Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need Help with HSTV3 XMLTV Grabber.

Hello.

I was hoping someone might be able to give me a little bit of a hand. I seam to be having some troubles with the plugin, and am not really sure where to go or what to do from here.

I am from Australia, and wanted to use the Australian TV Guides with HSTV so that I can have the system remind me of certain shows starting etc. However with XMLTV there is no native grabber. I have found tv_grab_oztivo which is a grabber for Australia but i have no idea on how to set it up.

I even though that i could just use another grabber (WinXP) which is set up to output a file xmltv.xml with the listings, however when i try and tell the HSTV that the file to call is xmltvdownloader, it does not work.

How can i set it up so that it does not need to fetch the XML file, it just needs to import it.

As is it seams to be stuck in setup. Never going past step 3 install, It won't configure with the tv_grab_oztivo script and just seams to be stuck

Anyone from Aus got it to work and if so, how did you do so?

I am running Windows XP, Any help would be fantastic and desperatally needed! Thanks
    HS3 PRO, Win10, WeatherXML, HSTouch, Pushover, UltraGCIR, Heaps of Jon00 Plugins, Just sold and about to move so very slim system.

Facebook | Twitter | Flickr | Google+ | Website | YouTube

There are three events that run to get the data into the database.

HSTV Download XML Files - this one you wont need since you would be getting your files from a different download process.

HSTV Import XML files - this one you would need so it will import from your xml files.

HSTV Import Data - you would need this one as well. Once the XML files are imported, this event does the data cleanup and gets it ready and then moves it into the correct tables.

For this to work you will have to name the XML files in the hstv format. Because XMLTV allows you to download several days of data, HSTV looks for files with the date in the name.

First in the admin area, you need to enter a name. If you were using xmltv you would enter the grabber name. In your case you should be able to just put anything there.

The file names need the grabber name then the date in the form of YYYYMMDD

tv_grab_na_dd20100108.xml

Once you have the files in the HomeSeer/data/hstv/listings and the correct file names you should be able to run the events to import the data.

One last requirement. The XML files must use the xmltv format for the xml files.
    --
    Jeff Farmer
    HS 3, HSPhone
    My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
    Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

For some reason it is still not working , I am running HSPRO, and i made a dummy file with the tv_grab_na_date stuff, put it in the listing directory and tried to import, but it always says it imports 0 items in 0 mins.

its for an Australia listing, and its using epgguide.net as the data source and then i just renamed them and tried to import, but nothing

What am I missing

Love to hear some suggestions, i am really keen to get this working in my system...

Thanks heaps!
      HS3 PRO, Win10, WeatherXML, HSTouch, Pushover, UltraGCIR, Heaps of Jon00 Plugins, Just sold and about to move so very slim system.

Comment

Are you sure that the xml files are being created in the xmltv format?
        The xml tags will have to be the exact ones that xmltv uses for the import to find the data.

What name did you use to rename the files?
        --
        Jeff Farmer
        HS 3, HSPhone
        Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Originally posted by CFGuy View Post
          Are you sure that the xml files are being created in the xmltv format?
          The xml tags will have to be the exact ones that xmltv uses for the import to find the data.

What name did you use to rename the files?
          Still not having a great deal of luck, stupid Australian grabbers. In this case i used the grab_tv_na or whatever the example was and gave it the date like you suggested, and it picked it up and tried to import it but gave 0 items added which was a shame.

Starting to run out of ideas, I will try tv_grab_oztivo but I don't hold a whole lot of hope, it would be great if there was someone from Aus who was running this HSTV system and could give more info into how they got it going or give a bit of a guide.

Without the config being run it just does not seam to like doing very much and I cant run the config because its not really using a grabber, well sort of is but its the epgstream.net grabber not the xmltv grabber since i could not get the grabber to run without running config, and it would not seam to run config with that grabber

Comment

I tried again, using two different xmltv sources, both are external programs but one is shepard which runs on a linux server I have running, the other is the epgstream.net software which does a similar thing.

I took two files and have given them the tv_grab_na_dd prefix and the date like it normally needs, put them in the folder and told it to import all. I get this in the logs with nothing imported, I will also try and attach the files.

