HSTV Data Input Errors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HSTV Data Input Errors

I am getting the following errors most every night when HSTV does its updates. In searching the board, it appears that a few users were getting these errors as a result of the database getting to large. I have run the tool to compact the database, but I still get these errors nightly. The other thing that is odd is that these errors occur around 1AM, and my HSTV Download and Import events are setup to run at around 5AM. I also get a set of these errors at the expected time of ~5AM. Is there something else that has worked to correct this?

7/9/2008 1:12:28 AM HSTV Error Select Query: Operation is not allowed when the object is open.
    7/9/2008 1:12:28 AM HSTV Error Query: SELECT top 1 c.channelID, c.channelNickName, c.channelName, c.channelNumber, s.starttime, l.endtime, l.title, l.episode, l.category, l.description FROM scheduledFavs s, tvListings l, tvChannels c WHERE s.starttime > Now() And s.channelID = l.channelID And s.starttime = l.starttime And l.channelID = c.channelID And s.isActive = 1 ORDER BY s.starttime
    7/9/2008 1:12:28 AM HSTV Error Query: SELECT top 1 c.channelID, c.channelNickName, c.channelName, c.channelNumber, s.starttime, l.endtime, l.title, l.episode, l.category, l.description FROM scheduledFavs s, tvListings l, tvChannels c WHERE s.starttime > Now() And s.channelID = l.channelID And s.starttime = l.starttime And l.channelID = c.channelID And s.isActive = 1 ORDER BY s.starttime
    7/9/2008 1:12:28 AM HSTV Error Select Query: Operation is not allowed when the object is closed.
    7/9/2008 1:12:28 AM HSTV Error Select Query: Operation is not allowed when the object is open.
    Last edited by automateme; July 9, 2008, 04:15 PM.

An additional thing that I have found that I don't know if it is related.

My database is only about 60MB when I get the errors, but my "listings" folder is about 700MB. It looks like all of the tv_grab_na_dd200...xml files have be saved everyday since the middle of last year. Is there a process that should purge these?

Comment

I had these files pile up at one time. I think HSTV might be trying to import all it finds. Your data import may not be completing. Just delete the obsolete files and see what happens next update. I also keek a backup copy of an empty database on hand just in case. It could be corrupted.
      Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

Comment

Originally posted by Wadenut View Post
        I had these files pile up at one time. I think HSTV might be trying to import all it finds. Your data import may not be completing. Just delete the obsolete files and see what happens next update. I also keek a backup copy of an empty database on hand just in case. It could be corrupted.
        Thanks! I deleted all but today's download. I'll see what happens during the scheduled download tomorrow early AM.

Comment

After deleting all of the old tv_grab...xml files, I don't get the errors that I mentioned in the previous post. The only two errors that remain are:

<TABLE cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>7/11/2008 4:52:55 AM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 align=left colSpan=3>HSTV </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 align=left colSpan=8>Trigger Expire Date: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>7/11/2008 5:37:20 AM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 align=left colSpan=3>HSTV </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 align=left colSpan=8>Error Import Cleanup: String cannot be of zero length.Parameter name: oldValue</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Comment

Check your events and see if you have an event that is set to trigger on:
            HSTV: Data Subscription Expires in 14 days

Is there a valid number for days? Is the event active or inactive?

--
            Jeff Farmer
            HS 3, HSPhone
            My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
            Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Originally posted by CFGuy View Post
              Check your events and see if you have an event that is set to trigger on:
              HSTV: Data Subscription Expires in 14 days

Is there a valid number for days? Is the event active or inactive?

Jeff, I do not have that event. These are the only HSTV related events:

HSTV Download XML Files 4:46 AM Everyday Run script: &hs.Plugin("HSTV").dataDownload()

HSTV Import Data 5:32 AM Everyday Run script: &hs.Plugin("HSTV").dataInsert()

HSTV Import XML FIles 5:02 AM Everyday Run script: &hs.Plugin("HSTV").dataImport()

There is also an event to set the device strings, but that is disabled.

Comment

Jeff, Should there be a job to delete the old tv_grab...xml files? After deleting the ones that had accumulated since the middle of last year, my import errors disappeared. In checking my Listings folder today, I see that they are adding up every day again.

Comment

Yes, the Import Data event should be deleting the old XML files. The error is either happening somewhere before the delete.

Look in the XMLTV setup in admin and make sure you have a number for:
                  The Number Of Days Ahead To Get Listings For

Also on the General Admin make sure there is a number for:
                  Number Of Days History To Keep
                  and
                  Number Of Days Ahead To Create Events

If none of those are blank then do this:
                  Go into the HSTV General admin and set the debugging level to the highest setting. Let it that way overnight, them make sure you change it back the next day as it will fill your log with lots of entries.
                  Once the import has ran with debugging on, look through the log for the errors. Grab the error and a few entries before and after the error. That should help me narrow down where the error is happening.
                  --
                  Jeff Farmer
                  HS 3, HSPhone
                  Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Thanks Jeff,

All of those fields were populated. For some reason, I had my Number of Days History to Keep set at 7. I changed it to 1, and will turn on debugging for tonights run.

