1 hour ahead time zone solution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi All,

After fussing with this for a couple of hours, I'm still not able to get the TV Grid times to jive with the actual program start times. So I decided not to fight it and just set the timezone = -0500 in the tv-grab-na-dd.conf file and rerun the DownloadMulti event. The XML files that resulted from this show the correct program start times now. However, when opening the program grid, the show times are still an hour off. I opened the DB and the show times are an hour off there too. So here's my question for Jeff: If the XML files show the correct times but the DB table still shows an hour off, what is controlling that? And where can I (we) change that behavior?

TIA,

Chuck

Comment

Hi All,

After fussing with this for a couple of hours and trying the suggestions here, I am not able to get correct show times. I decided not to mess with the system clock and just changed the timezone setting the the tv-grab-na-dd.conf file to an hour earlier. I deleted the XML files and reran the DownloadMulti event. The XML files now show the cirrect show start times. However, the grid is still off. I opened the DB table and the times are an hour off! So Here's my question for Jeff (or anyone else who might know):

If the XML files are correct, why is the DB data still showing an hour off? What is controlling this in the code for Import? Can it be changed? If so, where?

TIA,

Chuck

Comment

Yes, once you have the XML files correct, you need to delete all the records in the tvlistings table. Then run the import again. Otherwise the data won't be overwritten and the current data will be off but the new data would be correct. Since the import usually runs 10 to 13 days ahead you would have the wrong times for that many days.
        --
        Jeff Farmer
        HS 3, HSPhone
        My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
        Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Jeff,

Thanks for the reply to my questions. I'll certainly give that a try.

Sorry for the double post. Either the board is acting flakey or I am!

Chuck

Comment

Jeff,

After opening the MDB in Access and deleting the records in the TVListings table, I reran the import and now everything is working fine.

Thanks!!!!

Chuck

Comment

Working...
            X