<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="2" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td colspan="1" class="LOGDateTime1" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">2/18/2010 11:30:52 PM </td><td colspan="3" class="LOGType1" align="left"> HSTV </td><td colspan="8" class="LOGEntry1" align="left">Deleting records from tvImport table.</td></tr> <tr> <td colspan="1" class="LOGDateTime0" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">2/18/2010 11:30:52 PM </td><td colspan="3" class="LOGType0" align="left"> HSTV </td><td colspan="8" class="LOGEntry0" align="left">Starting import of file: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HSPRO\data\hstv\listings\tv_grab_na_dd20100218.xml</td></tr> <tr> <td colspan="1" class="LOGDateTime1" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">2/18/2010 11:30:52 PM </td><td colspan="3" class="LOGType1" align="left"> HSTV </td><td colspan="8" class="LOGEntry1" align="left">ImportFile, tv_grab_na_dd20100218.xml is missing. Skipping import.</td></tr> <tr> <td colspan="1" class="LOGDateTime0" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">2/18/2010 11:30:52 PM </td><td colspan="3" class="LOGType0" align="left"> HSTV </td><td colspan="8" class="LOGEntry0" align="left">Starting import of file: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HSPRO\data\hstv\listings\tv_grab_na_dd20100219.xml</td></tr> <tr> <td colspan="1" class="LOGDateTime1" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">2/18/2010 11:30:52 PM </td><td colspan="3" class="LOGType1" align="left"> HSTV </td><td colspan="8" class="LOGEntry1" align="left">XML Errorcode: -2146697210</td></tr> <tr> <td colspan="1" class="LOGDateTime0" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">2/18/2010 11:30:52 PM </td><td colspan="3" class="LOGType0" align="left"> HSTV </td><td colspan="8" class="LOGEntry0" align="left">Starting import of file: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HSPRO\data\hstv\listings\tv_grab_na_dd20100220.xml</td></tr> <tr> <td colspan="1" class="LOGDateTime1" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">2/18/2010 11:30:52 PM </td><td colspan="3" class="LOGType1" align="left"> HSTV </td><td colspan="8" class="LOGEntry1" align="left">XML Errorcode: -2146697210</td></tr> <tr> <td colspan="1" class="LOGDateTime0" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">2/18/2010 11:30:52 PM </td><td colspan="3" class="LOGType0" align="left"> HSTV </td><td colspan="8" class="LOGEntry0" align="left">Starting import of file: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HSPRO\data\hstv\listings\tv_grab_na_dd20100221.xml</td></tr> <tr> <td colspan="1" class="LOGDateTime1" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">2/18/2010 11:30:53 PM </td><td colspan="3" class="LOGType1" align="left"> HSTV </td><td colspan="8" class="LOGEntry1" align="left">Error Import XML: Object variable or With block variable not set.</td></tr> <tr> <td colspan="1" class="LOGDateTime0" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">2/18/2010 11:30:53 PM </td><td colspan="3" class="LOGType0" align="left"> HSTV </td><td colspan="8" class="LOGEntry0" align="left">SQL: </td></tr> <tr> <td colspan="1" class="LOGDateTime1" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">2/18/2010 11:30:53 PM </td><td colspan="3" class="LOGType1" align="left"> HSTV </td><td colspan="8" class="LOGEntry1" align="left">Import file, C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HSPRO\data\hstv\listings\tv_grab_na_dd20100221.xml imported 0 records.</td></tr> <tr> <td colspan="1" class="LOGDateTime0" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">2/18/2010 11:30:53 PM </td><td colspan="3" class="LOGType0" align="left"> HSTV </td><td colspan="8" class="LOGEntry0" align="left">Starting import of file: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HSPRO\data\hstv\listings\tv_grab_na_dd20100222.xml</td></tr> <tr> <td colspan="1" class="LOGDateTime1" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">2/18/2010 11:30:53 PM </td><td colspan="3" class="LOGType1" align="left"> HSTV </td><td colspan="8" class="LOGEntry1" align="left">ImportFile, tv_grab_na_dd20100222.xml is missing. Skipping import.</td></tr> <tr> <td colspan="1" class="LOGDateTime0" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">2/18/2010 11:30:53 PM </td><td colspan="3" class="LOGType0" align="left"> HSTV </td><td colspan="8" class="LOGEntry0" align="left">Starting import of file: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HSPRO\data\hstv\listings\tv_grab_na_dd20100223.xml</td></tr> <tr> <td colspan="1" class="LOGDateTime1" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">2/18/2010 11:30:53 PM </td><td colspan="3" class="LOGType1" align="left"> HSTV </td><td colspan="8" class="LOGEntry1" align="left">Error Import XML: Object variable or With block variable not set.