Hstouch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by travisdh View Post
    I am slowly moving forward in getting this set up for my hstouch system, thereby hopefully increasing the WAF, and allowing me to get even more automation stuff

I have turned off the hstv menu bar, and the category legend stuff so that part is working fine, however I am unsure of how to turn off the homeseer web server menu bar, so that only the tv listing grid is showing, but none of the homeseer server status, events, control etc headers.

Id appreciate any thoughts you might have as to how best to achieve this, so i can just have the listings table embedded in a hstouch textbox (html).

Thanks

(Marked the section i don't want to show in the attached picture in red)
    When I get back from my errands this is one of the items on my to do list.
    --
    Jeff Farmer
    HS 3, HSPhone
    My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
    Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Originally posted by CFGuy View Post
      Check on the General Options and make sure you have Access selected as the Database Type. Also post or email your Connection String which is right below the Database type.

I have to run some errands this morning but when I get back I have the rest of the day to help.
      Thanks. I had already deleted everything and started from scratch. I had had like a thousand channels to get data from and that may have been too many. When I started over I limited it to like 15 channels and now working. thanks again.

Comment

Sorry to keep bugging you but this is a great plugin. My goal is to look at a guide on my smart phone using hstouch and then when you press the channel my tv will go to that channel. I have a number of events set up in homeseer that use TCP to control the IR for my TV and other components. For instance, I have an event to watch NFLNET on 169 and my Tivo will change the channel to 169. Looks like though on the "Control" tab there isn't a way to run a homeseer event. Should I use scripting to run a homeseer event?

Comment

Originally posted by jayman13 View Post
          Thanks. I had already deleted everything and started from scratch. I had had like a thousand channels to get data from and that may have been too many. When I started over I limited it to like 15 channels and now working. thanks again.

You can do more channels. Just schedule the downlaod, import xml and import data events farther apart. I have the number of days ahead set to 13. I use Dish for my tv so I have a lot of channels being imported.
          I have the following:
          HSTV Step 1: Download XML Files set to run at 4:46 AM
          HSTV Step 2: Import XML FIles set to run at 5:06 AM
          HSTV Step 3: Import Data set to run at 5:32 AM
          --
          Jeff Farmer
          HS 3, HSPhone
          Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Originally posted by travisdh View Post
            I am slowly moving forward in getting this set up for my hstouch system, thereby hopefully increasing the WAF, and allowing me to get even more automation stuff

I have turned off the hstv menu bar, and the category legend stuff so that part is working fine, however I am unsure of how to turn off the homeseer web server menu bar, so that only the tv listing grid is showing, but none of the homeseer server status, events, control etc headers.

Id appreciate any thoughts you might have as to how best to achieve this, so i can just have the listings table embedded in a hstouch textbox (html).

Thanks

(Marked the section i don't want to show in the attached picture in red)

Click on the Button HSTV Admin, then click on the About button.
            On the page there is a link that has the text HSTV for large displays in front of it. Click the link /hstv?pg=display
            That will give you a listings with no buttons at the top. The style sheet is designed to make everything large with this look but you can modify the style sheet to shrink it down to what ever size you want.
            --
            Jeff Farmer
            HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

Sorry to keep bugging you but this is a great plugin. My goal is to look at a guide on my smart phone using hstouch and then when you press the channel my tv will go to that channel. I have a number of events set up in homeseer that use TCP to control the IR for my TV and other components. For instance, I have an event to watch NFLNET on 169 and my Tivo will change the channel to 169. Looks like though on the "Control" tab there isn't a way to run a homeseer event. Should I use scripting to run a homeseer event?
              I think you would be better off using a script. In the Control Item you can setup the script name and the parameter items to send to your script. Then in the script you can check either the channel ID, number or name to change to that channel. That way you don't need a separate event for each channel.
              --
              Jeff Farmer
              HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

hstouch screen

I made this screen using the data from your plugin. It's pretty ghetto though. You think this is something that could be done and then be able to scroll through all the channels and descriptions like an actual guide. Then seeing something you like, pressing it and it comes on?
                Attached Files

Comment

That is quite impressive, any chance you can share how you got that layout working, did you use a script to pull what was currently on with each channel?

Thanks
                  HS3 PRO, Win10, WeatherXML, HSTouch, Pushover, UltraGCIR, Heaps of Jon00 Plugins, Just sold and about to move so very slim system.

Facebook | Twitter | Flickr | Google+ | Website | YouTube

Comment

Not sure if I had to but I used Blade's script so that the formatting would be ok for the hstouch as far as the tv data goes. But like I said it was ghetto. I just manually added all the buttons, put blade's script in the text box of each button and just dragged the image logo from the hstv logo folder...

Comment

I made this screen using the data from your plugin. It's pretty ghetto though. You think this is something that could be done and then be able to scroll through all the channels and descriptions like an actual guide. Then seeing something you like, pressing it and it comes on?

I'm not very good with HSTouch yet. I'm out of town tomorrow but will look into this on Monday to see what I can come up with. I know that HSTouch has the new feature where you can use a file on the server to populate the fields so that might be the way to go.

Would it work for you if the Channel Logo button called a script with a parameter of the channel number?
                      --
                      Jeff Farmer
                      HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

I'm not very good with HSTouch yet. I'm out of town tomorrow but will look into this on Monday to see what I can come up with. I know that HSTouch has the new feature where you can use a file on the server to populate the fields so that might be the way to go.

Would it work for you if the Channel Logo button called a script with a parameter of the channel number?
                        For my setup it would work better if the logo called an event as I already have all my channels as homeseer events. Thanks for looking into it! I'm actually surprised nobody has done something like this before as far as I can tell...

Comment

Just to make sure, you guys are looking for a web page to use as an HTML page in the HSTouch pages.
                          --
                          Jeff Farmer
                          HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

Just to make sure, you guys are looking for a web page to use as an HTML page in the HSTouch pages.
                            That would be fine with me. I'm just looking for a scrollable guide that is somewhat interactive, ie can go to that show by pressing a button.

Comment

That would be fine with me. I'm just looking for a scrollable guide that is somewhat interactive, ie can go to that show by pressing a button.
                              When you say scrollable do you mean a swipe gesture or via scroll bar?
                              John

Comment

I think a scroll bar is too cumbersome and not easy to use on a phone. A swipe gesture makes more sense to me.

Comment

Working...
                                X