

Check the ODBC setup. Look for a button labeled Client Configuration. Click that. Make sure the selected library is TCP/IP and not Named Pipes.

Jeff Farmer
    HomeSeer user since March, 2000

--
    Jeff Farmer
    HS 3, HSPhone
    My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
    Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

tcp only... dynamic port

other ideas?

--
      Aaron

Comment

The error reads like the ODBC connection thinks its still blank.
        I would suggest to delete the ODBC connection and recreate it.

HSTV uses the Script Includes for its db functions so I can't figure why it would error with only needing the ODBC name. I'll ask around at work to see if anyone has ran into that error.

Jeff Farmer

--
        Jeff Farmer
        HS 3, HSPhone
        Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

tried deleting/recreating ODBC connection... still same result.

--
          Aaron

Comment

One of the setup pages for SQL server ODBC is the "How Should SQL Server verify the authenticity of the login ID?"

Make sure you have "With SQL Server authentication using a login ID and password entered by the user." selected.

Jeff Farmer
            --
            Jeff Farmer
            HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

Jeff,
              I have verified all settings. I use the SA acct with a simple password and set the database to hstvSQL.

Here's the summary from the ODBC screen:

Microsoft SQL Server ODBC Driver Version 03.81.9041

Data Source Name: hstvSQL
              Data Source Description:
              Server: (local)
              Database: hstvSQL
              Language: (Default)
              Translate Character Data: Yes
              Log Long Running Queries: Yes
              Query Log File: C:\QUERY.LOG
              Query Log Time: 30000
              Log Driver Statistics: Yes
              Statistics File: C:\STATS.LOG
              Use Integrated Security: No
              Use Regional Settings: No
              Prepared Statements Option: Drop temporary procedures on disconnect
              Use Failover Server: No
              Use ANSI Quoted Identifiers: Yes
              Use ANSI Null, Paddings and Warnings: Yes
              Data Encryption: No

Running connectivity tests...

Attempting connection
              Connection established
              Verifying option settings
              Disconnecting from server

TESTS COMPLETED SUCCESSFULLY!

--
              Aaron

Comment

I did a google search for the error and found a few items.

Here is one from Microsoft.
                http://support.microsoft.com/support.../q307/0/02.asp

I compared your settings to mine. They match other than I have driver version 3.81.9001

Jeff Farmer

--
                Jeff Farmer
                HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

Jeff,
                  So what do you suggest? It looks like it could be in the script or in my config. I do have the user (SA) setup in my local accts with the same password as within SQL.

--
                  Aaron

Comment

I am setting up a new server for HomeSeer, but leaving SQL Server on the old server. While setting up HSTV, I got the error you are describing.

I finally was able to get it to work by setting the ODBC Name to:
                    DSN=HSTV;Trusted_Connection=yes

Jeff Farmer

Wiring Wall

HomeSeer
                    --
                    Jeff Farmer
                    HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

Working...
                    X