Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Support for other data sources.

Hello Again,

I had not had much of a chance to use this plugin, but would like to get back into using it again. Two things i noticed, and it is likely just something i noticed so there may not be much that can be done, is that the plugin puts a huge emphasis on using XMLTV down-loaders to get the file, and once the file is received, without the XMLTV file (obtained through the down-loader, and appropriate switches) it is very hard to actually install the plugin and run the setup, with each of the channels installed correctly.

Is there any way the functioning of the plugin could be changed slightly, so that the option is presented to use a different data source, and perhaps even the down-loader then takes care of downloading, and unzipping (if required)

I have included another data source below, I know lots exist but this is one which has been obtained using Shepard which is another EPG grabber, the format should still be in XMLTV, so it should be importable, but if through the plugin you could even enter a file you want to import data from, in the setup page it would be great and much much much easier to get the setup working well and going well.

http: //www.siliconhill.com.au/shepherd/Melbourne/fta/output.xmltv.gz

I appreciate all the work that went into creating the plugin, and really want to get it going on my home network, I am sure many Australian users would happily use the plugin as well given suitable data.

Even if just the data above could be imported, i don't mind it working like the EPGstream system, but if you are able to help it would be greatly appreciated, as it would rocket the WAF up much higher!

Thanks!
    HS3 PRO, Win10, WeatherXML, HSTouch, Pushover, UltraGCIR, Heaps of Jon00 Plugins, Just sold and about to move so very slim system.

Facebook | Twitter | Flickr | Google+ | Website | YouTube

I do have some changes for HSTV on my to do list.
    But they are a ways down the list.

WeatherXML is taking up most of my time but should be close to being done.

Next after that is finishing up Movie Manager. It is close to being ready for beta testers which will no doubt take a lot of time to add feature requests and bug fixes.

HSTV is after that.
    --
    Jeff Farmer
    HS 3, HSPhone
    My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
    Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

No problems, no doubt you are going to be very busy for the next few months but i look forward to seeing some of the changes.

With Movie Manager, is that going to be able to stream movies. I keep looking for a solution whereby i can catalouge all of my movies, and keep them on a NAS and then have a client or whatever on a machine and use it to use HS to play a movie to that device, like a HTPC or something connected to a projector. Kind of like being able to VR ask to play Movie Y to Loungeroom or whatever?

Also I am guessing much like Jon00, you probobly don't get told enough that your scripts are greatly appreciated, by both myself and the other people in the community and without contributions like yours and the other many members of the community, homeseer would be a much less impressive and flexible product.
      HS3 PRO, Win10, WeatherXML, HSTouch, Pushover, UltraGCIR, Heaps of Jon00 Plugins, Just sold and about to move so very slim system.

Facebook | Twitter | Flickr | Google+ | Website | YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by travisdh View Post
        With Movie Manager, is that going to be able to stream movies. I keep looking for a solution whereby i can catalouge all of my movies, and keep them on a NAS and then have a client or whatever on a machine and use it to use HS to play a movie to that device, like a HTPC or something connected to a projector. Kind of like being able to VR ask to play Movie Y to Loungeroom or whatever?
        The ability to catalouge movies is done. I changed the code to use a database instead of the xml files. The web pages are very fast now. In addition to keeping track of your movies you can enter your own personal videos that you have made with a camcorder.

Dan is working on a script that will be able to go out and "find" your ripped movies and will update the database with the network pathway to the movie.
        I'm working on adding the ability to setup a playlist. You can add a movie to the playlist, add it to the top or bottom of the list. You can set it to remove from the playlist when it is watched or in 1 to 10 days.

When you are viewing the list of movies there is a watch link. It will start streaming the movie. This part is not done yet.

Initially, support will only be for one watch location.
        I want to get it released and let people use it and give feedback before I try to design a multiple watch, multiple playlist option.
        --
        Jeff Farmer
        HS 3, HSPhone
        My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
        Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Working...
        X