Comment

Jeff,

After turning on debugging, here is what I am seeing. Let me know if you need any other information. The old downloaded XML files remained after last nights run.

At the 4:46AM "HSTV Download XML Files" Event:

7/16/2008 4:46:00 AM HSTV tv_grab_na_dd20080721.xml already exists. Skipping download.
                      7/16/2008 4:46:00 AM HSTV tv_grab_na_dd20080716.xml already exists. Skipping download.
                      7/16/2008 4:46:00 AM HSTV SELECT top 1 c.channelID, c.channelNickName, c.channelName, c.channelNumber, s.starttime,
                      l.endtime, l.title, l.episode, l.category, l.description FROM scheduledFavs s, tvListings l, tvChannels c WHERE s.starttime
                      > Now() And s.channelID = l.channelID And s.starttime = l.starttime And l.channelID = c.channelID And s.isActive = 1 ORDER
                      BY s.starttime
                      7/16/2008 4:46:00 AM HSTV Checking for Scheduled Actions
                      7/16/2008 4:46:00 AM HSTV Running xmltv.exe tv_grab_na_dd --days 1 --offset 6 --output "C:\Program
                      Files\HomeSeer\data\hstv\listings\tv_grab_na_dd20080722.xml
                      7/16/2008 4:46:00 AM HSTV tv_grab_na_dd20080719.xml already exists. Skipping download.
                      7/16/2008 4:46:00 AM HSTV Data Import: Downloading XML files.
                      7/16/2008 4:46:00 AM HSTV tv_grab_na_dd20080717.xml already exists. Skipping download.
                      7/16/2008 4:46:00 AM HSTV tv_grab_na_dd20080718.xml already exists. Skipping download.
                      7/16/2008 4:46:00 AM HSTV tv_grab_na_dd20080720.xml already exists. Skipping download.
                      7/16/2008 4:47:00 AM HSTV Checking for Scheduled Actions
                      7/16/2008 4:47:00 AM HSTV SELECT top 1 c.channelID, c.channelNickName, c.channelName, c.channelNumber, s.starttime,
                      l.endtime, l.title, l.episode, l.category, l.description FROM scheduledFavs s, tvListings l, tvChannels c WHERE s.starttime
                      > Now() And s.channelID = l.channelID And s.starttime = l.starttime And l.channelID = c.channelID And s.isActive = 1 ORDER
                      BY s.starttime
                      7/16/2008 4:47:10 AM HSTV Running xmltv.exe tv_grab_na_dd --dd-data "C:\Program Files\HomeSeer\data\hstv\ddmessages.xml "
                      --list-lineups
                      7/16/2008 4:47:18 AM HSTV Your subscription will expire: 2009-06-18
                      7/16/2008 4:47:18 AM HSTV Trigger Expire Date: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
                      7/16/2008 4:48:00 AM HSTV Checking for Scheduled Actions
                      7/16/2008 4:48:00 AM HSTV SELECT top 1 c.channelID, c.channelNickName, c.channelName, c.channelNumber, s.starttime,
                      BY s.starttime
                      7/16/2008 4:49:00 AM HSTV SELECT top 1 c.channelID, c.channelNickName, c.channelName, c.channelNumber, s.starttime,
                      BY s.starttime

At the 5:02AM "HSTV Import XML Files" Event:

7/16/2008 5:01:00 AM HSTV Checking for Scheduled Actions
                      7/16/2008 5:01:00 AM HSTV SELECT top 1 c.channelID, c.channelNickName, c.channelName, c.channelNumber, s.starttime,
                      BY s.starttime
                      7/16/2008 5:02:00 AM HSTV Starting import of file: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer\data\hstv\listings\tv_grab_na_dd20080716.xml
                      7/16/2008 5:02:00 AM HSTV SELECT top 1 c.channelID, c.channelNickName, c.channelName, c.channelNumber, s.starttime,
                      BY s.starttime
                      7/16/2008 5:02:00 AM HSTV Checking for Scheduled Actions
                      7/16/2008 5:02:00 AM HSTV sql=DELETE * FROM tvImport
                      7/16/2008 5:02:00 AM HSTV Data Import: Importing XML files.
                      7/16/2008 5:02:00 AM HSTV Deleting records from tvImport table.
                      7/16/2008 5:02:00 AM HSTV SELECT rating, ratingID FROM tvRatings WHERE ratingID = 0
                      7/16/2008 5:02:01 AM HSTV sql=INSERT INTO tvImport (channelID, channelname, channelnum, starttime, endtime, title, vrTitle,
                      episode, description, category, episodenum, audio, subtitles, ratingsystem, rating, ratingadvisory, videoaspect,
                      videocolor, starrating, actors, guests, director, producers, hosts, repeatshowing, programyear, channelDownload,
                      configfile, viewhide) VALUES (I10035.labs.zap2it.com,AETV,265,#2008/07/16 12:00:00#,#2008/07/16 13:00:00#,The Sopranos,The
                      Sopranos,Down Neck,Tonys son is found to have attention-deficit disorder.,Crime
                      drama,EP00290992.0007,stereo,teletext,VCHIP,TV-14,Adult Situations,Graphic Language,Nudity,Graphic
                      Violence,Null,Null,Null,James Gandolfini,Lorraine Bracco,Edie Falco,Michael Imperioli,Nancy Marchand,Dominic
                      Chianese,Vincent Pastore,Tony Sirico,Steven Van Zandt,Jamie-Lynn Sigler,Robert Iler,Jerry Adler,John Ventimiglia,Katherine
                      Narducci,John Heard,Anthony DeSando,,Michele DeCesare,,Lorraine Senna,David Chase,,Null,0,1999,1,tv_grab_na_dd,0)

