Not using XMLTV?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not using XMLTV?

Is it possible to use HSTV without using XMLTV? I have an alternative program called DG2XML that should produce compatible data (from the UK Digiguide service). I have that all set up to produce the xml file, so really want to start at the data import, but the setup wizard seems XMLTV specific.

Thanks
    Steve

If the files use the same field names, then you can try letting hstv run the import.
    You are correct that hstv is pretty dependent on xmltv. At the time hstv was written xmltv was the only legal way to get the tv listings data. Well, the only legal and cheap way.

So you will have to make sure the xml files get named in the expected format of:
    tv_grab_na_dd20091011.xml

There are 3 events that hstv uses to get the data into the tables. Once you have the xml files in the
    HomeSeer 2\data\hstv\listings
    directory.

HSTV Download XML files - you won't need to run this one.

You will need to run the other 2.
    HSTV Import XML files - Reads the XML files and puts the data into a temp table.
    HSTV Import Data - Reads the data in the temp table, does a bunch of validation and cleanup, then moves the data to the correct tables.

You can setup hstv as if it was going to use xmltv, just don't run the first event and it won't actually try to use it. You will need to enter the grabber name but it really can be anything as long as what you enter in the xmltv setup matches whatever you use to name your xml files. I used tv_grab_na_dd in the file name above just because that is the grabber I use.
    --
    Jeff Farmer
    HS 3, HSPhone
    My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
    Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Thanks for the info. I thought about this meanwhile, and have thought of a conceptual solution - but not had time to try it. I will write a very small program to just copy the xml file from its current location to the xmltv output directory and simply rename it to xmltv.exe. Hopefully HSTV will then see the data in place and continue on.

Comment

Working...
      X