</td></tr> <tr> <td colspan="1" class="LOGDateTime0" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">2/18/2010 11:30:53 PM </td><td colspan="3" class="LOGType0" align="left"> HSTV </td><td colspan="8" class="LOGEntry0" align="left">SQL: </td></tr> <tr> <td colspan="1" class="LOGDateTime1" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">2/18/2010 11:30:53 PM </td><td colspan="3" class="LOGType1" align="left"> HSTV </td><td colspan="8" class="LOGEntry1" align="left">Import file, C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HSPRO\data\hstv\listings\tv_grab_na_dd20100223.xml imported 0 records.</td></tr> <tr> <td colspan="1" class="LOGDateTime0" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">2/18/2010 11:30:53 PM </td><td colspan="3" class="LOGType0" align="left"> HSTV </td><td colspan="8" class="LOGEntry0" align="left">Starting import of file: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HSPRO\data\hstv\listings\tv_grab_na_dd20100224.xml</td></tr> <tr> <td colspan="1" class="LOGDateTime1" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">2/18/2010 11:30:53 PM </td><td colspan="3" class="LOGType1" align="left"> HSTV </td><td colspan="8" class="LOGEntry1" align="left">ImportFile, tv_grab_na_dd20100224.xml is missing. Skipping import.</td></tr> <tr> <td colspan="1" class="LOGDateTime0" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">2/18/2010 11:30:53 PM </td><td colspan="3" class="LOGType0" align="left"> HSTV </td><td colspan="8" class="LOGEntry0" align="left">Starting import of file: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HSPRO\data\hstv\listings\tv_grab_na_dd20100225.xml</td></tr> <tr> <td colspan="1" class="LOGDateTime1" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">2/18/2010 11:30:53 PM </td><td colspan="3" class="LOGType1" align="left"> HSTV </td><td colspan="8" class="LOGEntry1" align="left">ImportFile, tv_grab_na_dd20100225.xml is missing. Skipping import.</td></tr> <tr> <td colspan="1" class="LOGDateTime0" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">2/18/2010 11:30:53 PM </td><td colspan="3" class="LOGType0" align="left"> HSTV </td><td colspan="8" class="LOGEntry0" align="left">Imported 0 in 0 minutes.</td></tr> <tr> <td colspan="1" class="LOGDateTime1" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">2/18/2010 11:30:53 PM </td><td colspan="3" class="LOGType1" align="left"> HSTV </td><td colspan="8" class="LOGEntry1" align="left">Starting data cleanup and listings import.</td></tr> <tr> <td colspan="1" class="LOGDateTime0" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">2/18/2010 11:30:53 PM </td><td colspan="3" class="LOGType0" align="left"> HSTV </td><td colspan="8" class="LOGEntry0" align="left">No records to delete.</td></tr> <tr> <td colspan="1" class="LOGDateTime1" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">2/18/2010 11:30:59 PM </td><td colspan="3" class="LOGType1" align="left"> HSTV </td><td colspan="8" class="LOGEntry1" align="left">Finished data cleanup and listings import.</td></tr> <tr> <td colspan="1" class="LOGDateTime0" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">2/18/2010 11:30:59 PM </td><td colspan="3" class="LOGType0" align="left"> HSTV </td><td colspan="8" class="LOGEntry0" align="left">Listings import took less than one minute.</td></tr> <tr> <td colspan="1" class="LOGDateTime1" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">2/18/2010 11:30:59 PM </td><td colspan="3" class="LOGType1" align="left"> HSTV </td><td colspan="8" class="LOGEntry1" align="left">Starting creation of all events.</td></tr> <tr> <td colspan="1" class="LOGDateTime0" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">2/18/2010 11:30:59 PM </td><td colspan="3" class="LOGType0" align="left"> HSTV </td><td colspan="8" class="LOGEntry0" align="left">Finished creating events.</td></tr> <tr> <td colspan="1" class="LOGDateTime1" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">2/18/2010 11:30:59 PM </td><td colspan="3" class="LOGType1" align="left"> HSTV </td><td colspan="8" class="LOGEntry1" align="left">Starting clean up of old xml data files.</td></tr> <tr> <td colspan="1" class="LOGDateTime0" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">2/18/2010 11:30:59 PM </td><td colspan="3" class="LOGType0" align="left"> HSTV </td><td colspan="8" class="LOGEntry0" align="left">Finished cleaning up old xml files.</td></tr> <tr> <td colspan="1" class="LOGDateTime1" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">2/18/2010 11:30:59 PM </td><td colspan="3" class="LOGType1" align="left"> HSTV </td><td colspan="8" class="LOGEntry1" align="left">Starting clean up of HSTV events.</td></tr> <tr> <td colspan="1" class="LOGDateTime0" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">2/18/2010 11:30:59 PM </td><td colspan="3" class="LOGType0" align="left"> HSTV </td><td colspan="8" class="LOGEntry0" align="left">Finished cleaning up old HSTV scheduled events.</td></tr> <tr> <td colspan="1" class="LOGDateTime1" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">2/18/2010 11:30:59 PM </td><td colspan="3" class="LOGType1" align="left"> HSTV </td><td colspan="8" class="LOGEntry1" align="left">Finished import cleanup.</td></tr></tbody></table>
            Attached Files

