Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New lineup queston, need a little assistance.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nightwalker
    replied
    Apparently I deleted more than I really needed to getting it back to something managable, but it's done now and back in the pink!

Leave a comment:

• CFGuy
    replied
    I wanted to test the above idea so I deleted all the channels in the tvChannels table. Then ran the events to download and import the data. It added all the new channels. You do lose the settings for the image and any virtual devices you had setup, but you can add them back with the new channels.
    Then run through the user settings to make sure everything is set the way you wanted.

Leave a comment:

• nightwalker
    replied
    Oh sure, now you show up.

Seriously it's not that the channels were not showing up, it was that since I went to a completely different provider there were not 2585 new channels showing along with the old channels still there. At least from my perspective, since i didn't really have a complicated setup it ended up being easier to just reset it all and get rid of the old channels and only have to deal with the new ones.

If I had a more complicated setup I might have gone a different way.

Leave a comment:

• CFGuy
    replied
    I'm not sure why the new channels wouldn't show up on the channel editor unless the channel ID is the same.

For others who might be having this problem, I would suggest that rather than deleting the entire database, try deleting all the data in the tvChannels table. Then run the import event and see if the channels get added. Once they are showing on the channel editor, you most likely would need to go through the admin screens for your users and select which channels they are allowed to choose from. Then each user would need to re-select the channels they actually want in their lineup.

Leave a comment:

• nightwalker
    replied
    I think we're all guessing about what will work.

I think I got it but this solution may not be for everyone depending on how complicated your setup is.

I deleted the "tv_grab_na_dd.conf" file and did the xmltv setup again. This allowed it to make sure it was only downloading the shows from the current lineup.

I shut down HS and deleted the hstv database and replaced it with the empty database from the hstv3 install file. I re-did my setup. Things are now back to being as they should be. Granted I have a very simple setup of HSTV, I really only use it to allow my wife to pop-up a TV Guide on a HST screen. Those with complicated setups with recordings, and reminders etc may not want to do this.

It's not a perfect solution for everyone but it has worked for me to get rid of all the old channels that were clogging up the channel selection screens. Before there were wrong channel numbers pointing to wrong station callsigns etc.

Hopefully the next time Jeff gets on here he can detail the correct procedure to approach a new channel lineup when you switch TV providers.

Leave a comment:

• johnnybwis
    replied
    Originally posted by nightwalker View Post
    If I shut down HS I can open it, until then it's locked. It may work to edit it to get rid of stations but that goes back to the same problem, there are about 3000 of them in there that would have to be edited manually.
    I just think it would be a lot easier to delete out a bunch of rows in the table. Thats if it works the way you want and it also keeps them out of the HSTV webview. I would delete out chunk and see what happens. And maybe first make a copy of the original database.

All those stations must take a while to download??

Oh and Im just guessing here so please do not hold me responsible for any bad stuff.

Leave a comment:

• nightwalker
    replied
    If I shut down HS I can open it, until then it's locked. It may work to edit it to get rid of stations but that goes back to the same problem, there are about 3000 of them in there that would have to be edited manually.

Leave a comment:

• johnnybwis
    replied
    Originally posted by nightwalker View Post
    Changing the logging didn't really do anything but give me lots of entries in my HS log about HSTV. I tried deleting and re-creating the conf file, no differance. I tried deleting the database, but it doesn't get recreated at startup, so nothing worked and I could find no way to create one, I suppose it's created during the setup.

The only way I see to do this is to manually go in and compare what I have now, with what I used to have and delete channels and rename others. This will take weeks and weeks. It just can't be the only way.

Now that I think about it, there is an empty database in the install files. I wonder what would happen if I dropped that in there?
    Can you open the database? I would try removing channels from there. If you delete it you will lose some of the configurations you have set

Leave a comment:

• nightwalker
    replied
    Changing the logging didn't really do anything but give me lots of entries in my HS log about HSTV. I tried deleting and re-creating the conf file, no differance. I tried deleting the database, but it doesn't get recreated at startup, so nothing worked and I could find no way to create one, I suppose it's created during the setup.

The only way I see to do this is to manually go in and compare what I have now, with what I used to have and delete channels and rename others. This will take weeks and weeks. It just can't be the only way.

Now that I think about it, there is an empty database in the install files. I wonder what would happen if I dropped that in there?

Leave a comment:

• johnnybwis
    replied
    Originally posted by wayneway View Post
    nightwalker,I never had that problem but some years back i read post about hstv data files geting too big. try this go in to hstv admin general options change form LOWLEVEL LOGGING to
    HIGHLEVEL LOGGING, see if that help. one more did you upgrade from hs 2 to hs pro.
    I think they were talking about compacting the database which I just did reducing it from almost a gig to 5 megs.

I see I still have some really old channels in my lineup. Its not a big deal but I could try to delete them from the database. If that would be easier?

Unfortunately I am out of time tonight to do that - close h/s move the file to a machine that has access, delete records and then re-import all the data.

Leave a comment:

• nightwalker
    replied
    Originally posted by wayneway View Post
    nightwalker,I never had that problem but some years back i read post about hstv data files geting too big. try this go in to hstv admin general options change form LOWLEVEL LOGGING to
    HIGHLEVEL LOGGING, see if that help. one more did you upgrade from hs 2 to hs pro.
    There's something I haven't tried. I'll give it a shot and see. For now I'm staying at HS Standard so nothing has changed, only my TV lineup.

Leave a comment:

• wayneway
    replied
    hstv

Leave a comment:

• nightwalker
    replied
    Yes, many times. It only gives one option when starting and that's weather or not to add new found channels, yes or no. I seem to recall in the initial setup you had to put in your username, password, the name of your schedule, and I think an offset number. Maybe it's the config file I need to delete and hope gets re-created. I just don't understand why the old channels are still clogging up HSTV.

Leave a comment:

• johnnybwis
    replied
    have you tried selecting the configure xmltv button in the screen shot? I am having problems getting new channels to appear and that seemed to help.

Leave a comment:

• nightwalker
    replied
    I don't want to be a pain here and maybe I'm just not getting it so, I appoligise up front but, I've also been to that screen and I'd have to go through some 1500 entries for each schedule, the old one that is still in there and the new one that is downloading. Is there no way to get rid of the old entries or do they just stay there forever. Heaven help me if I go to another provider. It also seems like HSTV only supports so many entries as a lot of the new channels while showing up in the channel listing xml file have yet to make it to the channel page that you show. If I go in and delete an old un-used channel completely then another of the new ones will show. This alone could take weeks to go through and compare my new guide to my old guide so I can figure out what's what and delete the old ones.

Do you think just deleting the database and re-downloading the schedule would let me start with just the current entries? I hesitate to try it for fear that it won't re-create the database and I'll be even worse off.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X