Overnight errors suddenly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Overnight errors suddenly

I'm getting pages and pages of this error each night for the last 4 days.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    <TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>4/18/2011 4:02:45 AM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 colSpan=3 align=left>HSTV </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 colSpan=8 align=left>Error Action Query: Invalid argument.</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>4/18/2011 4:02:45 AM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 colSpan=3 align=left>HSTV </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 colSpan=8 align=left>INSERT INTO tvImport (channelID, channelname, channelnum, starttime, endtime, title, vrTitle, episode, description, category, episodenum, audio, subtitles, ratingsystem, rating, ratingadvisory, videoaspect, videocolor, starrating, actors, guests, director, producers, hosts, repeatshowing, programyear, channelDownload, configfile, viewhide) VALUES ('I62804.labs.zap2it.com','WCAUDT3','464',#2011/04/23 23:30:00#,#2011/04/24 02:00:00#,'Women''s Hockey','Womens Hockey','World Championships, Semifinal','From Switzerland.','Sports event','EP00725722.0089',Null,Null,Null, 'AO', Null,Null,Null,Null,Null,Null,Null,Null,Null,1,'2011',1,'tv_ grab_na_dd',0)</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Naturally I have no idea what this means. I haven't touched HSTV in a long time so I'm pretty sure I didn't screw it up. My PVR software, on another system, downloads from schedules direct as well and that's been fine.

Has anyone else seen this or have any idea what to do about it?
    Marty
    ------
    XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2
    Playing with HS3 a bit but it's just play at this point.

No one?

I've tracked it down to the import event that uses this immediate script command -&hs.Plugin("HSTV").dataInsert()- but so far that's all. I checked the Schedules Direct website and I do see that they've updated to a new server but can that be it since my PVR is doing just fine downloading schedules? I'm not sure what an invalid argument is or how I can fix it but with it filling up and maxing out my log each night i have no choice but to disable it for now.
    Marty
    ------
    XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2

Comment

All I can tell you is mine is working OK
      Is your subscription up to date?
      Did you try compacting your data base?

Your subscription will expire: 2012-10-13
      Finished downloading data. Downloading took 5 minutes.
      Imported 10072 in 18 minutes.
      Finished data cleanup. Cleanup took less than one minute.
      Yesterday 8:28:58 AM
      HSTV Version 3.0.1.38368
      John

Comment

Well, at least I know it's not everybody, I just can't imagine what changed. I haven't touched HSTV in a very long time. I did check my subscription and it's good for another year yet. The "data-download" and "data-import" work fine, it's the "data-insert that's failing.

I have not tried to compact the database, that's a good suggestion, thanks.
        Marty
        ------

Comment

I'm still playing with this, although i'm not sure i'd call it play anymore.

I was unable to compact the database so I replaced it with the database that comes with the install. That fixed my errors during the import overnight. It did unfortunately screw up my settings. I am unable to bring up the TV listings, I keep getting this error

This user has not been given permission to any show ratings. The listings can not be displayed until an admin assigns allowed ratings for Lou

I've gone into users and set the permissions but that doesn't seem to change anything. I get this error sometimes when playing but it doesn't make any sense to me.

All of your ratings are set to be hidden. Please go to the Data Ratings page and set the dropdowns to No under the column Hide. You must have some ratings not hidden to be able to set permissions for users.

When i get it I go and check the ratings and they are all set to show, nothing is hidden.

Is there a setup screen somewhere I might be missing and found by accident on my initial setup?
          Marty
          ------

Comment

Well i finally got my wifes TV guide back. I ended up having to edit the user ratings manually in the database. I don't know why the config screens would not save that info but it's back up and seems ok.

I have to say this can be a very complicated setup for a simple guide listings screen and I don't even use most of the features of this plug-in.
            Marty
            ------

Comment

I started getting the same errors this morning!

Comment

All I can say is I feel your pain! Hopefully you won't have to go through all I did to get it working again.
                Marty
                ------

Comment

Nightwalker,

Do you happen to remember the size of your database when you started having problems? I noticed that mine is 2,097,124 KB!

Anyone else have a large database?

CFGuy, is there a public method I could call from a script to delete all shows before a specific date?

AO!

Comment

It was huge, not remembering the exact number but it was over 2gigs
                    Marty
                    ------

Comment

Looks like I had a corrupted database! I kept getting errors while trying to compact and repair it through Access 2003. The interesting part was when I was able to open the database but it showed zero entries in the tvListings table!

I went to the back-ups and found on 1 May, it was 2 Gigs. 1 Apr showed 1.6 Gigs. I grabbed the 1 April database and was able to compact it down to about 24 MB and then used that to run HSTV...all seems good for now.

I guess we should come up with a way to monitor the file size and then compact it once it hits a target size.

Comment

I have no idea why it gets that big. Seems that old info never gets purged and it just keeps growing. I figure that starting from scatch it last about two years before it just self destructs.
                        Marty
                        ------

Comment

Working...
                        X