Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• donstephens
    replied
    OK...getting closer. I noticed that user channels were blank. Will fix.

Got listings!

Leave a comment:

• CFGuy
    replied
    The import xml event imports the data into the tvimport table.
    The third event cleans up the data and when the problems are fixed, it then moves the data in the tvlistings table.

There is a setting in the xmltv setup.
    Re-download all xml files every night
    Set to yes it deletes the xml files after they have been imported. That way it gets the newest data every night.
    Set to no it leaves the xml files and saves on download time but you could end up missing a listing change.

Leave a comment:

• donstephens
    replied
    I just ran it and no errors... Frustrated. Don't have Access on Homeseer machine and my Access on dev machine is 2000.

Please help me with this.
    1. xmltv downloads xml files to where?
    2. import xml files does what?
    3. import event does what?
    4. should I not have something (xml...date) in listings? Now I have nothing in that dir except xmltv.dtd and hstvicon.gif

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• CFGuy
    replied
    Do you have a program to open the database?
    If so, open it and copy that query into a query run window.
    Run it and see if you can get the actual error.

Leave a comment:

• donstephens
    replied
    OK. Here is where I am.
    Data in mdb file.
    Today no XML files in listing.
    Thus no listings...

HSTV Last download XML Files 'Finished downloading data. Downloading took 3 minutes. '
    HSTV Last Import XML Files 'Imported 37247 in 55 minutes. '
    Both of these were completed early this morning.

I pinned down where I think the problem is. Last Download event and Last Import event run with no problem. When Inport Data event runs, HSTV reports the following problem.
    <PHP>
    12/21/2010 5:59:29 AM - HSTV - Error Query: SELECT top 1 c.channelID, c.channelNickName, c.channelName, c.channelNumber, s.starttime, l.endtime, l.title, l.episode, l.category, l.description FROM scheduledFavs s, tvListings l, tvChannels c WHERE s.starttime > Now() And s.channelID = l.channelID And s.starttime = l.starttime And l.channelID = c.channelID And s.isActive = 1 ORDER BY s.starttime
    12/21/2010 5:59:29 AM - HSTV - Error Select Query: Operation is not allowed when the object is open.
    12/21/2010 5:59:29 AM - HSTV - Error Next Scheduled: Operation is not allowed when the object is closed.</PHP>

Thanks,

Leave a comment:

• donstephens
    replied
    OK Will look into tweaking the css file. You might consider changing the header from 'HSTV' to 'HSTV Admin' and 'HSTV'. I guess the most confusing thing for me is the menus above and below. I can't tell if I'm into the user menu or the admin menu. But, I'm not always on top of things. :-) Perhaps if there were no user menus when in the admin and no admin buttons when in the user mode.

Still don't have listings, but now I do have two XML files in the listings folder. Things are getting better...

Thanks!

Originally posted by CFGuy View Post
    The colors are controlled by the HS style sheets. Other than color, do you have any idea on what you would like for the pages to look different.

Leave a comment:

• CFGuy
    replied
    Originally posted by donstephens View Post
    Thanks Jeff:

I did as suggested and the listings came up but were blank. Looked at the HSTV events and they were disabled. Scrach head... Will do an IMPORT and see what happens.

Will let you know. In your next tweak, could you make the admin pages look different than the users somehow?

Again, thanks for the hand holding.
    The colors are controlled by the HS style sheets. Other than color, do you have any idea on what you would like for the pages to look different.

Leave a comment:

• donstephens
    replied
    Thanks Jeff:

I did as suggested and the listings came up but were blank. Looked at the HSTV events and they were disabled. Scrach head... Will do an IMPORT and see what happens.

Will let you know. In your next tweak, could you make the admin pages look different than the users somehow?

Again, thanks for the hand holding.

Leave a comment:

• CFGuy
    replied
    Originally posted by donstephens View Post
    First off, this version is really nice! You have improved it greatly.

I am trying to run a function and get this error.

[PHP]&hs.Plugin("HSTV").getTodaysEvents("E-Mail","don.xxxx@huxxes.net","HSTV")[/PHP]

and the error is
    PHP Code:
    12/19/2010 7:12:05 PM  HSTV Error RemindersObject reference not set to an instance of an object
    Where do I go to set permissions for user don? I am trying to access the TV Listings and I get this reminder, for which I thank you. Last version didn't have this clue, and of course I don't remember how to fix it.

This user has not been given permission to any show ratings.
    The listings can not be displayed until an admin assigns
    allowed ratings for Don

Thanks
    For the permissions go to:
    HSTV admin
    Users
    Click the radio button in front of Don.
    Click Edit
    Click Ratings
    Select Allow/Block for each rating.
    Click Save.

I think when you get the ratings set, that will fix the event. If not, let me know and I do some more digging.

Have a great day!!

Leave a comment:

• donstephens
    replied
    First off, this version is really nice! You have improved it greatly.

I am trying to run a function and get this error.

[PHP]&hs.Plugin("HSTV").getTodaysEvents("E-Mail","don.xxxx@huxxes.net","HSTV")[/PHP]

and the error is
    PHP Code:
    12/19/2010 7:12:05 PM  HSTV Error RemindersObject reference not set to an instance of an object
    Where do I go to set permissions for user don? I am trying to access the TV Listings and I get this reminder, for which I thank you. Last version didn't have this clue, and of course I don't remember how to fix it.

This user has not been given permission to any show ratings.
    The listings can not be displayed until an admin assigns
    allowed ratings for Don

Thanks
    Originally posted by CFGuy View Post
    Do you have the logging set to the High Level?

If not, set it to that level. Then try to access one of the pages and grab the log entries.
    Last edited by donstephens; December 19, 2010, 09:29 PM.

Leave a comment:

• CFGuy
    replied
    Do you have the logging set to the High Level?

If not, set it to that level. Then try to access one of the pages and grab the log entries.

Leave a comment:

• donstephens
    started a topic New Machine, New Install... problems

New Machine, New Install... problems

Hi Jeff:

Hope all is well.

I just installed HSTV on a new machine, and when I try to configure a user or set up a favorite, I get errors in the log. The database has no data, even though I did an import.

Can you help me?

PHP Code:
    12/18/2010 2:31:42 PM  HSTV HSTV has finished setting up user settings.
    12/18/2010 2:31:48 PM  HSTV Error SelectObject reference not set to an instance of an object.
    12/18/2010 2:32:05 PM  HSTV HSTV has finished setting up user access.
    12/18/2010 2:32:12 PM  HSTV Error User RatingsObject reference not set to an instance of an object
Working...
X