Database Problem??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Database Problem??

I've been getting this problem for awhile now and I figured now was a good time to try and track down the cause.

Every 4 to 6 months or so my HSTV database grows to about 2gig in size. When it reaches that level or just before I start getting these errors in my HomeSeer logs, over and over for each channel.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
    2/11/2012 4:02:47 AM HSTV Error Action Query: Invalid argument.
    2/11/2012 4:02:47 AM HSTV INSERT INTO tvImport (channelID, channelname, channelnum, starttime, endtime, title, vrTitle, episode, description, category, episodenum, audio, subtitles, ratingsystem, rating, ratingadvisory, videoaspect, videocolor, starrating, actors, guests, director, producers, hosts, repeatshowing, programyear, channelDownload, configfile, viewhide) VALUES ('I56056.labs.zap2it.com','RLTV','245',#2012/02/16 12:30:00#,#2012/02/16 13:00:00#,'Your Life Redefined','Your Life Redefined','Indoor Air Quality/Menopause/Penne Pasta',Null,'Community','EP01523883.0005',Null,Null,Null, 'AO', Null,Null,Null,Null,Null,Null,Null,Null,Null,1,'2012',1,'tv_ grab_na_dd',0)
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------

So far the only way I've found to fix the errors is to replace the bloated database with the more or less empty one that came with the install file. After that and a little re-setup things are back to normal for another 4 to 6 month time frame.

Is there something perhaps I'm not doing correctly or a setting I might have missed or is this more or less normal and expected?
    Marty
    ------
    XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2
    Playing with HS3 a bit but it's just play at this point.

If you have access, there is an option to repair and compact the database. You won't lose any of the data doing it this way.

But the problem is that HSTV won't release the database until you stop HomeSeer. They you can compact it and restart HomeSeer.

I was working on some changes to HSTV a few months ago. One of which is changing all the code that connects to the database. I have added a function that you can have run as a HS event action. It will compact the database for you. You can schedule it to run whenever you want.
    The problem is I was also working on some other changes that let you set priority for the HSTV favorites. Everything still works but the priority stuff is not finished. I have a couple of people testing the changes incuding the compact database. They found one problem with it that I need to fix. After that if you want to try the new version, you are welcome to.
    --
    Jeff Farmer
    HS 3, HSPhone
    My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
    Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Thanks for the answer Jeff, No hurry and since i know you're working on it i'm not going to go nuts trying to fix what you're already working on. I can wait till you're done.
      Marty
      ------
      XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2

Comment

I have a version that is working with a compact database function.

The compact function can be added as a HS event action.

If you want to try it let me know. I'll send you some instructions and the new plugin. There are new options that require changes to the database but the plugin will add them the first time it runs.

The new version can integrate with Blades AB8SS plugin and the TwittSeer plugin.
        --
        Jeff Farmer
        HS 3, HSPhone
        My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
        Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Happy to test it out for you. I did fix my problem by just replacing the database, I figured what the hel* I can do setup one more time.
          Marty
          ------

Comment

Working...
          X