LEDAM error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LEDAM error

As part of the "watch" event, HSTV can send current channel information to the LEDAM. Once the message is sent it continues to repeat. How do I get it to stop???

I don't have a LEDAM, so how would you get a different message to stop scrolling? Is there a parameter that needs sent to tell it to stop after a certain number of times?
    --
    Jeff Farmer
    HS 3, HSPhone
    My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
    Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

There must be.

here is the command line for the CNN alerts script that seems to run a couple times and then disappear.

hs.plugin("LEDAM").SendMessage("msg", "{5reg}{green}This Is A CNN Headline Breaking News Alert....{7reg}{Yellow}" & msg, "start", 60, 3, 5, 0)

Comment

On the page where you setup the control item.

The one with the table title of "Control Item Plugin Setup for Ledam", what value do you have for the parameter labeled Repeat Count?
        And for Delete After Display did you select Yes or No?
        --
        Jeff Farmer
        HS 3, HSPhone
        Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Repeat Count = 2

Delete after Display - Yes

Comment

I'm going to add some code that will save to the log file, the exact string that hstv is outputing for the event.
            Then we can compare it to the one you posted for the CNN script.
            --
            Jeff Farmer
            HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

perfect. Today is a "play" with HS day.

Comment

any luck with comparing the two?

Comment

Jeff,

Did you ever get a chance to update the code that will write the LEDAM string to the log so we can compare it to one that doesn't continue to loop?

Thanks again for this great plugin. - still one of my favorites.

Bill

Comment

Sorry for being away for so long.

My father-in-law was in the hospital for 6 weeks during late October and November. We tried to spend as much time as possible at the hospital which didn't leave much time to hang out here. He passed away the sunday before Thanksgiving. Since then I have been catching up with school and truthfully, just didn't feel like messing with HSTV.

I did get the change made so the output to trigger the plugin should now write to log. That way you can compare the trigger string to the other script. Let me know what is different. I am off all next week.
                    --
                    Jeff Farmer
                    HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

Working...
                    X