X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nightwalker
    replied
    Originally posted by CFGuy View Post
    Ah, I wasn't familiar with and was thought that the plugin allowed you to send record commands to GBPVR.

No it's just a simple plug to trigger events already setup in HS.

GBpvr has a net interface built in to allow remote setup of recordings. I can log into it from anywhere and check the guide, what has recorded and if need be setup something to record.

Leave a comment:

• CFGuy
    replied
    Ah, I wasn't familiar with and was thought that the plugin allowed you to send record commands to GBPVR.

Leave a comment:

• nightwalker
    replied
    Not being a HSTV user I can't answer that question. I would think there would be no need for a GBpvr plugin if you were using HSTV. The way the plugin works is sending commands through HSgirder. My setups were at one time both on the same machine but long ago I gave each it's own machine. Both my GBpvr and HS setups are much happier.

To be honest i've never tried HSTV, since all my TV stuff is handled by GBpvr, like keeping he wife happy recording her soaps, and of course the occasional movie for me, i didn't have a clue what i would gain by it.

Leave a comment:

• CFGuy
    replied
    If you get the GBPVR plugin working, it will be easy to add the plugin to HSTV.
    When I was designing the integration part of HSTV, I came up with a way that it can work with any HS plugin. All it takes is putting some data into the tables. There is already a function in HSTV that will add those values based on adding a line to the hstv.ini file. If you can provide me with a list of the plugin functions and thier parameters I can write the info to put in the ini file and GBPVR will be added to HSTV.

Leave a comment:

• nightwalker
    replied
    I haven't updated my GBpvr setup in a while, it's been running very nicely so i haven't fooled with it. I know i'm about 2 versions behind now, as i understand it they've made some skinning changes that I just haven't figured out yet, but the Homeseer plugin is still listed for download at

http://gbpvr.com/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Plugin/Homeseer

It's not complicated and it does work well enough to trigger an event or two, handy when starting a movie.

Leave a comment:

• hec1152
    replied
    Jim,

Old post I realize but I'm just now looking at HSTV and BeyondTV again when I ran across this from an exchange we had a year ago. I'm just now looking at GBPV per your suggestion and I agree that it's interesting. Wish I had found it before my investment in BeyondTV.

You said that "...there is a Homeseer plugin for it that allows me to trigger events...". Could you refer me to that plugin?

Thanks,

Leave a comment:

• nightwalker
    replied
    I found Snapstream and BeyondTV to be cumbersome and far more comlicated than either needed to be just to record a few movies off TV. I found GBpvr (http://www.gbpvr.com/pmwiki) far easier and more feature rich then either. I've not tried to use it with HSTV but there is a Homeseer plugin for it that allows me to trigger events should i need to. I can't think of any reason why it wouldn't also work with HSTV.

Leave a comment:

• jboyes
    replied
    SnapStream and HSTV error

Originally posted by hec1152 View Post
    I haven't tried to record anything using this capability until now. What I tried was via a web client browser logged into HS server with TV listing grid showing. I selected a program and pressed the BTV icon on the grid and then got the info about confirming submission to BTV. A few seconds after I did that I got the following message:

Server Error in '/' Application.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The resource cannot be found.
    Description: HTTP 404. The resource you are looking for (or one of its dependencies) could have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable. Please review the following URL and make sure that it is spelled correctly.

Requested Url: /jobs.cgi

Since this behavior is consistent, I'm thinking that I'm missing something here. What I was trying to do is log into HS on a computer that's on network to looks at TV listing and then activate a recording from that client. Note the HS server is on different machine as is BTV - all three machines are on same network. Do I need to be on the HS Server machine to be able to do what I tried?

Thanks,
    Exact same error here. Has any fix been posted?

Jeff

P.S. Using the latest Homeseer beta, the latest version of HSTV available in the updater, the latest drivers for the ATI All-in-Wonder video card...