Comment

Any ideas on how I could get around this, as id love to use your program

Comment

I tried importing from the files you uploaded and was getting the same error.

Try this.
                In the XMLTV grabber name, enter tv_grab_na2_dd

Rename the files as:
                tv_grab_na2dd20100221.xml

I think the problem is the actual tv_grab_na_dd has the channel name and number in the same xml tag. Other grabbers don't. In the code I check to see if the grabber name is tv_grab_na_dd and if it is, it expects both name and number. If not, then it just takes the text and uses it as the channel name.

There could be more issues in the code as well, but that is the first one I found.
                So try the modified name and hopefully that gets you around the name and number issue.
                --
                Jeff Farmer
                HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

I tried importing from the files you uploaded and was getting the same error.

Try this.
                  In the XMLTV grabber name, enter tv_grab_na2_dd

Rename the files as:
                  tv_grab_na2dd20100221.xml

I think the problem is the actual tv_grab_na_dd has the channel name and number in the same xml tag. Other grabbers don't. In the code I check to see if the grabber name is tv_grab_na_dd and if it is, it expects both name and number. If not, then it just takes the text and uses it as the channel name.

There could be more issues in the code as well, but that is the first one I found.
                  So try the modified name and hopefully that gets you around the name and number issue.

Thanks for the suggestions, still no luck. I tried a range of different names settling with epg, it would actually import some data when i used epg, but for some reason it would not actually let me pick which channels to import, or anything like that. I ended up trying both the shepherd datafile as well as the epgstream.net datafile and i think the epgstream one was the one that did partly get imported.

It imported 10 shows before stoping, all channel 31-melb shows but none of the other channels. The other strange thing, is no matter what i do, it always ends up going back to the setup hstv screen. I have tried skipping a step in the ini file and it sends itself back to step 2 where it asks to config xmltv with the --configure

I got the following log file on the latest try...

<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="2" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td colspan="1" class="LOGDateTime0" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">2/20/2010 7:24:04 PM </td><td colspan="3" class="LOGType0" align="left"> HSTV </td><td colspan="8" class="LOGEntry0" align="left">Deleting records from tvImport table.</td></tr> <tr> <td colspan="1" class="LOGDateTime1" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">2/20/2010 7:24:04 PM </td><td colspan="3" class="LOGType1" align="left"> HSTV </td><td colspan="8" class="LOGEntry1" align="left">Starting import of file: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HSPRO\data\hstv\listings\epg20100220.xml</td></tr> <tr> <td colspan="1" class="LOGDateTime0" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">2/20/2010 7:24:04 PM </td><td colspan="3" class="LOGType0" align="left"> HSTV </td><td colspan="8" class="LOGEntry0" align="left">XML Errorcode: -2146697210</td></tr> <tr> <td colspan="1" class="LOGDateTime1" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">2/20/2010 7:24:04 PM </td><td colspan="3" class="LOGType1" align="left"> HSTV </td><td colspan="8" class="LOGEntry1" align="left">Starting import of file: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HSPRO\data\hstv\listings\epg20100221.xml</td></tr> <tr> <td colspan="1" class="LOGDateTime0" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">2/20/2010 7:24:04 PM </td><td colspan="3" class="LOGType0" align="left"> HSTV </td><td colspan="8" class="LOGEntry0" align="left">Error Import XML: Conversion from type 'DBNull' to type 'String' is not valid.</td></tr> <tr> <td colspan="1" class="LOGDateTime1" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">2/20/2010 7:24:04 PM </td><td colspan="3" class="LOGType1" align="left"> HSTV </td><td colspan="8" class="LOGEntry1" align="left">SQL: INSERT INTO tvImport (channelID, channelname, channelnum, starttime, endtime, title, vrTitle, episode, description, category, episodenum, audio, subtitles, ratingsystem, rating, ratingadvisory, videoaspect, videocolor, starrating, actors, guests, director, producers, hosts, repeatshowing, programyear, channelDownload, configfile, viewhide) VALUES ('31-Mel','31-Mel','31',#2010/02/19 07:00:00#,#2010/02/19 07:30:00#,'Euromaxx','Euromaxx',Null,'DW-TV''s daily magazine show. bringing you the latest on lifestyle and entertainment in Europe.','Magazine',Null,Null,Null,</td></tr> <tr> <td colspan="1" class="LOGDateTime0" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">2/20/2010 7:24:04 PM </td><td colspan="3" class="LOGType0" align="left"> HSTV </td><td colspan="8" class="LOGEntry0" align="left">Import file, C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HSPRO\data\hstv\listings\epg20100221.xml imported 10 records.</td></tr> <tr> <td colspan="1" class="LOGDateTime1" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">2/20/2010 7:24:04 PM </td><td colspan="3" class="LOGType1" align="left"> HSTV </td><td colspan="8" class="LOGEntry1" align="left">Imported 10 in 0 minutes.</td></tr> <tr> <td colspan="1" class="LOGDateTime0" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">2/20/2010 7:24:04 PM </td><td colspan="3" class="LOGType0" align="left"> HSTV </td><td colspan="8" class="LOGEntry0" align="left">Starting data cleanup and listings import.</td></tr> <tr> <td colspan="1" class="LOGDateTime1" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">2/20/2010 7:24:04 PM </td><td colspan="3" class="LOGType1" align="left"> HSTV </td><td colspan="8" class="LOGEntry1" align="left">Deleting 10 records.</td></tr> <tr> <td colspan="1" class="LOGDateTime0" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">2/20/2010 7:24:07 PM </td><td colspan="3" class="LOGType0" align="left"> HSTV </td><td colspan="8" class="LOGEntry0" align="left">Finished cleaning data. Moving listings data to listings table. 10 records to be added.</td></tr> <tr> <td colspan="1" class="LOGDateTime1" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">2/20/2010 7:24:10 PM </td><td colspan="3" class="LOGType1" align="left"> HSTV </td><td colspan="8" class="LOGEntry1" align="left">Finished data cleanup and listings import.</td></tr> <tr> <td colspan="1" class="LOGDateTime0" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">2/20/2010 7:24:10 PM </td><td colspan="3" class="LOGType0" align="left"> HSTV </td><td colspan="8" class="LOGEntry0" align="left">Listings import took less than one minute.</td></tr> <tr> <td colspan="1" class="LOGDateTime1" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">2/20/2010 7:24:10 PM </td><td colspan="3" class="LOGType1" align="left"> HSTV </td><td colspan="8" class="LOGEntry1" align="left">Starting creation of all events.</td></tr> <tr> <td colspan="1" class="LOGDateTime0" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">2/20/2010 7:24:10 PM </td><td colspan="3" class="LOGType0" align="left"> HSTV </td><td colspan="8" class="LOGEntry0" align="left">Finished creating events.</td></tr> <tr> <td colspan="1" class="LOGDateTime1" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">2/20/2010 7:24:11 PM </td><td colspan="3" class="LOGType1" align="left"> HSTV </td><td colspan="8" class="LOGEntry1" align="left">Starting clean up of old xml data files.</td></tr> <tr> <td colspan="1" class="LOGDateTime0" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">2/20/2010 7:24:11 PM </td><td colspan="3" class="LOGType0" align="left"> HSTV </td><td colspan="8" class="LOGEntry0" align="left">Deleting file: epg20100220.xml</td></tr> <tr> <td colspan="1" class="LOGDateTime1" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">2/20/2010 7:24:11 PM </td><td colspan="3" class="LOGType1" align="left"> HSTV </td><td colspan="8" class="LOGEntry1" align="left">Finished cleaning up old xml files.</td></tr> <tr> <td colspan="1" class="LOGDateTime0" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">2/20/2010 7:24:11 PM </td><td colspan="3" class="LOGType0" align="left"> HSTV </td><td colspan="8" class="LOGEntry0" align="left">Starting clean up of HSTV events.</td></tr> <tr> <td colspan="1" class="LOGDateTime1" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">2/20/2010 7:24:11 PM </td><td colspan="3" class="LOGType1" align="left"> HSTV </td><td colspan="8" class="LOGEntry1" align="left">Finished cleaning up old HSTV scheduled events.</td></tr> <tr> <td colspan="1" class="LOGDateTime0" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">2/20/2010 7:24:11 PM </td><td colspan="3" class="LOGType0" align="left"> HSTV </td><td colspan="8" class="LOGEntry0" align="left">Finished import cleanup.</td></tr> <tr> <td colspan="1" class="LOGDateTime1" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">2/20/2010 7:24:34 PM </td><td colspan="3" class="LOGType1" align="left"> HSTV </td><td colspan="8" class="LOGEntry1" align="left">HSTV has finished setting up user settings.</td></tr></tbody></table>
                  and

