How do you use this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you use this?

I have finally gotten HSTV installed and working. I think I see the workings and what it can do, on the surface anyway. I do think the docs are a bit light for a plug-in of this complexity but that's another story.

My PVR program, on another system, takes care of most if not all of what I see in here. I can see where a quick and easy reminder of something I wanted to see might be handy but my main point in installing this was to try and show a TV Guide in HST for my wife.

As a HST user I really hate having to drop to HTML to show things, it's just not seamless but I have gotten the guide to show in HST, but it's fugly!

Does anyone know of a way to show just the guide, without all the HS and HSTV buttons, just the guide? Failing that maybe just the HSTV buttons along with the guide?

One other question for current users, I notice that I can have a channel or channels shown in a HS device, I'm not sure why or what I'd do with that capability?

Is anyone trying to interface this a bit with HST, I'd sure like to hear about it if you are!
    Marty
    ------
    XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2
    Playing with HS3 a bit but it's just play at this point.

I insert the web page into HS Touch along with a button that brings up a remote control ontop of that page for adjusting volume or going up and down one channel at a time.
    Attached Files
    John

Comment

One other question for current users, I notice that I can have a channel or channels shown in a HS device, I'm not sure why or what I'd do with that capability?
      When I was using Mainlobby and HSTV, I used the devices for my TV page.
      Make a button for each channel, then make a text box that will change with the press of the channel buttons.
      That way you click on say, the Scifi channel button and the text box will reveal whats on at that time.
      It doesn't give a heads up on what's on the next hour but it's ok.
      I made the devices update every 30 mins.

Tim
      FB Page - https://www.facebook.com/pages/Capt-Tim/209398425902188

HSTouch Layouts - https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...5902188&type=3

Comment

Originally posted by fungun View Post
        When I was using Mainlobby and HSTV, I used the devices for my TV page.
        Make a button for each channel, then make a text box that will change with the press of the channel buttons.
        That way you click on say, the Scifi channel button and the text box will reveal whats on at that time.
        It doesn't give a heads up on what's on the next hour but it's ok.
        I made the devices update every 30 mins.

Tim
        That's not a bad idea at all in case I don't do well adjusting the css file to make the whole guide to look right. I know that would work.

Excellent tip, Thanks.
        Marty
        ------
        XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2

Comment

Originally posted by johnnybwis View Post
          I insert the web page into HS Touch along with a button that brings up a remote control ontop of that page for adjusting volume or going up and down one channel at a time.
          I see you're having the same problem as I am, the guide itself is just too big, considering it's a touchscreen and you're standing in front of it.

I found this link in one of the long ago threads

http://xxx.xxx.x.x:xx/hstv?pg=listings&hstyle=7

I works most of the time to not show the HS buttons, just the HSTV, makes it a lot less crowded on the screen. It works most of the time but first time you start up a touch screen it almost always shows the permissions screen as well as the guide. If you press the button for listings it straightens out and is usually fine after that.

Of course I'd rather it worked every time.
          Marty
          ------

Comment

Originally posted by nightwalker View Post
            I see you're having the same problem as I am, the guide itself is just too big, considering it's a touchscreen and you're standing in front of it.
            Boy... thanks, I didn't know I was having a problem. My screens are all 10" and I just turned fifty. I am usually just interested in what is on at the moment. I can then press the Icon and tune to that channel. I think if you adjust your browser properties you can change the font size there and it changes the font size in the HS Touch browser.
            John

Comment

hehe, well that didn't come out quite the way I meant it.

I'm going to play with a custom css file and see if I get anywhere. I had to do the same thing to get Jon00' graphs to show correctly. Failing that I guess I'll just use devices and roll my own so to speak. Like you I don't care much about what's on later, just right now.
              Marty
              ------

Comment

I've managed to get the guide to show sort of reasonably. I used the link I found in a post from long ago, http://xxx.xxx.x.x:xx/hstv?pg=listings&hstyle=7 and it works most of the time to cut out the HS header.

If no one pushes the arrows to move to the next time period it's great. If someone does move to the next time period than I lose that setting and it goes back to showing the HS Header.

Does anyone have any idea about how to keep that setting as it's moved through the time periods?

Maybe if Jeff looks in here he might know?

It would be a great feature to have as an option, to not show the HS Headers and Footers.
                Attached Files
                Marty
                ------

Comment

So those screens are done with HS Touch?
                  They look awesome.

I'll take a look and see if I can figure out what is up. It is supposed to remember the hstyle value and carry it along to every page.

These are the current values to change the looks.
                  Large Displays: /hstv?hstyle=2
                  Touchpad style: /hstv?hStyle=5
                  PocketSeer style: /hstv?hStyle=6
                  Style Sheet only: /hstv?hStyle=3
                  No headers: /hstv?hStyle=7
                  --
                  Jeff Farmer
                  HS 3, HSPhone
                  My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
                  Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

By the way, if I haven't said so before, HSTV is a real work of art.

Thanks Jeff.
                    Don

Comment

Originally posted by CFGuy View Post
                      So those screens are done with HS Touch?
                      They look awesome.

I'll take a look and see if I can figure out what is up. It is supposed to remember the hstyle value and carry it along to every page.

These are the current values to change the looks.
                      Large Displays: /hstv?hstyle=2
                      Touchpad style: /hstv?hStyle=5
                      PocketSeer style: /hstv?hStyle=6
                      Style Sheet only: /hstv?hStyle=3
                      No headers: /hstv?hStyle=7
                      Thanks Jeff, I'll make a note of those, they could come in handy. Just for your information using the hStyle=7 is consistent throughout and holds, the only place it doesn't hold is when moving a time slot by clicking on the arrows or the time, other than that, like going through settings or one of the other button selections, it holds fine.
                      Marty
                      ------

Comment

I found the problem.

Believe it or not, I made a mistake.

The part that checks the url and form variables are case sensitive and I had the case wrong. So the code was there to carry it along with the arrows but it was never activating.

I made the change and tested it here and it is working. I'll zip it up and attach it for download tomorrow.
                        --
                        Jeff Farmer
                        HS 3, HSPhone
                        My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
                        Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Pretty lame question, I guess, but how do you associate a slider with the html in order to navigate HSTV?
                          Don

Comment

Originally posted by CFGuy View Post
                            I found the problem.

Believe it or not, I made a mistake.

The part that checks the url and form variables are case sensitive and I had the case wrong. So the code was there to carry it along with the arrows but it was never activating.

I made the change and tested it here and it is working. I'll zip it up and attach it for download tomorrow.
                            No way, not the dreaded bug.

Excellent news Jeff, thank you very much!
                            Marty
                            ------

Comment

Originally posted by donstephens View Post
                              Pretty lame question, I guess, but how do you associate a slider with the html in order to navigate HSTV?
                              It's not so different from doing it for a light really, except you set it for an element (the text box) instead of a device.
                              Attached Files
                              Marty
                              ------

Comment

Working...
                              X