Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jeff... Using graphics instead of HTML grid?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jeff... Using graphics instead of HTML grid?

Can you add a feature?

I'd like use graphics (bars, etc) as the backgrounds for the table cells? This would allow me to customize the HSTV interface to loolk like the rest of my GUI interface.

This would also, automatically, allow us to "size" the cells (height,width) by using the images.

I would help out by creating custom images for everyone to use... different sizes and colors.

what do you think?

You can do this already using the style sheet.
    Each program category is used for the style for the cells in the grid.
    For example.
    The category action.
    I use the following in my style sheet.
    <pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">
    background: #DCB4FA;
    color: Navy;
    border: thin solid black;
    </pre>
    but if I change it to this:
    background-image: url(/images/led-green.gif);
    background-repeat: no-repeat;
    </pre>
    I now get the image led-green.gif as the background for action shows.
    --
    Jeff Farmer
    HS 3, HSPhone
    My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
    Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Jeff,
      I do understand that part but in order to make it look the way I'd like (PVR-like), each time slot would need a separate graphic in order to look 3D or "polished". So there would be different size images for 1 hour, 30 mins, 1.5 hrs, 2 hrs, etc.

I'd like to completely eliminate the grid/table borders and just use images like MythTV, MyHDPC, Tivo, etc

btw... try setting your borders to none... it seems that there are still borders that get inserted for 'most' cells

Comment

On the borders, here is what I did to remove all the borders around the program cells.

Remove all the lines:
        border: thin solid black;
        </pre>
        from the category styles.

Then in the style .tvtable add
        border: none;
        </pre>

This pulled all the table cells tight so there is no border showing.

So for the image backgrounds, what would determine the graphic?
        A combination of category and length? Just the length?
        Give me a couple of examples and I'll try to come up with something for you.
        --
        Jeff Farmer
        HS 3, HSPhone
        Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

I'm thinking a combo = category (for color) and length (for images size).

this should make it Tivo-like in look'n feel.

Maybe also allow the column headers to be images too?

I have attached my CSS, it still shows borders, in only some areas.
          Attached Files

Comment

Jeff,
            Any thoughts on why the grid lines still appear?
            Also, do you think the images for the show slots is doable?

Comment

I put your style sheet in place of mine, and don't see any borders at all on the programs. What areas do you still see a border?

As to the images, yes, it sounds doable. I can add an option to use category and length to make a style sheet class. In your examples, you mention 30 mins, 1 hour, etc. But it is possible to have shorter times. I have seen where a movie ends at 10 minutes past the hours and the tv listings will show the end time and then have a 20 minute program listed. So when that happens you would end up with a 10 minute lenght on the grid and a 20 minute length. How do you see handling those? It would be possible to just say anything 30 or less gets the 30 style. But if you are using the image to make the program a certain width, then you would end up with the grid to wide.
              Any ideas?
              --
              Jeff Farmer
              HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

We would definitely need to "cut it off" at some point but I could make images that are 180, 120, 90, 70, 60, 30, 20 (minutes) for each color. OR, if you think it better, we could have "filler" images that combine a 60 and a 10 for 70 minute shows, etc.

what do you think?

Comment

Jeff,
                  if we can decide on a format I will build the images this weekend.

let me know

Comment

Sorry,
                    I read your reply at work and then forgot to follow up when I got home.

I would say just do them in increments of 30. I will round any non 30 increment to the nearest 30.
                    --
                    Jeff Farmer
                    HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

Aaron,
                      I can't find your email address. Could you email me, please?
                      --
                      Jeff Farmer
                      HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

Jeff,
                        Just wondered if you had mod'd the code to accomidate?
                        Are you waiting on me for the images?

Comment

Working...
                        X