<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="2" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td colspan="1" class="LOGDateTime0" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">2/20/2010 7:00:16 PM </td><td colspan="3" class="LOGType0" align="left"> HSTV </td><td colspan="8" class="LOGEntry0" align="left">Deleting records from tvImport table.</td></tr> <tr> <td colspan="1" class="LOGDateTime1" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">2/20/2010 7:00:16 PM </td><td colspan="3" class="LOGType1" align="left"> HSTV </td><td colspan="8" class="LOGEntry1" align="left">Starting import of file: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HSPRO\data\hstv\listings\epg20100220.xml</td></tr> <tr> <td colspan="1" class="LOGDateTime0" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">2/20/2010 7:00:16 PM </td><td colspan="3" class="LOGType0" align="left"> HSTV </td><td colspan="8" class="LOGEntry0" align="left">XML Errorcode: -2146697210</td></tr> <tr> <td colspan="1" class="LOGDateTime1" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">2/20/2010 7:00:16 PM </td><td colspan="3" class="LOGType1" align="left"> HSTV </td><td colspan="8" class="LOGEntry1" align="left">Starting import of file: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HSPRO\data\hstv\listings\epg20100221.xml</td></tr> <tr> <td colspan="1" class="LOGDateTime0" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">2/20/2010 7:00:17 PM </td><td colspan="3" class="LOGType0" align="left"> HSTV </td><td colspan="8" class="LOGEntry0" align="left">Error Import XML: Conversion from type 'DBNull' to type 'String' is not valid.</td></tr> <tr> <td colspan="1" class="LOGDateTime1" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">2/20/2010 7:00:17 PM </td><td colspan="3" class="LOGType1" align="left"> HSTV </td><td colspan="8" class="LOGEntry1" align="left">SQL: INSERT INTO tvImport (channelID, channelname, channelnum, starttime, endtime, title, vrTitle, episode, description, category, episodenum, audio, subtitles, ratingsystem, rating, ratingadvisory, videoaspect, videocolor, starrating, actors, guests, director, producers, hosts, repeatshowing, programyear, channelDownload, configfile, viewhide) VALUES ('31-Mel','31-Mel','31',#2010/02/19 07:00:00#,#2010/02/19 07:30:00#,'Euromaxx','Euromaxx',Null,'DW-TV''s daily magazine show. bringing you the latest on lifestyle and entertainment in Europe.','Magazine',Null,Null,Null,</td></tr> <tr> <td colspan="1" class="LOGDateTime0" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">2/20/2010 7:00:17 PM </td><td colspan="3" class="LOGType0" align="left"> HSTV </td><td colspan="8" class="LOGEntry0" align="left">Import file, C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HSPRO\data\hstv\listings\epg20100221.xml imported 10 records.</td></tr> <tr> <td colspan="1" class="LOGDateTime1" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">2/20/2010 7:00:17 PM </td><td colspan="3" class="LOGType1" align="left"> HSTV </td><td colspan="8" class="LOGEntry1" align="left">Imported 10 in 0 minutes.</td></tr> <tr> <td colspan="1" class="LOGDateTime0" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">2/20/2010 7:00:17 PM </td><td colspan="3" class="LOGType0" align="left"> HSTV </td><td colspan="8" class="LOGEntry0" align="left">HSTV has finished setting up user settings.</td></tr></tbody></table>

