Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SnapStream and HSTV error

Originally posted by hec1152 View Post
    I haven't tried to record anything using this capability until now. What I tried was via a web client browser logged into HS server with TV listing grid showing. I selected a program and pressed the BTV icon on the grid and then got the info about confirming submission to BTV. A few seconds after I did that I got the following message:

Server Error in '/' Application.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The resource cannot be found.
    Description: HTTP 404. The resource you are looking for (or one of its dependencies) could have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable. Please review the following URL and make sure that it is spelled correctly.

Requested Url: /jobs.cgi

Since this behavior is consistent, I'm thinking that I'm missing something here. What I was trying to do is log into HS on a computer that's on network to looks at TV listing and then activate a recording from that client. Note the HS server is on different machine as is BTV - all three machines are on same network. Do I need to be on the HS Server machine to be able to do what I tried?

Thanks,
    Exact same error here. Has any fix been posted?

Jeff

P.S. Using the latest Homeseer beta, the latest version of HSTV available in the updater, the latest drivers for the ATI All-in-Wonder video card...

Comment

I found Snapstream and BeyondTV to be cumbersome and far more comlicated than either needed to be just to record a few movies off TV. I found GBpvr (http://www.gbpvr.com/pmwiki) far easier and more feature rich then either. I've not tried to use it with HSTV but there is a Homeseer plugin for it that allows me to trigger events should i need to. I can't think of any reason why it wouldn't also work with HSTV.
      Marty
      ------
      XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2
      Playing with HS3 a bit but it's just play at this point.

Comment

Jim,

Old post I realize but I'm just now looking at HSTV and BeyondTV again when I ran across this from an exchange we had a year ago. I'm just now looking at GBPV per your suggestion and I agree that it's interesting. Wish I had found it before my investment in BeyondTV.

You said that "...there is a Homeseer plugin for it that allows me to trigger events...". Could you refer me to that plugin?

Thanks,

Comment

I haven't updated my GBpvr setup in a while, it's been running very nicely so i haven't fooled with it. I know i'm about 2 versions behind now, as i understand it they've made some skinning changes that I just haven't figured out yet, but the Homeseer plugin is still listed for download at

http://gbpvr.com/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Plugin/Homeseer

It's not complicated and it does work well enough to trigger an event or two, handy when starting a movie.
          Marty
          ------
          XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2

Comment

If you get the GBPVR plugin working, it will be easy to add the plugin to HSTV.
            When I was designing the integration part of HSTV, I came up with a way that it can work with any HS plugin. All it takes is putting some data into the tables. There is already a function in HSTV that will add those values based on adding a line to the hstv.ini file. If you can provide me with a list of the plugin functions and thier parameters I can write the info to put in the ini file and GBPVR will be added to HSTV.
            --
            Jeff Farmer
            HS 3, HSPhone
            My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
            Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Not being a HSTV user I can't answer that question. I would think there would be no need for a GBpvr plugin if you were using HSTV. The way the plugin works is sending commands through HSgirder. My setups were at one time both on the same machine but long ago I gave each it's own machine. Both my GBpvr and HS setups are much happier.

To be honest i've never tried HSTV, since all my TV stuff is handled by GBpvr, like keeping he wife happy recording her soaps, and of course the occasional movie for me, i didn't have a clue what i would gain by it.
              Marty
              ------

Comment

Ah, I wasn't familiar with and was thought that the plugin allowed you to send record commands to GBPVR.
                --
                Jeff Farmer
                HS 3, HSPhone
                My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
                Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Originally posted by CFGuy View Post
                  Ah, I wasn't familiar with and was thought that the plugin allowed you to send record commands to GBPVR.

No it's just a simple plug to trigger events already setup in HS.

GBpvr has a net interface built in to allow remote setup of recordings. I can log into it from anywhere and check the guide, what has recorded and if need be setup something to record.
                  Marty
                  ------

Comment

Working...
                  X