Scheduled Error & Monitored ON/OFF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scheduled Error & Monitored ON/OFF

I have been using HSTV for bringing in and displaying he stations I require very successfully and now having built an IR system have tried the IR control. I have 2 problems:-
    1 - When I try to display any scheduled programs I get the following error

Script error: Subscript out of range: '[number: 1]' arrEvents(8,z) = arrEventInfo(1)

How do I clear this error? Checking the database does not show anything as being scheduled if that’s where the information is held.

2 - As my TV and VCR are toggle power ON/OFF I monitor whether they are ON or OFF in Homeseer using a home brewed device. This means that before I issue any IR commands made up by HSTV I need to check if the TV is ON or OFF. HSTV appears to only give the capability of Prepending a fixed command without any IF THEN ELSE for the IR commands. Also there does not appear to be a way of checking delayed events and modifying them to make the ON/OFF check. Is there any means of making this check before issuing the IR commands. This is to obviously cover the case of the VCR being left ON.
    The HSTV.exe version is 2.1.0.47

I missed this when you posted it.

1. I will look at this tonight when I get home.

2. To handle things like this, there is an option to run a script on the setup. Look for "Run Script". Right below it is Run Script Parameters.
    You can use the Speak Variables in the Script Parameters also.
    This would allow you to write a script that does any of the logic you need and then send the IR that you need. You can get into the channel number by putting it as one of the paramters for your script.
    --
    Jeff Farmer
    HS 3, HSPhone
    My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
    Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Jeff, can you add an option that would allow us to call a script when one of the channels on the tvgrid was selected. I've got the same issues as Tois and have a hometheater script that controls the tv, receiver, cablebox etc and use my ocelot with current sensors to tell when things are on/off. all goes out the window when I select a channel from the tvgrid asp page with the tv off

I do seem to have an issue with recording too. seems the event fires about 50% of the time. I've got to do more tracing before i really complain...

Thanks for the good work.

Comment

Microchip,
        The error appears to be coming from the event name. In the HomeSeer Windows gui go to the events section. Select the Event Group HSTV_remind. Or HSTV_record. The names of the events should be something like this.

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">
        Remind|everychannel|Stargate SG-1|Sci Fi|5/28/2004|17:00|122
        </pre>

From the error it appears one of the events is missing the correct format.
        --
        Jeff Farmer
        HS 3, HSPhone
        Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Guy,
          I'll look into it when I get back. I will be gone until June 6th.
          --
          Jeff Farmer
          HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

Thanks for the reply, I would of tried earlier but I was away below the equator!
            I cleared the fautly Event and the Script error went away.
            As I was getting the problem of no data being downloaded I followed the instructions on another thread, which outlines the changes required for getting new data- no problems with setting that side up.
            The problem now is that the times of programs and the programs do not match. It also says the time zone is -0400 even though the config file has -0500. The lengths of programs, start times and the order of programs appears to be completely random.
            I have tried removing and re-installing but with the same problem. The Access database contains this wrong information.
            Any ideas?

Comment

Working...
            X