and

<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="2" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td colspan="1" class="LOGDateTime0" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">2/20/2010 7:00:16 PM </td><td colspan="3" class="LOGType0" align="left"> HSTV </td><td colspan="8" class="LOGEntry0" align="left">Deleting records from tvImport table.</td></tr> <tr> <td colspan="1" class="LOGDateTime1" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">2/20/2010 7:00:16 PM </td><td colspan="3" class="LOGType1" align="left"> HSTV </td><td colspan="8" class="LOGEntry1" align="left">Starting import of file: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HSPRO\data\hstv\listings\epg20100220.xml</td></tr> <tr> <td colspan="1" class="LOGDateTime0" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">2/20/2010 7:00:16 PM </td><td colspan="3" class="LOGType0" align="left"> HSTV </td><td colspan="8" class="LOGEntry0" align="left">XML Errorcode: -2146697210</td></tr> <tr> <td colspan="1" class="LOGDateTime1" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">2/20/2010 7:00:16 PM </td><td colspan="3" class="LOGType1" align="left"> HSTV </td><td colspan="8" class="LOGEntry1" align="left">Starting import of file: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HSPRO\data\hstv\listings\epg20100221.xml</td></tr> <tr> <td colspan="1" class="LOGDateTime0" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">2/20/2010 7:00:17 PM </td><td colspan="3" class="LOGType0" align="left"> HSTV </td><td colspan="8" class="LOGEntry0" align="left">Error Import XML: Conversion from type 'DBNull' to type 'String' is not valid.</td></tr> <tr> <td colspan="1" class="LOGDateTime1" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">2/20/2010 7:00:17 PM </td><td colspan="3" class="LOGType1" align="left"> HSTV </td><td colspan="8" class="LOGEntry1" align="left">SQL: INSERT INTO tvImport (channelID, channelname, channelnum, starttime, endtime, title, vrTitle, episode, description, category, episodenum, audio, subtitles, ratingsystem, rating, ratingadvisory, videoaspect, videocolor, starrating, actors, guests, director, producers, hosts, repeatshowing, programyear, channelDownload, configfile, viewhide) VALUES ('31-Mel','31-Mel','31',#2010/02/19 07:00:00#,#2010/02/19 07:30:00#,'Euromaxx','Euromaxx',Null,'DW-TV''s daily magazine show. bringing you the latest on lifestyle and entertainment in Europe.','Magazine',Null,Null,Null,</td></tr> <tr> <td colspan="1" class="LOGDateTime0" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">2/20/2010 7:00:17 PM </td><td colspan="3" class="LOGType0" align="left"> HSTV </td><td colspan="8" class="LOGEntry0" align="left">Import file, C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HSPRO\data\hstv\listings\epg20100221.xml imported 10 records.</td></tr> <tr> <td colspan="1" class="LOGDateTime1" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">2/20/2010 7:00:17 PM </td><td colspan="3" class="LOGType1" align="left"> HSTV </td><td colspan="8" class="LOGEntry1" align="left">Imported 10 in 0 minutes.</td></tr> <tr> <td colspan="1" class="LOGDateTime0" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">2/20/2010 7:00:17 PM </td><td colspan="3" class="LOGType0" align="left"> HSTV </td><td colspan="8" class="LOGEntry0" align="left">HSTV has finished setting up user settings.</td></tr> <tr> <td colspan="1" class="LOGDateTime1" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">2/20/2010 7:01:14 PM </td><td colspan="3" class="LOGType1" align="left"> Skype Connector </td><td colspan="8" class="LOGEntry1" align="left">Connecting to Skype Client...</td></tr> <tr> <td colspan="1" class="LOGDateTime0" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">2/20/2010 7:02:02 PM </td><td colspan="3" class="LOGType0" align="left"> Event </td><td colspan="8" class="LOGEntry0" align="left">Event Trigger "Jon00s Check Email"</td></tr> <tr> <td colspan="1" class="LOGDateTime1" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">2/20/2010 7:02:02 PM </td><td colspan="3" class="LOGType1" align="left"> Event </td><td colspan="8" class="LOGEntry1" align="left">Running script in background: CheckEmailPOP_V3_HS2.vben("main","normal")</td></tr> <tr> <td colspan="1" class="LOGDateTime0" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">2/20/2010 7:02:02 PM </td><td colspan="3" class="LOGType0" align="left"> Jon00_Email </td><td