HSTV Grid ignores Time zone chane

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HSTV Grid ignores Time zone chane

Today, after time was set back one hour, HSTV remains an hour behind real time on grid display and reminders.

I tried removing the xml files and re-importing the data, no luck.

Any other pointers? Perhaps this should become a sticky subject since it happens every 6 months.

Thanks!

T

This may be related, or not:

Today, after the time change, all my record events are occurring one hour LATE. I don't recall seeing this problem in other DST changes.

I haven't tried to fix anything; I'm hoping tomorrow that all is OK

Comment

You can re-import all days after Sunday and they should line up properly. I've done that here and had no problems.
      |
      | - Gordon

"I'm a Man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess." - Man's Prayer, Possum Lodge, The Red Green Show
      HiddenGemStudio.com - MaineMusicians.org - CunninghamCreativeMaine.website

Comment

firtha, that's what I'm seeing.

Gordon, I killed the xml files, downloaded, and imported, and the grid still displays an hour behind actual programming.

Anything else to try?

Comment

To do a reimport you would need to delete the data in the tvlistings table before you start the import function. Once the data is in the database, the next import will not delete what is already there.
          --
          Jeff Farmer
          HS 3, HSPhone
          My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
          Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Hmmm... I didn't have to do that here. The reimport took care of all of it. Maybe I'm running something a little different than most.
            |
            | - Gordon

"I'm a Man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess." - Man's Prayer, Possum Lodge, The Red Green Show
            HiddenGemStudio.com - MaineMusicians.org - CunninghamCreativeMaine.website

Comment

Is there a way to delete the data in the tvlistings database without using msaccess?

Thanks!

Comment

Go to the admin page and selecte a date from the dropdown labeled "Delete Date and ReImport".
                --
                Jeff Farmer
                HS 3, HSPhone
                My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
                Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

I finally got it to work correctly by hand editing my tv_grab_na_dd.conf file to change the timezone from -0600 (MDT) to -0700 (MST). Funny thing is, I ran xmltv --configure, it kept the timezone as -0600 in the file even after I typed -0700 when prompted.

Also, there are two copies of the .conf file, one in /xmltv/.xmltv folder, one in /xmltv. Both of them seemed to be required, since if I deleted one and kept the other, xmltv would not work. Both had to be hand edited for the timzone.

Comment

*** UPDATED AT BOTTOM OF POST ***

firtha, CFGuy,

Modifying the two instances of tv_grab_na_dd.conf to reflect the 1 hour offset corrected the problem.

I think I'll set up an event to call a batch file to copy the file annually. Optimistic, aren't I? LOL

Thanks for your help, and this great add-on to homeseer!

UPDATE!

The zap2it labs web forums mention that xmltv's TZ setting is not actually a time zone setting per se, but an offset. xmltv does not factor changing time zones, it just adds or subtracts the offset from the UTC time that they publish the data with.

Hope this data is useful to someone!

Comment

Working...
                    X