Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Having trouble getting HSTV going on HomeTroller - Fixed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Having trouble getting HSTV going on HomeTroller - Fixed!

I downloaded HSTV today and can't seem to get it to populate any data. I followed the install instructions in the help file but nothing came through - the log showed "XML Errorcode: -1072896658" when HSTV accessed the xml files created by xmltv. If I go into the "Database Cleanup" and click "Reimport All" it appears the xml files are created OK but HSTV still gets this error. Googling this error implies a problem with the character set in the xml file? My xml files show 'encoding="ISO-8859-1"' (don't know if this means anything to you). Attached is a log excerpt of all the HSTV entries.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,
    Steve
    Attached Files
    Steve

(System configuration is in my profile)

Are you signed up with schedulesdirect.org
    John

Comment

Originally posted by johnnybwis View Post
      Are you signed up with schedulesdirect.org
      Yes, I did that before I started installation. I know xmltv is getting the info successfully from SD because the XML files are in \data\hstv\listings and are about 4MB each. I can look at them and see all the data. It just won't import getting that "XML Errorcode: -1072896658" when the import runs. And it doesn't matter how many days I try to pull, they always error out.

Steve
      Steve

Comment

Fyi

I accidentally double-clicked one of these XML files and IE displayed this message:
        HTML Code:
        The XML page cannot be displayed 
        Cannot view XML input using style sheet. Please correct the error and then click the Refresh button, or try again later. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

System does not support the specified encoding. Error processing resource 'file:///D:/Program Files/HomeSeer HSPRO/Data/hst...

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?>
        Don't know if this helps anyone?

Thanks,
        Steve
        Steve

Comment

After hours of web searching...

This appears to be related to running this on my HomeTroller 2 that has restore flash v1.3 on it and runs XP Embedded. Apparently there may be a missing component dependency as referenced here:

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/embedded/arc...web-pages.aspx

I have a ticket open at HS helpdesk; let's see if they can help me fix this (preferably before my 7 days runs out at Schedules Direct!).
          Steve

Comment

Problem solved!!

Thanks to Rich (yay!) my problem is now fixed. It indeed was a component dependency problem in their v1.3 build of the restore flash for my HomeTroller 2 running XP Embedded with SP3. I copied an XP file and made a registry entry and Voila! problem gone.

Thanks again, Rich!!
            Steve

Comment

Working...
            X