colspan="8" class="LOGEntry0" align="left">Checking House Mail for E-Mail (mailbox 1)</td></tr> <tr> <td colspan="1" class="LOGDateTime1" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">2/20/2010 7:02:11 PM </td><td colspan="3" class="LOGType1" align="left"> Jon00_Email </td><td colspan="8" class="LOGEntry1" align="left">There are no changes at the mail server for House Mail</td></tr> <tr> <td colspan="1" class="LOGDateTime0" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">2/20/2010 7:02:12 PM </td><td colspan="3" class="LOGType0" align="left"> Jon00_Email </td><td colspan="8" class="LOGEntry0" align="left">House Mail has 0 new emails</td></tr> <tr> <td colspan="1" class="LOGDateTime1" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">2/20/2010 7:02:12 PM </td><td colspan="3" class="LOGType1" align="left"> Jon00_Email </td><td colspan="8" class="LOGEntry1" align="left">House Mail has 25 emails in this mailbox</td></tr> <tr> <td colspan="1" class="LOGDateTime0" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">2/20/2010 7:02:13 PM </td><td colspan="3" class="LOGType0" align="left"> Skype Connector </td><td colspan="8" class="LOGEntry0" align="left">Connecting to Skype Client...</td></tr> <tr> <td colspan="1" class="LOGDateTime1" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">2/20/2010 7:03:12 PM </td><td colspan="3" class="LOGType1" align="left"> Skype Connector </td><td colspan="8" class="LOGEntry1" align="left">Connecting to Skype Client...</td></tr> <tr> <td colspan="1" class="LOGDateTime0" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">2/20/2010 7:04:11 PM </td><td colspan="3" class="LOGType0" align="left"> Skype Connector </td><td colspan="8" class="LOGEntry0" align="left">Connecting to Skype Client...</td></tr> <tr> <td colspan="1" class="LOGDateTime1" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">2/20/2010 7:05:10 PM </td><td colspan="3" class="LOGType1" align="left"> Skype Connector </td><td colspan="8" class="LOGEntry1" align="left">Connecting to Skype Client...</td></tr> <tr> <td colspan="1" class="LOGDateTime0" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">2/20/2010 7:06:09 PM </td><td colspan="3" class="LOGType0" align="left"> Skype Connector </td><td colspan="8" class="LOGEntry0" align="left">Connecting to Skype Client...</td></tr> <tr> <td colspan="1" class="LOGDateTime1" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">2/20/2010 7:06:14 PM </td><td colspan="3" class="LOGType1" align="left"> HSTV </td><td colspan="8" class="LOGEntry1" align="left">HSTV has finished setting up user settings.</td></tr> <tr> <td colspan="1" class="LOGDateTime0" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">2/20/2010 7:06:21 PM </td><td colspan="3" class="LOGType0" align="left"> HSTV </td><td colspan="8" class="LOGEntry0" align="left">HSTV has finished setting up user settings.</td></tr> <tr> <td colspan="1" class="LOGDateTime1" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">2/20/2010 7:06:32 PM </td><td colspan="3" class="LOGType1" align="left"> HSTV </td><td colspan="8" class="LOGEntry1" align="left">INSERT INTO tvChannels (channelID, channelName, channelNumber, channelDownload, channelVR, channelNickName, channelIcon, configfile, viewhide) SELECT DISTINCT channelID, channelName, channelNum, 1 AS chdn, 0 AS chvr, Null AS chNk, Null AS chIc, 'xmltv' AS cfgf, 0 AS viewhide FROM tvImport ORDER BY channelName</td></tr> <tr> <td colspan="1" class="LOGDateTime0" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">2/20/2010 7:06:32 PM </td><td colspan="3" class="LOGType0" align="left"> HSTV </td><td colspan="8" class="LOGEntry0" align="left">Error Action Query: The changes you requested to the table were not successful because they would create duplicate values in the index, primary key, or relationship. Change the data in the field or fields that contain duplicate data, remove the index, or redefine the index to permit duplicate entries and try again.</td></tr> <tr> <td colspan="1" class="LOGDateTime1" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">2/20/2010 7:06:32 PM </td><td colspan="3" class="LOGType1" align="left"> HSTV </td><td colspan="8" class="LOGEntry1" align="left">HSTV has finished setting up user settings.</td></tr></tbody></table>

Comment

I got it to stop asking to set things up, now i just need to get it to import the data and the channels. I set the install step to step 11 to get past it.