At the 5:32AM "HSTV Import Data" Event:

7/16/2008 5:31:00 AM HSTV Checking for Scheduled Actions
                      7/16/2008 5:31:00 AM HSTV SELECT top 1 c.channelID, c.channelNickName, c.channelName, c.channelNumber, s.starttime,
                      BY s.starttime
                      7/16/2008 5:32:00 AM HSTV Data Import: Starting data insert.
                      7/16/2008 5:32:00 AM HSTV Starting data cleanup and listings import.
                      7/16/2008 5:32:00 AM HSTV SELECT Count(channelID) FROM tvListings WHERE starttime < #2008/07/15#
                      7/16/2008 5:32:00 AM HSTV Checking for Scheduled Actions
                      7/16/2008 5:32:00 AM HSTV SELECT top 1 c.channelID, c.channelNickName, c.channelName, c.channelNumber, s.starttime,
                      BY s.starttime
                      7/16/2008 5:32:00 AM HSTV Error Query: SELECT top 1 c.channelID, c.channelNickName, c.channelName, c.channelNumber,
                      s.starttime, l.endtime, l.title, l.episode, l.category, l.description FROM scheduledFavs s, tvListings l, tvChannels c
                      WHERE s.starttime > Now() And s.channelID = l.channelID And s.starttime = l.starttime And l.channelID = c.channelID And
                      s.isActive = 1 ORDER BY s.starttime
                      7/16/2008 5:32:00 AM HSTV Error Select Query: Operation is not allowed when the object is open.
                      7/16/2008 5:32:00 AM HSTV Error Query: SELECT Count(channelID) FROM tvListings WHERE starttime < #2008/07/15#
                      7/16/2008 5:32:00 AM HSTV Error Select Query: Operation is not allowed when the object is closed.
                      7/16/2008 5:32:00 AM HSTV Error Import Cleanup: Operation is not allowed when the object is closed.
                      7/16/2008 5:33:00 AM HSTV Checking for Scheduled Actions
                      7/16/2008 5:33:00 AM HSTV SELECT top 1 c.channelID, c.channelNickName, c.channelName, c.channelNumber, s.starttime,
                      BY s.starttime

Comment

Do you know how to open Access and run a query?

You are getting an error with one of the queries that I can run in my database with no errors.

The query is:

SELECT top 1 c.channelID, c.channelNickName, c.channelName, c.channelNumber,
                        s.starttime, l.endtime, l.title, l.episode, l.category, l.description FROM scheduledFavs s, tvListings l, tvChannels c
                        WHERE s.starttime > Now() And s.channelID = l.channelID And s.starttime = l.starttime And l.channelID = c.channelID And
                        s.isActive = 1 ORDER BY s.starttime

If you can run that and tell me the error that Access gives, I should be able to figure out why it's erroring.
                        --
                        Jeff Farmer
                        HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

Jeff,

I'm not so much an Access guy, but I think that I muddled through it. I opened the database in Access. I went into Objects/Queries. I then created a new Select Query in the SQL View. I pasted the query from your post into the window and saved it. When I opened the query, it did not generate an error. It simply opened up an empty table with all of the fields (ChannelID, ChannelNickName, ChannelName, etc.)

Comment

Jeff,

I noticed that my "Import XML Files" event was running right up until a minute or so before the "Import Data" event. I wonder if there was not enough time for the database to close before the Import Data event tried to start - possibly causing errors. In any case, I found that since DirecTV had changed the lineup around, I had a lot of additional channels that I did not want to download data for. I also found that I had a lot of duplicate channels - the Standard Def and High Def versions, that are associated with the same channel number. I went through and cleaned up all of this, so I should be downloading/importing a lot less data. On last nights run, these are the only two errors that still remain:

<TABLE cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>7/17/2008 4:47:19 AM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 align=left colSpan=3>HSTV </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 align=left colSpan=8>Trigger Expire Date: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>7/17/2008 5:35:00 AM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 align=left colSpan=3>HSTV </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 align=left colSpan=8>Error Import Cleanup: String cannot be of zero length.Parameter name: oldValue</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Also, the old XML files, in the listings folder, are still not being removed.

Comment

I have figured out the first one and have a fix for it. But it was not causing any problems. It was basically just saying that you don't have an event setup to warn you when your subscription is getting close to expiring.
                              --
                              Jeff Farmer
                              HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

Working...
                              X