Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Issue executing Watch and Record events....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Issue executing Watch and Record events....

I just installed HSTV 3.0. Everything worked pretty well, and my listings appear to be displaying fine. I setup a Watch control event, and a Record control event. I set the Watch control as the default channel changing device. I am able to click on an icon, and change the channel by having HS send out the correct IR string. The problem I am having is being able to have HSTV execute either a Watch or a Record event. I have read the posts discussing the time window, and that seems to be setup correctly. I select the device (for channel change and Record), EVerything seems to be working properly, but I just can't seem to get an event to trigger. I would really like to start using HSTV to control the various TVs and Cable boxes in my home, and obviously, the Watch and Record events are a big part of this plan.

Any assistance and/or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

George

Hi,
    First thing is to go to the scheduled tab, make sure there are some programs listed there. If not, then it hasn't found any matches. If so, then you can do the following.

Go into the General Admin and set the logging to the highest level and schedule a program starting soon. After the time comes for the event to trigger, check the log. Then change the logging back down because the highest level will fill your log.

If you got an error message in the log, paste it here in this thread.
    If there wasn't an error message, paste in a screen shot of how you have the watch item setup. Also a screen shot of the way the favorite is setup.

I'll be busy this afternoon but will check in this evening.
    --
    Jeff Farmer
    HS 3, HSPhone
    My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
    Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Hi Jeff,

Please find attached a zip file containing a number of JPG files showing the information you requested. I scheduled an event to record at 6:30 pm. I have included an image of the control function used to record the event. The event was queued as can be seen in Scheduled Recording.jpg. 6:30 pm came and went with no event execution. HS Log.jpg shows an excerpt of my log file. There was some SQL action, but no IR commands were issued. I have also included screen shots of my General Options, my user options and my HSTV config file. I can't for the life of me figure outwhat is going on, and I hope you can make sense of the attched images.

Cheers,

George
      Attached Files

Comment

I'll take a look at the images this evening.
        --
        Jeff Farmer
        HS 3, HSPhone
        Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

I looked at your images and they look correct. The one showing your log shows that it is at least kicking into the code to send the channel number and the record command.

Try this. Grab the IR lines from the log and put them into a normal HomeSeer event. See if it works there.

PVR_2,2,PVR_2,0,PVR_2,0
          PVR_2,Record

We need to find out if the IR is working outside of HSTV first.
          --
          Jeff Farmer
          HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

Working...
          X