It still won't import all data, i get mixed imports, usually no more than say 10 records for 31. But there is stuff being put in the database.

In the HSTV page though I see no data, It has a message saying:

31-Mel(31) has been added to the available channels. Contact the site admin to have it added to your channels.
                    This user has not been given permission to any show ratings. The listings can not be displayed until an admin assigns allowed ratings for default

Any other ideas for setting up channels and doing the import? The renaming partly worked, but not fully.

Comment

Getting a little closer, I understand the ratings bit now, but when I go to view it, i get the following error:

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Comment

Originally posted by travisdh View Post
                        Thanks for the suggestions, still no luck. I tried a range of different names settling with epg, it would actually import some data when i used epg, but for some reason it would not actually let me pick which channels to import, or anything like that. I ended up trying both the shepherd datafile as well as the epgstream.net datafile and i think the epgstream one was the one that did partly get imported.

It imported 10 shows before stoping, all channel 31-melb shows but none of the other channels. The other strange thing, is no matter what i do, it always ends up going back to the setup hstv screen. I have tried skipping a step in the ini file and it sends itself back to step 2 where it asks to config xmltv with the --configure
                        Looking at the log entries I can see that one of the errors is from the rating system. I check for the existence of a xml tag and if it exists I grab the value. For the error "conversion of dbnull to string", I am thinking that it means the tag is there but it has no actual value. That is something I will have to fix in the code.

Most of the grabbers (at least when I was writing hstv) do not allow you to filter channels. It's all or nothing. So hstv was designed to import them all, then allow you to go into the admin settings and select which channels you want imported. All the channels will still be imported but the ones you don't want will have their listings data deleted before the data is put into the listings table. You need to initially set the channels, after that you only have to mess with the channels if a new channel is added.

hstv is looking for a particular folder to make sure that xmltv config file exists. The file is homeseer/data/hstv/xmltv/.xmltv/filename.
                        If that file does not exist the install wizard resets to the xmtv step where it wants you to configure xmltv.
                        To get around that just create a text file in the .xmltv folder called whatever you are using for the grabber name. Since you decided to use epg for the grabber name, just put a text file there named epg. No extension. Just epg
                        hstv doesn't look at the contents of the file during the install so just having the file there will stop the install step from getting reset.

or to just skip the whole install wizard...
                        Look for both a installstep and an installdone in the ini file. Set the installstep to 12 and the installdone to 1. That should get you past the install wizard. You can then just go through the admin screens to manually set things up.
                        --
                        Jeff Farmer
                        HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

Looking at the log entries I can see that one of the errors is from the rating system. I check for the existence of a xml tag and if it exists I grab the value. For the error "conversion of dbnull to string", I am thinking that it means the tag is there but it has no actual value. That is something I will have to fix in the code.

Most of the grabbers (at least when I was writing hstv) do not allow you to filter channels. It's all or nothing. So hstv was designed to import them all, then allow you to go into the admin settings and select which channels you want imported. All the channels will still be imported but the ones you don't want will have their listings data deleted before the data is put into the listings table. You need to initially set the channels, after that you only have to mess with the channels if a new channel is added.

hstv is looking for a particular folder to make sure that xmltv config file exists. The file is homeseer/data/hstv/xmltv/.xmltv/filename.
                          If that file does not exist the install wizard resets to the xmtv step where it wants you to configure xmltv.
                          To get around that just create a text file in the .xmltv folder called whatever you are using for the grabber name. Since you decided to use epg for the grabber name, just put a text file there named epg. No extension. Just epg
                          hstv doesn't look at the contents of the file during the install so just having the file there will stop the install step from getting reset.

or to just skip the whole install wizard...
                          Look for both a installstep and an installdone in the ini file. Set the installstep to 12 and the installdone to 1. That should get you past the install wizard. You can then just go through the admin screens to manually set things up.
                          I am wondering, why it would not import all the listings through, I understand the ratings bit, but it seams to only import like 10 listings or something similar, and I know there are a lot more listings than that.

hmmm got me confused lol but i did attach the database to show what it has done.

Cheers
                          Attached Files

Comment

I changed the code that handles the rating system so you shouldn't get the dbnull to string error. At least for rating system. I've attached a zip file with the fix.
                            Hopefully that will get you past the rating error and then I can see what comes up next.
                            There may still be some differences between the xml files.

You will need to stop HomeSeer, then unzip the dll into the root HS directory. Start HS and give the import a try.
                            Attached Files
                            --
                            Jeff Farmer
                            HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

Hmmm, still no luck. I went into the database and added the ratings manually and it did not make much difference, nothing seamed to import, I have attached the database and also the log file. I used the same xml files but it did not make any difference .
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X