Leave a comment:

• Bill Brower
    replied
    Originally posted by Jim Doolittle
    Well, I really like SnapStream but my 800Mhz PC is not beefy enough to handle it.
    If you don't have it already, get a video input card that has hardware encoding. This takes the burden off the CPU. Somewhere in Beyond TV's system requirements, it lists two computer setups. One with hardware encoding and one computer (faster reqs) without hardware encoding.

I didn't read the whole thread, pardon me if this has been brought up.

Leave a comment:

• hec1152
    replied
    Jeff,

I should have noted that all this was inside my network not from outside. Do I still need the noip thing (which I will nevertheless investigate out of curiosity since I've seen it mentioned elsewhere). From my (internal) web browser I can point it to http://kirk:xxxx and get the BTV web pages, etc so I know that it can be seen. Maybe there's something I need to set on BTV (although I can't find it).

I assume though that from what you're saying, I should be able to do what I am trying to do. i.e. schedule a program for BTV to record on a separate machine from the TV Grid displayed on a client PC logged into the HS web server. All on internal network with all thress machines accessible and able to see one another and address each other via DNS name and/or (internal) IP address.

Anything else I should try?

Thanks,

Leave a comment:

• CFGuy
    replied
    If you tried if from outside your network then it would not know what http://kirk is.
    With that address it would only work from inside your network.
    If you setup something like no-ip.com then you could set it up from both internal and external.

I believe that jobs.cgi is a SnapStream command.

Leave a comment:

• hec1152
    replied
    Recording command to BTV

Thanks for quick reply. I knew about that setting and have it pointing to the machine with BTV with correct port number, etc. (http://kirk:8129) I haven't tried to record anything using this capability until now. What I tried was via a web client browser logged into HS server with TV listing grid showing. I selected a program and pressed the BTV icon on the grid and then got the info about confirming submission to BTV. A few seconds after I did that I got the following message:

Server Error in '/' Application.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The resource cannot be found.
    Description: HTTP 404. The resource you are looking for (or one of its dependencies) could have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable. Please review the following URL and make sure that it is spelled correctly.

Requested Url: /jobs.cgi

Since this behavior is consistent, I'm thinking that I'm missing something here. What I was trying to do is log into HS on a computer that's on network to looks at TV listing and then activate a recording from that client. Note the HS server is on different machine as is BTV - all three machines are on same network. Do I need to be on the HS Server machine to be able to do what I tried?

BTW - what's in the /jobs.cgi? Is that the method that HS/HSTV is trying to use to send message between machines with recording info the BTV needs to use? Where is info on this interface to BTV described/documented?

Thanks,

Leave a comment:

• CFGuy
    replied
    On the admin page there is a text box to enter the url and port number to the snapstream computer.

hstv will add the http:// and you enter the rest which will allow it to be on a different computer.

Leave a comment:

• hec1152
    replied
    HS Server and BeyondTV on different machines

Thought about starting another thread on this one, but hope that someone here has quick answer. I have BeyondTV (formerly Snapstream) running on a separate machine from the one on which HS w HSTV is running. Both are part of same domain/network and can see/communicate with each other. Am I correct in assuming that the only way to use the HSTV feature that allows one to select a program from the Listings grid for BTV to record is to have both BTV and HS/HSTV on SAME PC? Is there no way, besides manually posting to BTV website, to send "job" info from one PC (w HSTV) and another (w BTV)? From reading various threads, I assume answer is no - fundamental assumption is that HSTV and BTV are on same machine. Correct?

Thanks,

Leave a comment:

• Jim Doolittle
    replied
    Well, I really like SnapStream but my 800Mhz PC is not beefy enough to handle it. I might try it on another PC that is nearly running 24/7 but that PC is 400MHz but is only taxed when kids are playing games.

Ultimately, I may end up waiting until I upgrade a PC. I was wanting to use HSTV to use IR to view a station some time in the future and SnapStream to record. Right now, I have HSTV set to use IR to set VCR to record but that means I need to have a tape in the machine .

For now, I may use my HomeSeer PC for webcam only since the frame rate and quality requirement would be less.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X