Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New lineup queston, need a little assistance.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New lineup queston, need a little assistance.

Comcast has changed things around yet again. they've severely restricted the analog channels and moved most to digital. I went to schedules direct and deleted the old lineup and used the new digital lineup, so far so good.

My problem is, i can't get any of it to show in HSTV, it's still showing the old lineup, even though when I look at the channel selector, the new line up is all there. Looking at users they are also all there and checked to show.

Is there something else I'm supposed to be doing to get them to display when someone calls for the TV Listings?
    Marty
    ------
    XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2
    Playing with HS3 a bit but it's just play at this point.

No one?

I'm thinking that I have to delete the whole old lineup and re-setup the new one. Damn if i can find where to do either of those, if that's what I have to do?
    Marty
    ------
    XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2

Comment

Yeah, I tried making some changes today also and am having the same problems.
      John

Comment

Originally posted by nightwalker View Post
        No one?

I'm thinking that I have to delete the whole old lineup and re-setup the new one. Damn if i can find where to do either of those, if that's what I have to do?
        Did you figure this out? I was just trying to make some changes and add the local Digital channels. They would not import to HSTV. The other digital ones did show up such as espnHD, bravoHD, etc.
        John

Comment

I haven't yet no, it's happily downloading lists of channels from my former provider.
          Marty
          ------

Comment

Can no one help here? There must have been others that have changed TV providers and had to do this. Do I just delete the database, some setting I have to change, some config that needs to be done? Scrap the whole damned thing and just read the TV page in the paper?
            Marty
            ------

Comment

hstv

configure the xmltv, an answer yes to the new line up.

Comment

any chance you could be just a bit more specific. I've been trying to figure out how to re-configure the xmltv for weeks.

I've looked at the xmltv files, the tv_grab_na_dd.conf and all the listings files for the individual days. Those files list the channels correctly. It's in the HSTV pages that things are a mess. The old channels are still all there, some of the new ones are but the call sign and channels are either wrong or duplicated, it's just a mess at the moment.
                Last edited by nightwalker; September 19, 2009, 09:09 PM.
                Marty
                ------

Comment

hstv

nightwalker, first update the xmltv0.5.56.then open the hstv admin,then the intergration,then the xmltv, run the xmltv configure. read the line for new lineup an answer yes .
                  Attached Files

Comment

So many times I've gone to that screen and tried it. I get exactly the same thing shown on your example. I assume that part worked because it did add new channels that were found, what it doesn't seem to do it get rid of the old lineup channels on the HSTV screens. Is there a way to get it to remove everything and just show the channels I really get?
                    Marty
                    ------

Comment

hstv

nightwalker,if you want to disable channel you dont want, go to the channel editor an uncheck then.
                      Attached Files

Comment

I don't want to be a pain here and maybe I'm just not getting it so, I appoligise up front but, I've also been to that screen and I'd have to go through some 1500 entries for each schedule, the old one that is still in there and the new one that is downloading. Is there no way to get rid of the old entries or do they just stay there forever. Heaven help me if I go to another provider. It also seems like HSTV only supports so many entries as a lot of the new channels while showing up in the channel listing xml file have yet to make it to the channel page that you show. If I go in and delete an old un-used channel completely then another of the new ones will show. This alone could take weeks to go through and compare my new guide to my old guide so I can figure out what's what and delete the old ones.

Do you think just deleting the database and re-downloading the schedule would let me start with just the current entries? I hesitate to try it for fear that it won't re-create the database and I'll be even worse off.
                        Marty
                        ------

Comment

have you tried selecting the configure xmltv button in the screen shot? I am having problems getting new channels to appear and that seemed to help.
                          John

Comment

Yes, many times. It only gives one option when starting and that's weather or not to add new found channels, yes or no. I seem to recall in the initial setup you had to put in your username, password, the name of your schedule, and I think an offset number. Maybe it's the config file I need to delete and hope gets re-created. I just don't understand why the old channels are still clogging up HSTV.
                            Marty
                            ------

Comment

hstv

nightwalker,I never had that problem but some years back i read post about hstv data files geting too big. try this go in to hstv admin general options change form LOWLEVEL LOGGING to
                              HIGHLEVEL LOGGING, see if that help. one more did you upgrade from hs 2 to hs pro.

Comment

Working...
                              X