One nagging problem.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One nagging problem.

The single nagging problem I've had almost from the beginning has been having HS hang, and since Pro, HSSentry eventually restarting the system, when HSTV download/import scripts take too long to run... particularly the import. Normally I can download/import only one day worth of listings at a time to avoid this problem. This makes it impossible to schedule events/reminders more than 24 hours in advance.
    Using the download/import buttons on the HSTV status devices doesn't seem to cause this problem, even when dealing with up to fourteen days of listings.
    Might I suggest that the download and import functions be optionally scheduled from within the plugin itself. Perhaps in addtion to "number of days to import" which already exists; add "time of day to dl/import" and optionally "day of week to dl/import".
    Thanks.
    Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

That's not something I've seen and I'm downloading 5 days. I do have the events separated by a little time, the download, import scripts run about 15 minutes apart. I'm not sure why I did it that way. I knew that the XML import takes a bit of time. from using a PVR program. so I gave them a little separation.

May or may not work for you.
    Marty
    ------
    XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2
    Playing with HS3 a bit but it's just play at this point.

Comment

Finished downloading data. Downloading took 6 minutes.
      Imported 11392 in 7 minutes.
      Finished data cleanup. Cleanup took less than one minute.

Number Of Days History To Keep 1
      The Number Of Days Ahead To Get Listings For 2

I only download channels I know I will be interested in.
      John

Comment

If I hadn't already tried all of the above and more I'd never have mentioned it.

Comment

Originally posted by Wadenut View Post
          If I hadn't already tried all of the above and more I'd never have mentioned it.
          I suppose then you tried to reload the plugin? Just curious what does your import status show? Compared to mine.
          Imported 11392 in 7 minutes.

Strange that the buttons on the status page work OK but not the event scripts.

Is this what your event actions looks like?

HSTV Download XML Files Run script: &hs.Plugin("HSTV").dataDownload()
          HSTV Import XML FIles Run script: &hs.Plugin("HSTV").dataImport()
          HSTV Import Data Run script: &hs.Plugin("HSTV").dataInsert()
          John

Comment

Originally posted by Wadenut View Post
            Since you didn't say specifically what all you tried I just threw it out there hoping it would be of some help. Sorry I couldn't help more but it's not a problem I'm seeing and since you've tried it all, I guess it'll be a question best answered by Jeff, next time he pops in.
            Marty
            ------
            XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2
            Playing with HS3 a bit but it's just play at this point.

Comment

Sorry to have been so short tempered. I was, at the time, fighting off a case of H1N1 (which all in all, actually isn't as bad as the media would have you believe).
              In answer, yes I have tried various times uninstalling the plugin, deleting all trace of it and reinstalling. I compact the database each time HS restarts. I use only the channels I need. I've tried checking "Scripts cannot time out" in HS settings, and unchecking it. In short, everything shy of formatting the hard disk (again) and reinstalling HS and all plugins, devices and events from scratch. When it works, the download/import works fine, but about every three days or so... >Crash<
              It had simply occcurred to me in my delerium that such an integral function as getting listings might better be handled directly by the plugin, internally scheduled, than indirectly through events and scripting calls into it. Afterall, the plugin is still beta and subject to improvement, n'est-ce pas?
              While I'm on that subject, Jeff, it seems each spring and fall when DST begins/ends, the question of how to change the time comes up on the board. (I think i've even answered it once or twice) Somewhere along the line, I got the idea "hs.Plugin("HSTV").fallBack()" and "hs.Plugin("HSTV").springForward()" would handle this. Each time however, I end up editing the timezone in tv_grab_na_dd.conf to make the correction. I could write a script to do the edit but have just never gotten around to it.

Comment

Working...
              X