X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HSTV Never Installs Properly!

Here are the steps I took.

- Install from updater.
    - Got to the tv admin webpage (mines running on port 8000)(set "get listings for 7 days", click save at bottom)
    - Go to Control Panel > Admin Tools -> System DSN -> HSTV -> Configure -> hstv97.mdb -> ok -> ok
    - Run command line stuff
    - enter time zone
    - enter login info
    - install all channels
    - program ends, appears to be finished
    - Go to homeseer, execute HSTVDownloadMulti
    - command line program windows launch and exit.
    - Check C:/Program Files/Homeseer/data/hstv/listings/ and note that only the dtd file is present
    - swear a lot because no xml files reside there as the installation instructions say.
    - Delete all HSTV files, ini files, and OCDB connections.
    - Reinstall from updater and repeat the above steps 4 to 5 more times or until you feel extremely bored.

How can I get HSTV to work with Homeseer on a WinXP machine. Is it possible?
    - John

ok finally got the installation to work.
    Heres what you have to do if you had similar problems...

By default the hstv admin web page states that the function to call (grabber name) is "tv_grab_na" as the directions say to "Enter the grabber name for your country Ex. tv_grab_na". Funny thing is that there is no such function as tv_grab_na... you have to use tv_grab_na_dd.

Hope that helped somebody.

Comment

Second Problem....
      Could someone please explain what the "channelVR" field in the database is for? When all of my channel TTS requests were saying "Sorry, there is no information in the database for that channel" I opened the scripts to have a look at the query in question. I found most of the queries were requiring that "channelVR = 1". By changing the query to "channelVR = 1 OR channelVR = 0" I was able to get TTS results.

But still, I am wondering what channelVR is and why its mostly 0 for the channels in my database.

Comment

hi,
        On the Import editor page where you can enter channel Nickname, there is also a column labeled VR use. This allows you to select the channels that will be included in the responses to VR. Some people have so many channels that the reply to VR would take a really long time to speak.

Look in the HomeSeer docs directory for the file HSTV.doc for an explantion of the other items on the setup pages.
        As to the tv_grab_na_dd, that is a recent change from xmltv. It used to be tv_grab_na. The doc file should have the updated information on using tv_grab_na_dd.
        --
        Jeff Farmer
        HS 3, HSPhone
        My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
        Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Thanks for the reply Jeff. I figured that the _dd issue was somehow related to an out of date doc instructions.

On the VR settings, I opened the import editor and selected a few channels for VR use but when I pressed "Save Channel Selections" nothing happens... no page refesh or form processing occurs.

Comment

Working...
          X