Still Going?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still Going?

My wife has wondered aloud if it's possible to get the TV guide on our touchscreens, instead of just the TV's.

This is the only thing I see within HS that might do it but there has been so little movement in this thread I wonder if it's still a valid package?

A couple of questions please, if anyone is still here.

Is this still functioning with current HS release version?

Can it be used with a Schedules Direct account I already have for my PVR program?

Is it possible to show it reasonably in HST, considering, I assume, it's made up of HTML pages?

Any one still using this, a quick response would be appreciated.
    Marty
    ------
    XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2
    Playing with HS3 a bit but it's just play at this point.

The package is great. I use it daily.
    Can't comment on the touch screen aspect or your SD account.
    Probably best to just try it.

Comment

As long as I know it's still functioning I don't mind giving it a shot, thanks for the update!
      Marty
      ------
      XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2

Comment

I'm using this in my HS Touch screen. The only problem is I cannot get the button that is suppose to scroll up to work. The slider works fine and the scroll down button works. I believe I tried every variation possible and cannot get a scroll up button to work.
        John

Comment

If I ever get it working maybe between the two of us we'll figure it out. Right now I'm stuck trying to figure out why it's not downloading schedules. It's been a long time and I've forgotten what a pain xmltv is.
          Marty
          ------

Comment

the hstv plugin is one of the advance plugin i have use in my homeseer system for years now. night walker, just take your time an install the plugin. you will enjoy it.

Comment

I'm busy now going over the doc's, for some reason I can't get it to download the schedule. It seems to start, it connects, it recognizes that I'm a member and tells me when my account is good to but than doesn't download anything.

Back to the doc's
              Marty
              ------

Comment

I finally got the download straightened out and working. Now I'm being tripped up by something called user ratings.

Does anyone know where I find the page to set this up?
                Marty
                ------

Comment

Marty:

It's confusing, and I had trouble with this, as CFGuy defaults the ratings to nothing, if I remember correctly. At any rate try this

SETUP--
                  INTERFACES--
                  Under HSTV there are two links, go to HSTV ADMIN--
                  USERS
                  hit the radio button for the user you are going to tweak, hit the EDIT button and hopefully you can edit the ratings that user is allowed to see.

Hope this helps...

Originally posted by nightwalker View Post
                  I finally got the download straightened out and working. Now I'm being tripped up by something called user ratings.

Does anyone know where I find the page to set this up?
                  Don

Comment

I'll give it a shot, thanks.

I know I've been that that screen a couple of times and didn't see it, doesn't mean it's not there. HSTV seems to put a lot of buttons on the screen at once.

I'm finding this to be a fairly comlicated setup.
                    Marty
                    ------

Comment

Making some progress, I did finally find the ratings page and got that straightened out. there must be something else I've missed as I still don't get listings. Stumbling around I do notice that i get the error

Error Select: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

everytime I push the channel selector button. I assume I've missed a setup somewhere yet.

I'm thinking it's going to be a lot easier to pin the TV page on the kitchen wall next to the touchscreen.
                      Marty
                      ------

Comment

I got pretty confused when I tried to set HSTV up for the first time. Are you starting from scratch, or did you have it working at one time?

If you go to help, is there a link to the HSTV help page? If so, are you following that? If worse comes to worse, you can try to contact the author, but he is going to school, and is pretty busy.

AIM: homeseeruser

Originally posted by nightwalker View Post
                        Making some progress, I did finally find the ratings page and got that straightened out. there must be something else I've missed as I still don't get listings. Stumbling around I do notice that i get the error

Error Select: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

everytime I push the channel selector button. I assume I've missed a setup somewhere yet.

I'm thinking it's going to be a lot easier to pin the TV page on the kitchen wall next to the touchscreen.
                        Don

Comment

This is a first time for HSTV so yeah, I'm a bit confused yet. There is a section of help for HSTV that i'm going through line by line, it has a few holes though. It has sections for admin and users and it's been very helpfull so far, there's just a lot to this.
                          Marty
                          ------

Comment

Thanks for reminding me... my SD subscription expires soon. Need to renew.
                            Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

Comment

Originally posted by Wadenut View Post
                              Thanks for reminding me... my SD subscription expires soon. Need to renew.
                              Glad I was of some use, now, how do I get to the screen that sets up user channels?
                              Marty
                              ------

Comment

Working...
                              X