HSTV2 database connect problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HSTV2 database connect problem

After 10 years running win2003 I switched to Windows homeserver 2011 64 bits.
    Homeseer is running but I have a problem with the HSTV.MDB
    I get the following error when I go to for instance events:
    Script error: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified

if Request.Form.Item("createevents") <> "" Then
    hs.launch hs.GetAppPath & "\data\hstv\hstv.exe","runevents",""

Seems like HSTV can't open the database?
    Peter

http://ohh.pcgsm.nl

Look on the hstv general options page and check what you have entered for the connection string. Make sure the pathway is correct to the database.

Also, check the database to see what size it is. If it's near 2 gb, then run a repair and compact.
    --
    Jeff Farmer
    HS 3, HSPhone
    My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
    Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Where can I find the general options page?
      I have the admin page with ODBC name : DSN=hstv
      HS is now running in C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer 2\
      On my old PC it was C:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\
      Can that be the problem somewhere?
      Peter

Comment

Sounds like you are running a really old version of hstv.
        The version where you just entered a datasource name requires you to go into Control Panel, Administrative Tools, ODBC DataSources and create a datasource called HSTV that points to the database.
        --
        Jeff Farmer
        HS 3, HSPhone
        Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

created the datasource and everything is ok now.
          Thanks!
          Peter

Comment

Glad to hear it!
            --
            Jeff Farmer
            HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

Working...
            X