• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hstv 3

HI JEFF
    what am i missing

9/15/2012 9:41:38 AM HSTV Priority: 5
    9/15/2012 9:41:38 AM HSTV Error userInsertFav: Object variable or With block variable not set.
    9/15/2012 9:42:15 AM Network Remote client connected from: 127.0.0.1
    9/15/2012 9:44:41 AM HSTV Priority: 1
    9/15/2012 9:44:41 AM HSTV Error userInsertFav: Object variable or With block variable not set.
    9/15/2012 9:48:52 AM HSTV Finished setting HSTV devices

From the errors I think it has to do with setting the virtual devices for whats on.
    If you have an event set with an action of "Set the Whats On virtual devices" but there are no channels selected.

Check your hstv events and either set the "Set Device Strings" event to inactive or go to admin/ data/ channels page and select a device code for at least one channel.

If that doesn't fix the error, let me know if the error is happening at a recurring interval or if it's when you go to a particular page.
    --
    Jeff Farmer
    HS 3, HSPhone
    My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
    Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Any update on the upgrade including the guide? You may have posted it but I'm not sure where to look.

Comment

Sorry, I forgot to post it last week. I'll try to post it this evening.
        --
        Jeff Farmer
        HS 3, HSPhone
        Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Cool. Thanks.

Comment

3.11 posted here.
            http://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=123533
            --
            Jeff Farmer
            HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

Originally posted by CFGuy View Post
              Thanks. It looks good on my computer but on my iphone it gets scaled down. Anyway to fix this?
              Attached Files

Comment

Sorry, I answered my own question by adding zoom: 250% in the hstvbody css...

Comment

One other thing though. I've run into another snag. I have two TV's that sometimes can be on both at the same time. One is usually me watching monday night football and the other is my wife watching lifetime or some such. How do I deal with both of use using the guide at the same time? That is, if she presses the channel for lifetime how can I program it so it launches the event to change the channel on her TV only and not mine? Would there be a way to have two different web pages? One to launch a script and another to launch another script based on channel pressing? Also, could we create our own pages? Say for instance a sports page. Kind of arrange all of the sports channels on one web page, that kind of thing? Thanks though, this is really cool.

Comment

Originally posted by jayman13 View Post
                    One other thing though. I've run into another snag. I have two TV's that sometimes can be on both at the same time. One is usually me watching monday night football and the other is my wife watching lifetime or some such. How do I deal with both of use using the guide at the same time? That is, if she presses the channel for lifetime how can I program it so it launches the event to change the channel on her TV only and not mine? Would there be a way to have two different web pages? One to launch a script and another to launch another script based on channel pressing? Also, could we create our own pages? Say for instance a sports page. Kind of arrange all of the sports channels on one web page, that kind of thing? Thanks though, this is really cool.
                    I could modify the call to the script to send in both the channel number and the HS user name. From that you could modify the Select area to run a different event based on the user name. You can nest Select statements.

That would also work for setting up the different pages. Create a user called Sports and then in the hstv setup for that user, select the sports channels you want to show.

Here is an exaple of a nested select statement.
                    The first select is capped to show which of the case lines go with which select.
                    PHP Code:
                     SELECT CASE userName

CASE "jayman13,sports,movies"

Select Case sChanNum

Case "DIY"

do_something

Case "ESPN"

do_something
                       End Select

CASE "AnotherUserName.chickFlix"

Select Case sChanNUm

Case "DIY"

do_something_different
                       End Select
                     END SELECT 
                    If you think that would work for you I will add the user name this weekend.
                    --
                    Jeff Farmer
                    HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

Originally posted by CFGuy View Post
                      I could modify the call to the script to send in both the channel number and the HS user name. From that you could modify the Select area to run a different event based on the user name. You can nest Select statements.

That would also work for setting up the different pages. Create a user called Sports and then in the hstv setup for that user, select the sports channels you want to show.

Here is an exaple of a nested select statement.
                      The first select is capped to show which of the case lines go with which select.
                      PHP Code:
                       SELECT CASE userName

CASE "jayman13,sports,movies"

Select Case sChanNum

Case "DIY"

do_something

Case "ESPN"

do_something
                         End Select

CASE "AnotherUserName.chickFlix"

Select Case sChanNUm

Case "DIY"

do_something_different
                         End Select
                       END SELECT 
                      If you think that would work for you I will add the user name this weekend.
                      Yeah, that should work, thanks! One other thing though. It looks like the page gets cut-off. I have all the channels on there up to channel 254 but none after on the page despite the plugin having active channels beyond this, like channels 278 - 400 something. Is the page finite or is it supposed to include all the channels? Is there a way to include all the channels on one page?

Comment

Originally posted by jayman13 View Post
                        Thanks. It looks good on my computer but on my iphone it gets scaled down. Anyway to fix this?
                        Where are those glassy buttons coming from? I don't see them in the zip install. And the reference in the style sheet... I don't have that in my HS directory either.
                        John

Comment

Originally posted by johnnybwis View Post
                          Where are those glassy buttons coming from? I don't see them in the zip install. And the reference in the style sheet... I don't have that in my HS directory either.
                          Put this in your style sheet if it isn't there already:

.hstvtablerowodd {
                          background: url('/images/HSTV/touchRowOdd.gif') no-repeat;
                          width:380px;
                          height:115px;
                          }
                          .hstvtablerowodddiv {
                          margin-left: 10px;
                          }
                          .hstvtableroweven {
                          background: url('/images/HSTV/touchRowOdd.gif');
                          }
                          .hstvtablerowevendiv {
                          margin-left: 5px;
                          }
                          .hstvbody {
                          background-image : url('/Images/HSTV/android-intrigue-800.jpg');
                          background-repeat : repeat-y;
                          }

I then made some modifications by playing with it. For instance you can change the background image to whatever you want or the images of the background under .hstvtableroweven or .hstvtablerowodd. Just make sure you put those images that you want in the images/hstv folder and that you change the css above appropriately. All I did was take a couple of images of buttons from the hstouch folder and modified them in paint to the dimensions I wanted them and then put them in the images/hstv folder. Also, under .hstvobdy I put zoom: 230%; which looks right on an iphone running hstouch.

Comment

Thanks... I'm getting it. I need to find a button that has the correct dimensions though.
                            John

Comment

Originally posted by johnnybwis View Post
                              Thanks... I'm getting it. I need to find a button that has the correct dimensions though.

Your button doesn't have to be a particular dimension.
                              You can modify the style sheet to make a button the right size.
                              In the style sheet change the hieght and width to get the background images to the correct size.

background: url('/images/HSTV/touchRowOdd.gif') no-repeat;
                              --
                              Jeff Farmer
                              HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

Working...
                              X